Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1325999 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6165 on: December 17, 2015, 10:06:15 pm »

LAWSUITLAWSUITLAWSUITLAWSUITLAWSUIT
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: December 18, 2015, 02:14:59 am »

Thanks to the magic of copyright infringement, I have a new original character!

Spoiler: Snakesward (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
what is it about "oc donut steel"* that is so hard to understand

*not that that was ever said
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6167 on: December 18, 2015, 04:25:39 pm »

i see your snakesward and raise you one snordswoke

the legendary snord sword that is actually a sassy snoke swake snake
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: December 18, 2015, 06:10:32 pm »

now draw solid snake as a sword snake snord :v

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: December 18, 2015, 07:12:35 pm »

i see your snakesward and raise you one snordswoke
Well then! I'll just have to make a swakesnard.

... Is what I would say if I was going to make such a thing. Instead, I decided to make a quick CGI snake, but then the textures got obliterated due to me not knowing how to read an error message and now I don't want to do stuff.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #6170 on: December 18, 2015, 07:46:43 pm »

Oh my, its snakes all the way down.

...Suddenly I want to create a snakey mouse cursor set.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6171 on: December 18, 2015, 08:25:45 pm »

After more than a month, finished Skein:
Found out I could use a smudge stick for ballpoint if I worked with semiglossy paper, so lines can be finer and there can be more detail at lighter contrasts without the texture of the paper in the way so much. The down side is that I have to worry about smudging it with my hand, now, which is how purple turned to pink in some parts.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6172 on: December 18, 2015, 09:39:12 pm »

The Sorting Hat would scream SLYTHERIN so fast and loud, if any of you guys went to Hogwarts, that it would be suspicious.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6173 on: December 18, 2015, 09:48:10 pm »

Well, if you can't get any blank paper, sure. My only beef with graph paper is that it can interfere with the drawing itself. :v

@Kot: nah i'm not nearly edgy enough for slytherin because notice how i'm not violently emphasizing fangs and stereotypical badass eyes on my sneks

for me it'd go like "go back to muggleville and try harder you dipshit"

After more than a month, finished Skein:
Found out I could use a smudge stick for ballpoint if I worked with semiglossy paper, so lines can be finer and there can be more detail at lighter contrasts without the texture of the paper in the way so much. The down side is that I have to worry about smudging it with my hand, now, which is how purple turned to pink in some parts.
I have no idea what a Skein is, but that is fucking fantastic. It kind of reminds me of the old Doom 2 intermission screen, except done in a material that looks like either mother of pearl or glossy flesh. :v

Well then! I'll just have to make a swakesnard.

... Is what I would say if I was going to make such a thing. Instead, I decided to make a quick CGI snake, but then the textures got obliterated due to me not knowing how to read an error message and now I don't want to do stuff.

Well hey, the head's quite good, although the body looks like a Play-Doh sausage. :P (also if it helps with the helmet placement, the back of the neck thing can flip up like so to properly accomodate his vertebrae)

now draw solid snake as a sword snake snord :v
you have no idea what you may have wrought upon the world once i awaken from my slumber for this night

In the mean time, here have a slightly older sketch of swordsnaek putting on his game face in a convenient portrait box.

fucking hell this is a long post
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: December 18, 2015, 10:42:43 pm »

I don't have any blank paper, so should I use graph paper? I'm pretty crappy at all things drawing related, and most of the stuff I've done is basically copied off something. Not traced, but just drawn while looking at it. I'm absolute shit without a reference...

Everyone who doesn't suck uses references. The ones who don't, used references until they knew them so well they don't have to anymore. The moral of the story is: use references.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6175 on: December 18, 2015, 11:20:40 pm »

I have no idea what a Skein is, but that is fucking fantastic. It kind of reminds me of the old Doom 2 intermission screen, except done in a material that looks like either mother of pearl or glossy flesh. :v
Thanks :D high complements, I loved Doom growing up. I learned a hell of a lot making it, the smudging makes highlights so, so much easier to achieve without crosshatching, it's getting closer to the feel of painting/sculpting now. After this I'm going back to my aborted attempts at figure drawing, it was just too much fun to find another technique I could use after months of kind of stale refinement.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: December 18, 2015, 11:25:48 pm »

Swordsnaek for mouse 2016.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6177 on: December 19, 2015, 11:58:36 am »

now look at what you made me do

Thanks :D high complements, I loved Doom growing up. I learned a hell of a lot making it, the smudging makes highlights so, so much easier to achieve without crosshatching, it's getting closer to the feel of painting/sculpting now. After this I'm going back to my aborted attempts at figure drawing, it was just too much fun to find another technique I could use after months of kind of stale refinement.
Only happy to give praise where due! I'm looking forward to seeing what other creations you might create(??!!!??!) with this fancy technique. I can't say it ever struck me as possible to smudge ballpoint, but oh me oh my does it look fancy. c:

also since this page is already extremely snakey i bring to you this thing that miauw inadvertently wrought upon the world

Spoiler: METL GEER (click to show/hide)

i had to omit the lush mane because swords don't have hair
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: December 19, 2015, 01:24:39 pm »

has science gone too far????

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: December 19, 2015, 02:17:56 pm »

has science gone too far????
The Les Serpentes Epées project was started in 2015. It cloned Solid Swordsnaek and Liquid Swordsnaek from the world's greatest swordsnaek, Big Broad(sword). Solid Swordsnaek got all the dominant Shooks, while Liquid Swordsnaek got all the recessive Shooks.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 06:48:14 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 846