Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 13: In which there aren't muffin pans.  (Read 26162 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 6: Premature detonation and pain
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2012, 05:00:50 pm »

Oh well goddammit. Shoulda said something right after it became clear we thought it was alive.

To the lab!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2012, 05:42:07 pm »

Brilliant!

Continue Snooping

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2012, 05:57:31 pm »

Look at the snail body, what left anyway.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2012, 09:04:15 pm »

Sorry I didn't get the turn out earlier. My best friend's Grandma died over the weekend, and the viewing was today. Funeral is tomorrow, so no turn tomorrow until late evening at the earliest.
Anyway, turn 7 out ASAP.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 7
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2012, 09:44:02 pm »

To add the mascot character or no...
Too late, I did.

Turn 7: In which they become a Magical Girl Squad. Sort of.

Actions:
--------
Magical Girl Transformation Sequence Go! Fly to the fight!
---As your action wouldn't have changed regardless of the snail's vitality, I'm taking this one. ---
(6{99}) You do a flashy, if rather embarrassing, transformation sequence that involves nudity and dramatic dancing and posing. Afterword, you leap into the air and the wind forms a cushion around you, effortlessly carrying you to the source of the lightning. It also has the unfortunate side effect of causing a small windstorm around you, and loose brush, leaves, and weak branches whip around you violently as you land.

Valia introduces herself to the other girls, and tries to convince them to team up.
(7) After the fifth magical "girl" appears in a small gale of wind, you introduce yourself, and attempt to convince them to form a group. You're even more personable then normal, and they all find themselves agreeing that this is a good idea, even if they didn't want this power before. At least, until you can find a way to remove the talismans.

Stand aside. Watch everyone nonchalantly, try to fix the Gem in the meantime.
Examine that corpse!
(3) You attempt to fix the gem while Valia persuades you. Even though you fail to get anywhere with your efforts, you still agree. Giving up on the gem for the moment, you inspect the snail-monster. Looking at it clearly, it's certainly not natural. It might have been created in a lab. You'd probably have a more thorough understanding if the cackling crossdresser hadn't zapped it so... thoroughly.

Look at the snail body, whats left anyway.
(x) You... look at it. It's a horrible abomination of nature, but you can't seem to look away.
You feel like you should inspect it, but quickly give up. The amount of electricity involved, combined with the boiling excretions of the creature, have completely destroyed any evidence beyond the obvious: This is an unnatural creation of mad science.

To the lab!
(5) Given that you're now part of the team, you decide that you should probably take them with you. Since you recognize where you are, you take the group to your abode.
Shortly after arriving, you hear something thump against the door several times. Almost as if a rather small creature is attempting to knock by throwing it's body against the building.

Spoiler:  The Monk12 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tersr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Freeformschooler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Dermonster (click to show/hide)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 7: Temporarily Teamed up Tonight.
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2012, 10:16:14 pm »

Open the door! Then name it Snarf.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2012, 10:24:55 pm »

"Hey, careful! It could be another one of those beasts!" Valia pushed Tina out of the way and stood guard in front of the opened door. "Show yourself, invader!"

Action: Stand guard by the door after Tina opens in, waiting to retaliate in the case of danger.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2012, 10:42:21 pm »

"Well, that was odd."

Start looking at the plants to get ideas for plant powers.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2012, 10:56:01 pm »

((If you have any personal things theifofdreams, then prioritize them first before this, we can wait  :) ))

"This place is...amazing."

Work with the lab to fix this Gem!

But

First, check the door with Tina and Valia

"Strange," Nessara muttered to herself, "I can't seem to fix this darned thing. Maybe if I..."

Tinker with the Gem, trying to discover more about it and the weird voice that told them about it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 05:00:18 am by Tiruin »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2012, 11:15:49 pm »

"Bahahahaha! Behold, my secret laboratory! Here I carry out all sort of experiments! Lets see just what you can do, eh? Oh, who's this? Let it in, I got enough defenses in this place to blow a construct sky high!"

