Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1325558 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6060 on: December 01, 2015, 08:37:40 pm »

I'm probably a bit rusty at pixel art, haven't done any in 2 months I think. But I'm getting back into it, and wanted to know if I missed anything in this pic, is there banding? bad dithering? or whatever else in it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's basically concept art for a game I'm making, a human exposed to so much radiation, it turned him into a dwarf.

EDIT: I just NOW realized that I somehow missed his ears, how did I manage that? Maybe they fell off due to the radiation? :/
Well now, you've certainly improved very quickly. I could buy that ears would fall off due to radiation. :v
The light source isn't very well defined, though; on the shoulders, it comes from a bit below, while his uh... Tumorbeard suggests that it's coming from above. My guess is that the light is damn near directly into the poor sods face, and generally you handled it well, but there are these few places that make the direction of light ambiguous. Nice job otherwise, though!

also super quick experiment with a new eye style

It dawned upon me that i've been drawing circular/oval eyes for a LONG time, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to add at least one more shape to my repetoire. I actually kind of like this one, it feels more disney-esque to me, and it shall be no secret that i absolutely ADORE Disney cartoons. They're probably also why i draw so many human expressions on animals. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: December 01, 2015, 08:48:56 pm »

Someone's been petting that dog backwards, I see.
I'm amused by the fur blocking part of the larger eyebrow.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: December 02, 2015, 02:44:45 am »

I'm probably a bit rusty at pixel art, haven't done any in 2 months I think. But I'm getting back into it, and wanted to know if I missed anything in this pic, is there banding? bad dithering? or whatever else in it?

It's basically concept art for a game I'm making, a human exposed to so much radiation, it turned him into a dwarf.

EDIT: I just NOW realized that I somehow missed his ears, how did I manage that? Maybe they fell off due to the radiation? :/
Well now, you've certainly improved very quickly. I could buy that ears would fall off due to radiation. :v
The light source isn't very well defined, though; on the shoulders, it comes from a bit below, while his uh... Tumorbeard suggests that it's coming from above. My guess is that the light is damn near directly into the poor sods face, and generally you handled it well, but there are these few places that make the direction of light ambiguous. Nice job otherwise, though!

It dawned upon me that i've been drawing circular/oval eyes for a LONG time, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to add at least one more shape to my repetoire. I actually kind of like this one, it feels more disney-esque to me, and it shall be no secret that i absolutely ADORE Disney cartoons. They're probably also why i draw so many human expressions on animals. :v

Thanks for the heads up on the lighting, I will try to correct that in the future. Can't stop playing Pillars of Eternity, though... And with the new DF update out, might take me a little longer on the next one xD

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: December 02, 2015, 03:32:32 am »

-snipped for subpar justice-

Ooh, like those eyes. Really cute! I really enjoy the big eyebrows you draw, too, hehe.

Also, I've been wanting to post something here for a bit, but I've been basically only doing furry art recently, so fuck it. I drew a friend's character a few days ago and it came out pretty well!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6064 on: December 02, 2015, 09:32:29 pm »

Oh shiet, that's pretty damn good! Only thing that's bothering me is that it seems like he's leaning backwards, and it's not really clear if the tail is supporting him on this endeavour. If not, it could end up being COMICAL. :v

Ooh, like those eyes. Really cute! I really enjoy the big eyebrows you draw, too, hehe.
I AM GLAD, THANK YE. I'm not exactly sure WHY i started drawing huge eyebrows (Dungeons of Dredmor is a possible suspect, but it might have started before then), but i sure as hell ain't stopping. :P

also i've played some Fallout 4 and my tendons haven't snapped so here's a celebratory stickdoodle

this pretty much sums up my approach to all raider fights if it isn't extremely impractical
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6065 on: December 03, 2015, 03:30:35 pm »

Got back into Warframe recently, thought I'd do some fanart.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: December 03, 2015, 05:07:51 pm »

This took so much longer than it should have.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6067 on: December 04, 2015, 08:24:57 am »

Mmm, delicious high frame rate, no wonder it took a long time. :v
I'm not quite sure if it's a running cycle or a sweet-ass shuffling dance move, though. The feet aren't really pushing back against the ground, which is kind of a prerequisite for gottagofast. Still a rather mesmerizing loop, though. :o

Got back into Warframe recently, thought I'd do some fanart.
[boobfram intensifies]

Berry gut though, i can't see which frame it is due to not having played for a gorillion years, but I LIKE IT.

also i have made another dumb Fallout 4 related thing

i am already tired of drawing that face now
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: December 04, 2015, 08:46:03 am »

[werfing intensifies]

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6069 on: December 04, 2015, 10:14:46 am »

Werfer-Granate.
It werfs granates.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: December 04, 2015, 03:44:41 pm »

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: December 04, 2015, 06:36:01 pm »

I need feedback on drawings 'n stuff, which is, I admit, a very vague request. More specifically, I'd like to try taking commissions someday, and I can't accurately assess whether I'm actually good enough yet, but  'good enough' doesn't really mean anything because it's all relative and different people expect different things and it's hard to compare styles and a whole host of other issues. I guess I have a hard time viewing things I create as being actually worth money, too, which kinda inhibits my ability to look at something I drew and say 'yes, that is worth so many moneys'.

Any feedback on whether or not it'd be a bad idea to start putting myself out there and offering to take commissions would be very much appreciated, whichever direction the feedback goes.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6072 on: December 04, 2015, 07:10:04 pm »

Short answer: yep

Long answer: I've seen people less practiced than yourself doing commissions, so yeah. Hell, i've taken commissions over a year ago, and back then i was even worse than i am now. :v
Basically, don't worry too much about "too early", because the worst case scenario would be that you don't get any customers, and in that case, nothing really changes. If you DO get customers, then it clearly wasn't too early and all is well.

The real tricky part, however, is figuring out prices, which i have legitimately seen spanning from $5 to $100 (sometimes even more). I'd recommend starting in the lower half of the spectrum, but no need to offer a huge 12 hour painting for a dime, since that'd be underpaying yourself massively. I know it's damn near impossible to objectively evaluate the value of ones own artings, so what i do is go by an estimate of how long it takes to make it. That way, it's less "this art is worth 12.86gp" and more "that is 1.5 hours at 10gp/hour" which is much easier to handle objectively. And by that, i mean it goes from "nearly impossible" to "hard". :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: December 04, 2015, 07:14:53 pm »

You could always do auctions.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: December 04, 2015, 07:48:51 pm »

From my understanding: Charge whatever hourly rate (average estimate, with a clear "It costs $X to commission this") it takes to not burn yourself out drawing for rude customers with bad character designs. Never draw commissions for below minimum wage except for as temporary emergency funding.

Your art quality is plenty good for commissions, the real question is whether or not you draw fast enough for a decent hourly rate to sell. If not, you may want to either hold off until it is, or charge less and pick-and-choose only commissions that you'd want to draw anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 846