Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1326327 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #5895 on: November 01, 2015, 10:04:49 am »

I fucked up the perspective but whatever. Need to lvl up my painting skills -_- aaand yes my camera is still a potato.

Those vambraces .-. I truly wonder how to get that kind of lighting even near correct, ever.

I love this art and I love this thread which has all these artists. Y'all inspire me muchly. :)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: November 01, 2015, 11:00:07 am »

Undyne?

Also, that looks really cool.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: November 01, 2015, 11:14:23 am »

I tried.I failed.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 11:16:35 am by KillerHP »
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: November 01, 2015, 01:38:24 pm »

I fucked up the perspective but whatever. Need to lvl up my painting skills -_- aaand yes my camera is still a potato.

You. You have taste and skill, in equal (and significant) measure.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: November 01, 2015, 04:44:54 pm »

Inspired by this video, I tried painting material spheres:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: November 02, 2015, 05:37:54 pm »

Those are a pretty good start GI, but there's one big flaw that I see in them right now. You seem to have copied the textures and the reflections without taking into consideration the surroundings. Which is the number one thing you consider when painting anything reflective. As it stands, you learned to paint wood in that particular situation but that is very limited and rare. What I reccommend you try is think about the material itself, how it acts in different lighting conditions and what reflections that would give. That way you can have the underlaying mechanics of reflective materials like polished wood in your grasp enabling you to place them in whatever lighting scenario you want and paint them realistically (this might come in handy in figuring out how you would do that)

Anyways, have some inktobers:

There's more but I don't really consider those worth posting so eh.
Also quick sketch from tonight:
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: November 02, 2015, 05:43:19 pm »

I like that four-armed one with rings. He'd make a great final boss in a JRPG.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: November 02, 2015, 06:02:36 pm »

That last picture looks like the firefly thing from Homestuck for some reason...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: November 02, 2015, 11:20:14 pm »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: November 03, 2015, 12:18:18 am »

I love it, it's great, it should be the right eye that's winking.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5905 on: November 03, 2015, 08:07:57 am »

Good lord, you are a fantastic being. I now slightly wish we had bought a pumpkin to carve. :v

Oh yeah also Jopax those are baller as hell, i still have no idea how one could do that with ink. :P
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:10:39 am by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5906 on: November 03, 2015, 12:23:22 pm »

Anyways, have some inktobers:
Wat's dat. Looks kinda like early Bf109 (nose) breed with Thunderbolt (canopy), Fw190 (wings) and B-17 (tail).
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: November 03, 2015, 01:54:27 pm »

Well Shook you need some brushes, a bottle of ink, a palette to dilute it if needed, and a bunch of time and patience. Since I had that last saturday I just inked away for most of the afternoon, it was very fun and relaxing for the most part :D

Also Kot, it's a nondescript warbird of the Elfenreich (basically, WW1/2 germany, but what if they were actually elves), and most of what you named did serve as general inspiration for it :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5908 on: November 03, 2015, 03:32:22 pm »

Also Kot, it's a nondescript warbird of the Elfenreich (basically, WW1/2 germany, but what if they were actually elves), and most of what you named did serve as general inspiration for it :D
Wot. There is actually fantasy version of WW2? I've thought about it so hard once that I've came up with like 50 A4 pages of ideas. Unsuprisingly, Elves were Germans.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: November 03, 2015, 03:39:14 pm »

A fantasy setting I'm working on is based around the concept that Mankind went Nazi against other fantasy races, wiping some almost entirely and enslaving others. With machineguns and generally WWI-level tech. And magic.

Ran a roleplaying campaign in this setting, people seem to love that. Although it was an exploratory campaign where they don't actually interact with the states of various magical nations that much, but they found the whole idea likable.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 846