Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

- 0 (0%)

- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 01, 2012, 06:12:51 am

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Let's Play Victoria 2: Origin of Nations! - Dio e Popolo! (Ch. VII)  (Read 62391 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Victoria 2: Origin of Nations! - Conclavis! (Ch. V)
« Reply #120 on: February 02, 2012, 12:12:49 am »

Under his breath, Micelus whispered" Nazareth obviously...shame he's dead and risen."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 02, 2012, 02:50:21 am »

The Conclave remains inconclusive.  Possessing the majority of College votes, their Eminences Barbarossa, Cicero, and Micelus are almost certain to win the next nomination.  Cicero and Micelus have both refused the nomination, and so Barbarossa is considered the favorite candidate this time running.  The Catholic world eagerly awaits the emergence of the chosen.

Meanwhile, mobs have taken to the streets and are setting Rome ablaze.  The Vatican is surrounded by fire.  The Swiss Guard is nowhere to be seen, indeed some are reported to partake in the riot.  Clashes form in the streets where Zouaves and clerical mobs meet the Citizen's Guard of Rome and mistake one another for looters. 

Within the Chapel, tension mounts...

(This is the final vote, ending this time tomorrow, and won by majority vote alone.  Almost done with the next update and the first test release of the mod - I should be able to get both up after tomorrow.)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 02, 2012, 08:41:34 am »

The poll closed two days ago...?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2012, 11:03:20 am »

/fp  I thought all this time that resetting the votes resets the lock timer.  Is there a way to re-open the voting?

If not, we can just go with the highest sum of votes as our new pope, which would be...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Off-topic, it seems the new V2 expansion came out yesterday on GamersGate.  I'll try it out once I get it to work.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 02, 2012, 04:42:31 pm »

Cardinal Euchre looked pensive, then nodded, as if he had made a decision.

Cardinal Barbarossa, I must say I'm pleased with your views that we must restore the glory of the former Roman Empire, but what is your stance on support for the Jesuits, purely as shepards of our people?

Cardinal Euchre then smiled at Barbarossa, and quietly waited for a response.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2012, 08:51:40 pm »

The Jesuits are missionaries of our people, they work to spread our influence and ways throughout the known world. Domestically, they ensure that our citizens remain upright and moral, according to the laws of Christendom, and thus this land.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2012, 12:49:10 pm »

/fp  I thought all this time that resetting the votes resets the lock timer.  Is there a way to re-open the voting?

Off-topic, it seems the new V2 expansion came out yesterday on GamersGate.  I'll try it out once I get it to work.

Resetting the votes doesn't reset the lock timer (a lesson I learned over in my AoD thing). You'll have to have a mod remove the poll for you.

And 'once you get to work'? You must have the best job ever.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2012, 05:20:59 pm »

Heh, I feared that for the poll, thanks for the info. Though by 'work' I meant getting the expansion to work properly.  It didn't recognize the Steam version until re-installation.

Initial impressions are favorable - I haven't spent much time with it (there's an LP to play) but there are more ways to interact with nations, the whole rebellion-revolution thing is different and the UI is much improved.  €19.99 seems overpriced though, when it's $19.99 in the US, and a bit steep for the added content - sooner or later a Steam sale will come along with a far better bargain.  IN EU terms it seems like Napoleon's Ambition.

Since the poll's busted it is my honorable esteem to announce Barbarossa de la Valetta il Sigillo di Dio as our new Pope and Holy Father!  Entrusted by the Cardinals to bring renewed strength to the church, Barbarossa is expected, like most elected Popes, to be a stark contrast to his predecessor.

Barbarossa!  Acceptasne electionem de te canonice factam in Summum Pontificem?

If you accept the Papal election, then you must choose a Papal name.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2012, 05:47:45 pm »

Cardinal Hunt stares in disbelief at Cicero's apparent loss.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2012, 06:02:48 pm »

Heh, I feared that for the poll, thanks for the info. Though by 'work' I meant getting the expansion to work properly.  It didn't recognize the Steam version until re-installation.

