Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 2012 and its effect on your gameplay  (Read 7056 times)

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
Re: Dwarf Fortress 2012 and its effect on your gameplay
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2012, 09:44:59 pm »

Spend several weeks reworking my various mods to take into account the new werewolf and vampire threats, to be released shortly after the inevitable volley of rapid-fire bugfix releases comes to an end.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2012, 10:03:41 pm »

I look forward to turning my refuse pile near my butcher into the most awesome pit of undead horror.  Already plan on making a fort lead by Urist McWest.
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2012, 11:08:53 pm »

Modding in firearms all the way. Perhaps a rate-of-fire setting with reloadable magazines will make Old West-style shoot-outs possible.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2012, 11:51:25 pm »

...I don't think either of those are in, Urist.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2012, 12:18:20 am »

I've managed a pretty good approximation of muzzle-loading weapons. It should be easy enough to adapt to an Old West setting if you like that sort of thing, even if reloading the cylinder/magazine would be nigh-impossible to convey and there's no way to rename quivers.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2012, 01:17:55 am »

Again, I am going to mod in chest bursting fluffy wamblers that melt your eyes out. If I can give them eerie glowing mist, all the better :D

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2012, 01:32:52 am »

It should certainly be possible to weaponize Vampires and Necromancers. Easy, in fact. They're practically weaponized already.
Never pet a burning dog.

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2012, 01:56:25 am »

No longer have my cats and crazy cat ladies dumped in a pit to deplete goblin's arrow supplies before battle?  Maybe maybe not.
Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2012, 11:48:44 am »

It should be easy enough to adapt to an Old West setting if you like that sort of thing
Yeah. Watching Clint Eastwood's 'A Fistful of Dollars', 'For a Few Dollars More', and 'The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly' one too many times has gotten me interested into Old West-style mods and such.

even if reloading the cylinder/magazine would be nigh-impossible to convey
Perhaps a really skilled modder could find his/her way into some things, and muck around with the ranged weapon settings. THAT would be useful to get the guns to hold ammo in them. It's highly unlikely, I know, and I don't know ANYBODY here who's gotten that far.

Repeating weapons with reloadable magazines/cylinders and rate-of-fire settings could also make a WWII or my MW3 mods more possible.

there's no way to rename quivers.
You can name quivers?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2012, 02:04:52 pm »

I'm going to go to the new evil areas and do !!Science!!
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2012, 02:39:37 pm »

there's no way to rename quivers.
You can name quivers?

I'm pretty sure that by saying that "you can't rename quivers", Jake was trying to say that you can't name quivers at all. As in, they'll always be quivers, never bandoliers or such.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2012, 03:53:24 pm »

If only Vials could break when thrown.
Then we could obtain a deadly contact poison and chuck it at people...
Maybe I should put this in Suggestions...
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2012, 04:40:41 pm »

I'm going to mess around with the new interactions and breath weapons and stuff.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4