Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Bonaparte's Hounds - Monster-hunting in the 19th century - Turn XI  (Read 10209 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bonaparte's Hounds - Monster-hunting in the 19th century - Turn IV
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2012, 02:47:41 pm »

Crammed into the carriage next to Regina was making his closely fitted white trousers a bit too tight. Think of the saints, think of the saints.

"If the state didn't want to draw attention to us, they sure took the wrong action here. About your steamer trunk comment Regina, I was lost in the desert for 3 days without supplies."

Alex tried to remember what the red powder and moonstones are for.

That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bonaparte's Hounds - Monster-hunting in the 19th century - Turn IV
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2012, 03:14:26 pm »

Jouef Town

The driver pulls the reins and sets the near-skeletal horses stumbling forward. The carriage is uneven and on the verge of breaking from every bump in the road, and it quickly becomes clear even the most hardened of sailors could not keep his lunch in on a journey like this. Only Jacques himself isn't bothered much, whistling happily as the unholy mess veers from the town and begins dragging itself up the road, towards the woodlands beyond the border.

The group holds on to the best of their ability. Brave Hippolyte even attempts to talk with their lunatic of a driver.

"Bandits on the road?" he manages, fighting to keep his expression stable. Jacques smiles and nods.

'Oh, yes. Bandits and deserters, you can't really tell the difference in these days. I won't say anything bad about the Emperor's, bless his name, armies, but even the strongest of men can get it in their heads that they'd be better off away from all the fighting. And sometimes they take their guns and training with them. Bad business, all around. But they usually stick to the bigger roads.'

Regina joins in, asking a few gentle questions about Bartelsberg in general. Their driver answers everything, babbling on without a single pause.

'Bartelsberg, Bartelsberg. Ah, I've been doing this route ever since the liberation. It's a good town, good people. For the most part, atleast. Never a large town, mind you, and the war certainly wasn't kind, but...' he says and shrugs.

The carriage rattles on, Jouef disappearing from sight. Eventually, the majority of the group phases out from the rant, though Regina listens on. [1+2=3] Eventually, even she has to give up, unable to pick out much genuinely useful information from his babbling. After a while, Jacques runs out of topics to discuss and the trip continues in silence.

[6] Alexandre goes through his things, bringing back to mind the use of the Red Powder and the Moonstones. Truth to be told, he bought both off a gypsy woman who gave vague promises they'd help against the creatures of the night and refused to elaborate - but through dutiful study he's identified them as substances mentioned in old occult texts. Red powder, when scattered over a vampire, is said to force the evil creature to its most foul form and thus reveal it amongst honest men, though it did not specify how one was supposed to get the powder on a vampire. Moonstones, on the other hand, act as a primitive ward in a graveyard or burial site, keeping all witches and evil men away lest they raise the dead for their nefarious purposes.

Woodland Road, near Bartelsberg

It's amazing that the carriage actually lasts as long as it does. When the makeshift wheel finally cracks off and spins into the night, they've reached the edge of the forest hiding Bartelsberg behind its thick vegetation.

'Ahh...' Jacques mutters, frowning for a change. 'The village is just beyond these woods. We can make the last of the route on foot.'

The narrow road snaking through the thick forest doesn't look too inviting, but it's still light, the rainclouds have passed, and their driver seems confident, striding with a swift pace up the muddy road.

Spoiler: micelus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Theifofdreams (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: lawastooshort (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: vagel7 (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Bonaparte's Hounds - Monster-hunting in the 19th century - Turn V
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2012, 04:28:30 pm »

Regina Boulanger stepped out of the carriage first, grimacing as she heard the *squelch* of her boots landing in a mud puddle.

She peered into the thick forest with some trepidation. This was not her domain-while she could weave her way through a packed crowd without being seen, or creep over a shingle roof without making a sound in the dead of night, the untamed wilds only held a nameless fear, a mute panic-of pearly teeth, red eyes and deadly claws in the primordial darkness, no place to hide, no place to run. She kept her pistol close to her side to keep her hand from trembling, holding the rosewood grip for comfort.

"This should turn out well, don't you think-traipsing though the forest after a witless carriage driver?" Regina deadpanned beside Alexandre, trying to summon up a shaky smile. She had stepped a bit closer to him as he exited the carriage, feeling a bit safer by his side, at least.

Action: Stick close to Alexandre, make our way in the direction of Bartelsberg.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2012, 04:44:12 pm »

"Viktor - you should be at home here, eh?"

Keep close to Viktor, and encourage him to keep at the front, with Jacques in sight at all times.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2012, 12:20:58 am »

Viktor shrugged at the surgeon, pausing with a far-away look before replying,
"Home is far away. But is... close? No... word is.. like? Bah, do not know."
Grinning suddenly, he spoke again as an afterthought, "Is better than city. Open. Honest. Simple. ... But maybe only to me."
Pause briefly to check for anything natural that might be dangerous and either warn or reassure my companions. After that, ready my rifle and follow Jacques.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2012, 01:35:10 am »

I'm not liking this at all...Truly why am I even here? What does some Emperor of France need of a Turkish imam? Better yet, what does this have anything to do with my family? And now by Allah, we're going into this dark forest! Forgive me for that...

...Aydin's mind wandered. He sighed and followed behind Viktor, seeing that he was the one with the axe.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2012, 02:43:20 pm »

Alexandre stepped out of the carriage, slightly worried. Knowing a lot of stories this story of them seemed slightly cliche. after all, almost everybody knows at least one story similar to this, travelers get stuck on a road at night and then they have to stay away from the monsters.

Seeing that Regina only had a shirt he decided to offer her his red greatcoat.
"Here, a shirt won't do you much good in the open here. Take this greatcoat, my coat will keep me warm."

Smiling he assured Regina that they would be fine.

Check the rifle, stick close to Regina and follow the driver.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:57:43 pm by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2012, 02:52:30 pm »

It's not night time yet!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2012, 02:57:12 pm »

Nononono, don't say anything, this way he'll look like a madman when he comments on the moon.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2012, 02:58:28 pm »

But it is night time, "And spins off into the night".

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2012, 03:00:24 pm »

Well I suppose it could be visible right now, but the moon in daylight doesn't in my opinion look remarkably beautiful.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2012, 03:02:10 pm »

Even in the daylight it looks nice.
In fact, I think it looks better in the day, because it has rarity value to it, too.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2012, 03:08:44 pm »

Nononono, don't say anything, this way he'll look like a madman when he comments on the moon.

Sorryyyy... ;)

Even in the daylight it looks nice.
... it has rarity value to it, too.

I agree, although the best moons I have seen were at night, in autumn.

Anyway...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2012, 03:12:25 pm »

"Here, a shirt won't do you much good in the open here. Take this greatcoat, my coat will keep me warm."

Smiling he assured Regina that they would be fine.

Regina nodded in thanks, slipping the warm coat over her shoulders and pulling it tight.

She spoke quietly, only to him, smiling.

"Well, this shirt is one of yours as well, so I guess your coat completes the set. I hope you don't mind I had to borrow it this morning."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2012, 01:24:25 pm »

Speaking with a low voice to Regina, Alex allowed himself a little smile.

"I thought that it looked kind of...familiar."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9