Start shocking various bits of crystal and battery to see if any can hold a magical charge.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2012, 12:07:01 am »

((If you have any personal things theifofdreams, then prioritize them first before this, we can wait  :) ))
Thanks for understanding. I'll still try to get the turn out at a reasonable time. Anyway, turn 8 out fairly soon. several days later.
Then name it Snarf.
This Snarf?
Well, if you do, it'll Snarf-snarf all the time. You'll have only yourself to blame.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 8
« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2012, 09:34:23 pm »

Well, that was not fairly soon. Or even reasonably soon. I am extremely apologetic. Anyway, without further delay, aplomb, pronunciation, celebration, cheering, ado, announcing-of, or repetition here is turn 8.

Turn 8: In which they meet the Mascot. Thing.

Actions:
--------
Start shocking various bits of crystal and battery to see if any can hold a magical charge.
(3) After zapping various bits you have around the lab, you find that none of them hold the magical charge. Maybe you don't have the right materials?

Start looking at the plants to get ideas for plant powers.
(3) You look at several plants, thinking. You don't come up with any ideas, though, and decide to worry about it after the others open the door.

Open the door! Then name it Snarf.
(x) You open the door. Beyond is a small cat-like creature, though it's several sizes smaller. Looking closer, you see that several patches of fur cover metallic plating. Whether this is a robot, or something far stranger, you can't tell. You immediately christen it Snarf before it gets the chance to do anything.

Stand guard by the door after Tina opens it, waiting to retaliate in the case of danger.
(7) You ready yourself for untold horrors, and you're more then disappointed at the result. Oh well, maybe next time.

First, check the door with Tina and Valia
Tinker with the Gem, trying to discover more about it and the weird voice that told them about it.
(6) After seeing that the creature at the door is apparently harmless, you go back to working on the gem. This time, not only do you manage to completely fix it, but you activate the speakers again, and the same voice repeats the message you heard when the gem first affixed itself to you.
"Greetings magical girls. I am the professor who designed these talismans. By now the talisman should have fused with you, and is impossible to remove short of the removal of the attached arm, or death. You should find that you can transform between a "Magical girl" state, and your normal appearance at whim, simply by concentrating. When in the MG state, you can release the energy within the talisman to alter the world around you. The energy will recharge slowly, afterwords, so be careful. I expect you're eager to get to saving the world, so this is the end of the message. See you soon."
... You're not sure what you just did, though.

Hearing the message, the odd creature looks up and seems to smile, before speaking in a genteel accent. "Oh, good. I was afraid I was too late, but it appears as though I was not too delayed. At least, if you are just receiving that message now."
It looks up in apparent confusion before speaking again. "Your pardon madam, but my name is not Snarf, and I do not know what one is. My name is... well, you may refer to me as Jasper, as I doubt any of you would remember my full designation. I was created to assist the designated "Magical Girls" in understanding their abilities, as well as to guide them in actions proper to becoming fully fledged "Magical Girls". It may well be a pleasure to meet all... five? of you. ... Oh dear. You seem to be missing two talismans, and their bearers. Hopefully they did not fall into the wrong hands."

Spoiler:  The Monk12 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tersr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Freeformschooler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Sidekick: Jasper

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 8: Meet the Jeeves
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2012, 09:48:22 pm »

"Oh now this is interesting. Welcome to my lab Jaspers! My name is Derek, these are my apparent compatriots, and I would dearly like to know what exactly makes you tick. These are yours you say? The creators had some horrific ideas on what exactly constitutes a battle uniform, and no idea what actually counts as a 'girl'. Speaking of, I'd much rather prefer my lab coat, and I'm not exactly sure on how to turn this thing off. Excuse me, I just got an idea. Electromagnets... electromagnets... ah! here we go."

Attempt to build a gun that shoots spinning metal discs that I can channel my electricity through.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:02:13 pm by dermonster »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2012, 10:00:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"What are you talking about, Snarf? What's a Magical Girl? What powers? What other talismans? Whaaaaat!?!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2012, 10:37:20 pm »

Nessara turned to Derek, "What battle uniform? Nothing seems different when I changed-- that is, if I did...at all." She then turned to the cat-thing.

"Jasper," she said with a smile, "What do you know about these things-" She held up the arm that held the Gem.

"-and what do you mean by 'Seven'? There are others?!"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13