Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1325760 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6030 on: November 25, 2015, 09:47:24 pm »

Chocobo turkey dressed as a pilgrim.

I'd planned to draw it less minimalistic, but I couldn't get a pose I liked, and it doesn't look chocobo-y enough besides.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6031 on: November 26, 2015, 01:39:09 pm »

Speedpaint samurai...robot thing. Had to do something instead of sitting around sipping coffee while it was snowing like crazy.

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: November 27, 2015, 12:32:26 pm »

Id just drop a little pixel art here.I cant figure out how to make my pixels better.Ive got aseprite , too.
Help pls.

Some bad city scene.

Astronaut standing on a rock , staring at an immobile alien behemoth.

I tried 3D , and it went horrible.

Random sprites.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 12:34:43 pm by KillerHP »
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: November 27, 2015, 12:57:47 pm »

Couple of things I can think of.

Composition is a huge one. With the city, you probably want more buildings, and they should overlap so you can only see part of one at any given time. You also need to pick a lighting direction, and I think you'd do well to incorporate perspective. As it stands, it looks like the viewer is looking at every object in profile, but this is impossible without some very crafty lens shenanigans. We've gotta have corners in places, and they should show that objects have depth (for example, in that 3D car thing, parallel lines on the vehicle shouldn't appear parallel to the viewer).

The astronaut should be scaled up. I get that it's some kind of landscape, but I can't see much more. I don't know if you need any more detail, but you should at least double its dimensions (so that each current pixel is a 2x2 block of identical pixels).

More generally, it looks to me like you're building a scene in your head and then you're trying to put that concept into art directly. This is a really common problem! You need to draw what a person viewing that scene would see, not a symbolic representation of it. That's why things like perspective, lighting, and texture are important.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: November 27, 2015, 01:05:38 pm »

So uhhhh, I've played too much of Total Annihilation: Kingdoms campaigns lately and then I looked at middle ages' art andddd

Spoiler: dunno but I made it (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: November 27, 2015, 02:18:00 pm »

I see what you did there.
You grabbed your good ol' trusty MSPaint , told him to give you a pencil , a brush ,a bucket and big ass palet and you started to work.

Resized.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: November 27, 2015, 03:56:05 pm »

You grabbed your good ol' trusty MSPaint

Is the only thing that works on my ancient compy v;
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6037 on: November 27, 2015, 04:40:07 pm »

@KillerHP: The landscape is pretty cool, but i'd really like it if the resolution was high enough for me to make out uh... Anything, to be brutally honest. Making good low-resolution sprites is actually quite hard, so sticking to slightly bigger ones is a good idea to begin with, even if it takes longer time. Your 3D sprites are at a good size; small enough to not take a thousand years to make, but big enough that you can see what's going on, and more importantly, big enough that you can't rely entirely on peoples minds filling in the blanks. ;) (you could probably get away with a bit smaller than that, though)
Also, if it's a star up in the corner, then it should probably be round, just saiyan'. I'd offer more advice, but alas, my hands are still hurting. :<

Speedpaint samurai...robot thing. Had to do something instead of sitting around sipping coffee while it was snowing like crazy.
Niiiiiiiiiice. How people make speedpaints look so good is beyond me. :v

also things

somehow swordsnaek has managed to become one of my own favourite internal characters
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6038 on: November 27, 2015, 04:45:37 pm »

somehow swordsnaek has managed to become one of my own favourite internal characters
Turn this into a webcomic. I dare you.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: November 27, 2015, 04:46:29 pm »

Uhhh, left side of HELIPROPTER says 'vaguely 3D'. Tail side says 'flat 2D'. My brain is gettin' confuzzled a bit ;v
SigFlags!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: November 27, 2015, 07:13:18 pm »

I would love to see more of action snek.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6041 on: November 27, 2015, 07:19:50 pm »

Oh don't worry, this isn't the last you'll see of SIR SWORDSNAKE SERPENTIUS THE FIRST, ROYAL SNAKE KNIGHT. At all. You'll probably get tired of him before i do. ;o

Uhhh, left side of HELIPROPTER says 'vaguely 3D'. Tail side says 'flat 2D'. My brain is gettin' confuzzled a bit ;v
Hence the "derp", but i can't be arsed to fix it right now. :v
Honestly, given how much i just bungled my way through this, i'd be very surprised if that was the only thing wrong with it. I mean fuck, i didn't even consider perspective at all! :P

Turn this into a webcomic. I dare you.
Alas, if only my brain was productive enough to do something like that. Swordsnaek himself isn't actually that interesting a personality, but i'm sure he could somehow find himself on a quest to slay the PRIME EVILDOER, hee hee.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: November 27, 2015, 08:02:25 pm »

He could adventure with his good friends, Scimitar Salamander and Crossbow Crocodile(or alternatively, Axe Alligator)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: November 27, 2015, 10:26:13 pm »

Well, i had a burst of inspiration and drew this:

Or if you change the resoloution, This:

It looks nice, but it feels a little... off
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: November 28, 2015, 11:59:18 am »

Speaking of computers.Anyway , i dont know why there aint any color wheels in the aseprite old (and free) versions... :c

"Sir , we got another BSOD on that old terminal...."
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 846