Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: The Captain, Chuck Norris, Saurfang...  (Read 4469 times)

Kronos

• Bay Watcher
  • Diorite Lord
    • View Profile
The Captain, Chuck Norris, Saurfang...
« on: April 17, 2008, 09:39:00 pm »

I've seen several of these floating around now, and the number seems to be increasing. Any others you've heard of? Any jokes you'd like to share that follow this general context?
I've, uh, been feeling this urge to spout one off I came up with, actually...

When The Captain, Chuck Norris and Saurfang had lunch together, every real and unreal reality collapsed into nothingness, and nothingness collapsed into insanity, leaving only The Captain, Chuck Norris, Saurfang and three chairs, a table and their lunch, which only continued to exist because they wanted it to.

On another note, the only one of these I've actually had any experience with outside of the jokes (and the only one I've actually been impressed with) is The Captain.

[ April 17, 2008: Message edited by: Kronos ]

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: The Captain, Chuck Norris, Saurfang...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 10:22:00 pm »

What your thinking of is:

Chuck Norris and Mr. T walk into a bar... The building was instantly destroyed, as no single structure can contain that level of Awesome.

I like this!

Uirst Ironblood once axed a goblin so hard that the head flew

• back[/x] forward in time and killed Amelia Earhart as she was flying over the pacific ocean.

There are no animal raws; only a list of creatures that Uirst Ironblood allows to live.

Uirst Ironblood once got drunk and wore a bed on his back and planted a helmet. This is the origin of both Plump Helmets and the reason that elves, attempting to emulate him, wear only wooden armor.

Uirst Ironblood got a fell mood that required 3423175458 goblin corpses. It was the fastest mood in history. It was a menacing spike, menacing with spikes. On the spike is an engraving of a Dwarf and an everything. The Dwarf is striking down the Everything.

[ April 17, 2008: Message edited by: PTTG?? ]

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 11:20:00 pm »

URIST
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 11:27:00 pm »

Though dwarves aren't generally known for their knowledge of mathematics, Urist Ironblood can and does divide by zero.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 11:35:00 pm »

So is Urist Ironblood some feller I should know about or what?

Is he just Chuck Norris in dwarf form?

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 11:43:00 pm »

I don't know any Urist Ironbloods either. Mayhaps you are reffering to the legendary Captain?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 04:45:00 am »

Urist = the generic dwarven name

check out your embark screen

most likely at least one fo them is called Urist

Ironblood = the legendary captain

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rictus

• Bay Watcher
  • still hasn't found any adamantine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 04:57:00 am »

And, um, who is The Captain?

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 06:42:00 am »

Everyone has a little Captain in them, especially when you drink responsibly and don't drive intoxicated.

Kronos

• Bay Watcher
  • Diorite Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 08:11:00 am »

Captain Ironblood (A.K.A The Captain) is from the Nist Akath community fortress in the Community Games and Stories part of the forum. It's a must read for any dwarf fortress player...
Every time someone asks who Captain Ironblood is, The Captain punts a megabeast over Nist Akath with an artifact gabbro cabinet.

I don't really know where Chuck Norris came from, but he appears to be the origin of this type of joke.
If Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick and Captain Ironblood's Kal Berim were to collide, the world would implode from the sheer awesomeness.

Saurfang is a famous NPC in WoW; I'm probably one of the few people who would rather waste away the day with DF than with WoW, and have never played it, but I found a link to an excessive list of Saurfang jokes on tvtropes.org.
The reason Arthas has never left northrend is because he knows that, if he does, he will be cleaved in the face by Saurfang.

Mr. T (*wiki's*) is an actor, professional wrestler, and generally associated with the 'tough guy' look and seems to be gaining a fair number of these as well.
I don't know what his 'signature' is, though...

What do you call these kinds of jokes anyway? Hardcore Jokes? Awesomeness Jokes? They don't have a name, do they?

Daniel Charms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 09:04:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kronos:
<STRONG>
Mr. T (*wiki's*) is an actor, professional wrestler, and generally associated with the 'tough guy' look and seems to be gaining a fair number of these as well.
I don't know what his 'signature' is, though...</STRONG>

I pity the fool who doesn't know what Mr. T's signature is.

bigmcstrongmuscle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 11:57:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kronos:
<STRONG>I don't really know where Chuck Norris came from, but he appears to be the origin of this type of joke.
If Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick and Captain Ironblood's Kal Berim were to collide, the world would implode from the sheer awesomeness.

<snip>

What do you call these kinds of jokes anyway? Hardcore Jokes? Awesomeness Jokes? They don't have a name, do they?</STRONG>

Chuck Norris gets these jokes made about him because he was an extremely skilled karate champion (he retired with a 65-6-2 tournament record, and went back to beat everyone he ever lost to, according to Wikipedia). He was renowned for founding his own karate discipline and for his devastating roundhouse kicks. You'd never know it, though - he's more famous these days for starring in Walker: Texas Ranger and a lot of really corny movies.

And as far as I know, this kind of joke got its start with the Vin Diesel Facts thread on SomethingAwful.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 12:15:00 pm »

If Captain Ironblood were to fight Chuck Norris, Saurfang, and Mr. T at the same time Ironblood would win. Easy, every time.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 12:19:00 pm »

The T can throw helluva far, and his van is hella fast, foo!

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 03:33:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Earthquake Damage:
<STRONG>The T can throw helluva far, and his van is hella fast, foo!</STRONG>

But he ain't gettin' in no plane, foo'!

Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5