Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Bonaparte's Hounds - Monster-hunting in the 19th century - Turn XI  (Read 10210 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Bonaparte's Hounds - Monster-hunting in the 19th century - Turn VIII
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2012, 06:25:15 am »

Regina nodded somberly, running a hand through her hair, hesitantly. She wasn't used to this...

"We've been charged to investigate this murder, Father Ebner-and the circumstances surrounding it. We bear the seals of the Emperor, if you need to check our credentials.

We thought, being the center of the community, you might be able to illuminate us as to the cause of death. Has any progress been made in bringing her murderer to justice?"

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2012, 06:38:20 am »

"Well, let us take the two rooms, and have someone move an extra three beds in. Here," he said, handing over a few coins, "for the food."

D'Oberlin tipped fairly generously, as was his Alsatian custom, and tucked into the cheese and bread, bringing his pocket knife out and slicing the hard cheese on the wooden table, tearing off chunks of bread and occasionally dipping them into the rustic wine. It was a light red, it grated, as his father would have said, and it reminded him of the red wines from back home. Despite his education and the cities his profession had taken him to live in, he still felt more at home in the small villages of the countryside. Or in their food, to be more precise. Hearty food. Bien servi, as they said. He grunted appreciatively as he topped up Viktor's mug.

After the food, d'Oberlin heads over to the carpenter to see if he can purchase a rugged walking stick. Then back to the inn to wait for our comrades and do as they suggest.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2012, 04:01:21 pm »

Viktor nodded in agreement at taking the two rooms, and after a brief prayer, began to eat, grunting appreciatively as D'Oberlin refilled his mug.
After thanking the serving girl for the food, stick with d'Oberlin until everyone gathers together.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2012, 05:12:06 pm »

"Was there...any unique marks on the woman's body?"

Aydin wasn't sure if he was saying the phrase right, but he tried.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2012, 02:56:27 am »

"Very well, might we see the body, it might help us in the investigation, I will call for an expert in medicine."

Alexandre notices a boy walking around the church and walks over to him.

"How would you like to earn some money? Go to the tavern and find Hippolyte d'Oberline, lead him here, tell him that it is important and that Alexandre sent you. You will be paid on return, I promise you. Now, hurry!"

With that the little boy darts towards the tavern. Street urchins are very useful as they know a lot and can be used as excellent messengers, he has used them more than once.

Send an urchin for the doctor and examine the body with or without the doctor
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:29:25 am by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2012, 04:21:33 am »

D'Oberlin will head to the church if there's time.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2012, 06:55:18 am »

Can I get waitlisted, please?
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2012, 07:38:29 am »

Bump because we care!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2012, 08:55:27 am »

Whodda thought, I have the update actually ready. I just haven't posted it because it was terribly rushed. You'd know this if you came on #bay12rtd more often, Dwarmin.

---

The Church

Regina steps forward confidently.

"We've been charged to investigate this murder, Father Ebner-and the circumstances surrounding it. We bear the seals of the Emperor, if you need to check our credentials.

We thought, being the center of the community, you might be able to illuminate us as to the cause of death. Has any progress been made in bringing her murderer to justice?"

[2+2=4] The old priest casts a bewildered look at the strange group, shaking his head. 'The seals of the Emperor?' he asks. 'But... you can't be serious. What business could the Emperor have with a killing in a place like this?'

He shrugs to himself and nods slowly. 'I'm not a medical professional, but as far as I can tell, the person who did this used a blade of some kind. She... no, it's not something I want to think about. As for the killer - an outlaw's life is usually short and brutish. God willing, he'll be dead by now. At least he has not returned to Bartelsberg.'

"Was there...any unique marks on the woman's body?" asks Abbar, in broken French. The priest doesn't appear to understand all of it, no doubt also lacking in familiarity with the tongue. Regina is kind enough to translate for him. He answers with a shrug.

'As I said, I am not a medical professional. Why? What did you expect?'

Following up on the remark, Alexandre asks for them to see the body with a doctor in tow. [4+1=5] The priest, while reluctant to let anyone disrupt her rest, eventually relents. He tells them to head down into the cellars - he's not coming, unwilling to see her in this state anymore.

[2] Alexandre heads outside to look for a street urchin or child who could deliver a message for him, but the street is stubbornly empty. He could just walk over to the tavern, or go see the body without the good doctor.

Bartelsberg Alehouse

Back in the tavern, d'Oberlin pays for the rooms and the food and gets to work on eating them together with Viktor. The food is good and cheap, and when he finally ventures out to the carpenter's shop, he's feeling pleasantly full.

The carpenter turns out to be a thick-set man in his late thirties, muscled and tense. He shares his name as Elias and quickly proves surprisingly jovial, babbling on happily with d'Oberlin and Viktor while they look for a good walking stick. Hippolyte ends up with a sturdy, neatly-carved thing of dark wood and pays the carpenter's price more than happily enough. Hippolyte returns to the tavern, testing out the walking stick against the muddy street. He and Viktor settle down at their table again.

Spoiler: micelus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Theifofdreams (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: lawastooshort (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: vagel7 (click to show/hide)

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Bonaparte's Hounds - Monster-hunting in the 19th century - Turn IX
« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2012, 10:45:11 am »

"Viktor," said d'Oberlin, sitting down at the same table in the inn, "Another drink? Or shall we seek out our companions?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2012, 02:32:02 pm »

((Abbar's fighting orks on some planet in 40k, DH  :P.))

Interesting; lets see this body now...

Aydin heads down to look at the corpse. Examine it with respect.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2012, 04:48:19 am »

Viktor sat down and leaned forward, lowering his voice slightly.
"Wait. They know where we are. Only leave if trouble. Any trouble. Find them then. In trouble."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2012, 06:03:11 am »

"Waitress! Another carafe of wine please..."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2012, 09:09:32 am »

((Abbar's fighting orks on some planet in 40k, DH  :P.))

Nonsense, my man! Is that a genestealer I see coming from the woods?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2012, 09:44:23 am »

"A tragedy. What can you tell me about her when she was alive, Father?"

Regina folded her hands politely, showing the proper amount of grief.

Action: Regina questions the priest about the victim when she was alive...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9