Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 13: In which there aren't muffin pans.  (Read 26144 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Run forward. If hostile in area =  yes, coat my omni-tool in a covering of electricity and unleash a surprise attack.
If Hostile = no, ask woman about what is wrong.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile

*Gasp* so fast. ^^
Hope you guys are enjoying this so far. And getting lots of laughs in.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

They only come out at night, amirite?

Ignore the wierdo transvestite, back to getting on the roof!

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Run towards it and make small talk attack!
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Too...shocked...can't.

Nessara cancels Fix: Interrupted by Shadow

Recover from shock. Check if silhouette or the man is passive and not deadly through any means necessary, if any prove a threat and I cannot escape:

Wield wrench in both hands. Attack with mechanical fury!

What a weird day I've been having...

(Tiny Request to the GM, could you fix the typo in my Appearance? Thanks!))
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:51:26 pm by Tiruin »

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They only come out at night, amirite?
Could be, could be. Could also be related to the amulets, and this is merely the first of many. Could just be a random escaped abomination. Who knows? Who cares? It's a horrible monster to hug and befriend kill and maim.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

I was referring to the grown man dressed up like a little girl, but sure, let's go with the abomination :P

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lol. Hey derm, do you only come out at night? :P Also: turn 6 as soon as i run out of distractions tonight. ^^ (Food calls to me...)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll come any time I damn well please. Hell, I'll come all day and night if I want to.

I'm right behind you, by the way. By the time you're reading this I'll be gone.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 6
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2012, 12:45:45 am »

You didn't notice, but when you were behind me, I doodled on your face.

Turn 6: In which Derm goes all Derm on a snail.

Actions:
--------
Ignore the wierdo transvestite, back to getting on the roof!
(4) It takes some work, and your clothes get several rips and tears, but you manage to clamber onto the rooftop. A flash of lightning moments later, coming from the park, draws your attention.

Run forward. If hostile in area =  yes, coat my omni-tool in a covering of electricity and unleash a surprise attack. If Hostile = no, ask woman about what is wrong.
(4) As you run forward, you see an amusingly deformed giant snail. On the spot, you decide to apply liberal amounts of !!SCIENCE!! to the beast's slime-covered epidermal layer, in the form of several hundred watts coating your omni-tool. Channeling the energy is easy, and moments later you attempt to swing your charged weapon down on it from behind, but the beast turns to face you as you do. (7/2) The omni-tool strikes the monster, and the slime covering the beast reacts to, and amplifies, the electrical attack, unleashing a crackling storm of energy in the surrounding area. You're fine, as the electrical surge seems to recharge your talisman completely, but you aren't sure about the other people around you.

Valia tries to determine what the woman ahead is looking in shock at. If it's hostile, she jumps in front of the woman and protects her with her metal staff!
As you watch Derek run ahead, cackling eagerly, you move in front of the woman, attempting to shield her with your staff. Just then, Derek's attack connects, and a wave of lightning blasts the area.

Recover from shock. Check if silhouette or the man is passive and not deadly through any means necessary, if any prove a threat and I cannot escape:
Wield wrench in both hands. Attack with mechanical fury!
(6 [80])
As you recover, a crossdresser in a shocking yellow dress charges the snail, holding a strange tool covered in electricity, and a woman steps in front of you. You take the opportunity to step back abit, but then everything goes white for a moment as a storm of energy blasts the area, centered on the snail.
((Tiny Response to the Player: Sure, sorry I didn't notice it before. Fix'd as of now.))

Run towards it and make small talk attack!
(2) You charge forward, drawing your fist back to strike. You get the feeling something horrible was about to happen to you, when the snail turns from you. Moments later, something else happens and the snail seems to explode with electricity.

Electrical storm results: (4)
Paul: (5) Without thinking, you flinch back and a wall of foliage surrounds you, shielding you from electric death.
Valia: (4) You're not sure what happened afterwords, but it seems like your opposing nature drastically reduced the damage you would have taken. You're pretty sure you only got really lucky, though.
Nessara: (4) The distance is just enough to let you dodge backwards, and escape with only some singes and scrapes.
Dermonster: (x) You cackle gleefully as the electricity that strikes you instantly earths itself in the gem on your wrist, the overflow giving you a boost of energy and making you feel... giddy.

Spoiler:  The Monk12 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tersr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Freeformschooler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Dermonster (click to show/hide)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 6: Premature detonation and pain
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2012, 01:26:45 am »

Let's see what the power of Wind is worth under the hood.

Magical Girl Transformation Sequence Go! Fly to the fight!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2012, 07:23:37 am »

Am I already laughing maniacally? Keep that up. Drain its bio electricity.

Gonna go Infamous on this guy.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2012, 10:06:13 am »

Valia introduces herself to the other girls, and tries to convince them to team up.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:00:56 pm by freeformschooler »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2012, 10:12:19 am »

'And to think this wouldn't get any weirder, a snail. A..Giant Snail...corpse.'

Stand aside. Watch everyone nonchalantly, try to fix the Gem in the meantime.

Examine that corpse!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 08:39:47 pm by Tiruin »

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2012, 04:57:26 pm »

Sorry I thought it was clear, but I guess I should have flat out said it.
Derm has one-shotted the snail. And would have seriously hurt the rest of you if you didn't roll at least partial successes on the defense roll against it.
Poor snaily... The fun we could have had  :'(. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

But you all might want to modify those actions. Unless you -want- to mutilate a crispy snail-cinder. That's cool too.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13