Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1327038 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6990 on: March 20, 2016, 02:06:30 pm »

Can you draw a fire wearing a crown?

Did you draw that one or is that a picture from adventure time? If you did it, it's really good!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #6991 on: March 20, 2016, 02:08:51 pm »

Did you draw that one or is that a picture from adventure time?

Snapshot from AT episode. I didn't draw it myself, no.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6992 on: March 20, 2016, 07:53:33 pm »

Decided to do a little graphic design/art during my downtime.

Semi-completed work (good to go as it stands, but can use more work (color and such)).

Looks like it would work well as a game-based/gaming motivational poster, fit for a T-shirt or something.

EDIT:
It can also double as a joke on someone who doesn't/can't play games versus the one(s) who do/can. As if Player 2 is crying out "How do you play?".
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 08:25:10 pm by Itnetlolor »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6993 on: March 20, 2016, 08:53:17 pm »

Terribly. :P

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6994 on: March 21, 2016, 02:28:06 am »

Made some stuff in Unity, finally got back to it after a month and a half xD
Gonna stick with it though, been feeling a lot better lately, having gotten medication :D

Hopefully I can get some momentum mechanics going tomorrow!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6995 on: March 21, 2016, 08:56:58 am »

Oh man, i really should check out Unity at some point. Actually, i probably will. :v
Right now it doesn't look like much, but IT'S A START. From there, you can make COOL THINGS.

also speaking of things i decided to try going Sprite Lamp on one of the mooks in Angry Laser Space

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

... Kind of? The cockpit looks terrible, though. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6996 on: March 21, 2016, 09:05:31 am »

It looks like it can't actually work out a smooth normal map around the cockpit, so the result is a jagged mess. You need to mess with the inputs to spritelamp a bit, maybe reduce differences in that area.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6997 on: March 21, 2016, 10:03:50 am »

I think the colour flickering is due to the limitations of a GIF, but yeah, the lighting's kind of a clusterfuck in that area. :v

Looks more flat, but at least it's not flickering. :P (also yes i intentionally left the flames unshaded)

edit: Also finally got going on colouring the JUNKWERM.

Don't know if anyone remembers it, but it's been lying around unfinished for a while. It annoyed me with its unfinishedness, so i've decided to FILL IT WITH ART. Suffice to say, this is one of my more ambitious projects. :v
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 12:45:25 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6998 on: March 21, 2016, 11:31:31 pm »

Draw a viking

Man. This reminded me how much I hate stupid sexyLARP battlecorsets. Also that dumb TV show where all the "vikings" just run around shirtless and dirty. Still, tried some new things anyway.

Unrelated note: anatomylol. *sigh.*

@Shook: I do remember that sketch and am glad you came back to it. I'm gonna be a dick and tell you the environment needs a few form lines, though. Just a few would go a long, long way.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6999 on: March 22, 2016, 08:13:55 am »

Hooray, someone actually remembered! Also yes, i totally agree, i'm in the process of doing what i think is exactly that (i also have some lines in an underlying sketch). Lazy i may be, but i'm not one for mixing flat colours with... Whatever shading style that is. :v
Also, nice vikingbro! Gotta give you props for not going with the conventional "horned viking with 2 foot long beard" type (not that i mind it), vikings probably did look a lot more like this. A few nitpicks: Shoulders are TOO square, even for a big dude, and his fingers are too short; the knuckles should be pretty much dead center on the given finger bones (i probably don't need to tell you that fingers aren't equally long, but o well lol). Also, the shield somehow looks like it's just oval instead of facing slightly away from the viewer, and i'm sadly not quite aware of how to fix that. :<
Gotta say though, the shoulder plate thing is pretty damn cool!

also second preview of junkwerm

Not sure if i like the colour of the shadow, but fortunately i've put it on a separate layer if i decide to nuke it. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7000 on: March 22, 2016, 08:35:33 am »

Woah, Junkwerm is coming along nicely there Shook!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7001 on: March 22, 2016, 08:58:06 am »

Woah, Junkwerm is coming along nicely there Shook!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: March 22, 2016, 10:01:19 am »

-Viking stuff-

All correct criticism, and yet all I can see is the shit perspective I did on the right arm. The shield fix would be to give it actual 3D form, and an edge along this side to show it's not just a big wafer-thin cardboard cutout of a shield. More depth on the centerpiece would have helped, too. And a few months more anatomy studies on my part. And it still feels like I'm fighting the tablet to do what I want, but that's just going to take time and a lot more lame paintings.

-worm stuff-

I really dig the texturing on the body, there. Wish I had that much fine control with a stylus.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7003 on: March 22, 2016, 12:49:47 pm »

Hooray, i am apparently doing well, thanks guys! Also re: control with stylus, my hands are actually unsteady as hell, i just zoom in for the finer stuff and wiggle the pen back and forth while pretending that i know what i'm doing. :v (having a decently large tablet definitely also helps)

also YET ANOTHER (PRE)VIEW

Honestly not sure how much more i'm going to do on this thing, but it's probably already my best arting to date, so eh. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7004 on: March 22, 2016, 01:09:23 pm »

Mmmm, that one is greatly eye pleasing, my only nitpick would be that if the little bit poking from the ground is the supposed tail, it's kinda too close to the rest of it. As in, if you try and trace the body trough the ground then it would seem to be making a rather sharp and not very comfortable bend at a certain point to be able to stick out of the ground like that. And after looking at it a bit better the same seems to be true for the front part of the body too. So maybe just move these bits apart a bit?

Other than that, awesome work so far :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 846