Initial impressions are favorable - I haven't spent much time with it (there's an LP to play) but there are more ways to interact with nations, the whole rebellion-revolution thing is different and the UI is much improved.  €19.99 seems overpriced though, when it's $19.99 in the US, and a bit steep for the added content - sooner or later a Steam sale will come along with a far better bargain.  IN EU terms it seems like Napoleon's Ambition.

Whoa, I totally missed the word 'it'. That'll teach me to read when I'm tired. Victoria 2's one of my favorites, so I ended up grabbing the expansion too. I like the new map overlays, and the fact that I was able to load my pre-expansion game without issue.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2012, 07:11:30 pm »

"Burn it all, get the mob going, seize the city. We have a counter-revolution to throw" Senator Zrk2 told his propaganda officer.

And with that the Electoral Revolt of (What's the year?) began, demonstrating that church and state certainly were not separate in the new Roman Republic. One sentence, truly the pen must be more powerful than the sword, for the pen can guide the sword, but the sword cannot truly guide the pen.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2012, 07:58:49 pm »

As the announcement that Barbarossa won is made, Cicero quietly exits the room amid the confusion. The guards at the door salute him as he passes out of the Apostolic Palace, and he passes them without a word or a glance.

He walks to the gates of the Vatican, passing the lines of guards, deployed to defend against the rioters. He is stopped by the Sergeant on duty.

"Your Eminence!" he shouts over the din. "You can't go out there, it's too dangerous! The rioters have almost cracked the gates and the city is burning like it's the time of Nero!"
Cicero casts him a cold look and says, "They are chanting for me correct? The Sergeant hesitantly confirms this. "Than where have you found the foolish idea that they would harm me?" He marches past the Sergeant who is too dumbfounded to stop him.

Outside the gates, the rioters cheer from behind their barricades facing the palace as they see him exit the gates. Cicero mounts a podium made of a discarded crate and begins once again to speak before a crowd of rioters. "My friends I have left them to be with you! Call me Cardinal no longer, the title is more unbearable to me than any insult known by Man!" A roaring cheer is echoed by this, reverberated in every soul gathered there.

"The corrupt souls within those walls have finished their so-called election and do you know who they have chosen? In their wickedness they have elected a heathen Pope! The man, if he can so be called, Barbarossa has been declared "Holy Father!" The last two words come out of his mouth as if they were vile snakes rather than words, hissing with contempt.

"And so as that institution known as the Catholic Church is now departed from God, I shall now depart from it! God's plan now lies in the Republic, in it's People! And we will tolerate their corrupt, devilish influence no more! We shall tear it down brick by brick and send all who dare to defend it to hell!" The crowd cheers and begins to swarm towards the palace, murder in their eyes and justice in their souls.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2012, 10:06:14 pm »

Cardinal Euchre watches as Cicero leaves, then addresses the new Pope.

Most Holy Father, I suggest you call for Oberst Sheb.

The Cardinal then calmly sits down and watches events unfold.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2012, 10:49:45 pm »

Cardinal Hunt paces nervously, driven to paranoia by the unidentified noises outside.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2012, 01:01:24 am »

Senator Zrk2 retires from the balcony where he saw Cicero's speech. His face is locked in a look of contemplation. His aides and agents sidle nervously, Zrk2 is not a man easily thwarted, and easy to rile. "I want their heads."

"W-W-Who?" stammers out one of the aides.

"All of them."

"That's lunacy!" cried a slightly bolder aide.

"We'll start with the doubters then. Do you doubt me?"

The man stood for a second or two, but quickly retreated from sight.

"Now where was I? Ah, yes, Holy heads. Get our thugs out there, I want torches, pitchforks, battering rams of some description, town criers, propaganda pamphlets, the works. Fire the Vatican and storm the walls. Strike up some comparison the the Bastille if you can."

"Yessir," affirm the aides as they turn to leave.

"Oh, and when you have him bring the Pope to me, secretly of course."
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12