Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1327088 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #5685 on: October 04, 2015, 10:57:27 am »

Jeegus that hunchbro is reaching critical line mass soon. Hunchback knight is an interesting concept though, since knights are usually depicted as being larger than life and also in perfect physical shape and health. And then along comes SIR DUNCALOT.

is he an ork?

anyways here more inktober

Spoiler: doot doot (click to show/hide)

as you can see my ink lines are still terrible
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: October 04, 2015, 11:04:29 am »

The tail looks slightly off to me, as if it isn't coming from behind but from its side.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5687 on: October 04, 2015, 11:05:34 am »

Don't worry Shook, we can be bad at ink together:

Spoiler: Kęt (click to show/hide)

(That one actually turned out far better than I expected, having never drawn a cat face before in my life)

Spoiler: I don't even know (click to show/hide)

Just... don't think about it too hard and it might not look too wrong.

These are both sideways because Tumblr hates me. :v

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: October 04, 2015, 11:35:44 am »

Started some sci-fi pixel art on a desert planet:
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: October 04, 2015, 01:35:34 pm »

Remeber guys, most important thing with inking is planning and patience. A steady and accurate hand comes with practice, but if you suck at planning stuff out ahead and sketching it out properly like I do you can ruin some really neat ideas. That kinda happened here because I messed up the anatomy then tried to fix it which didn't go over too well. Still, diluting ink with water is a super fun way to get some neat results.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5690 on: October 04, 2015, 01:42:12 pm »

Oh jeegus that's awesome, hella awesome indeed! I'm actually not too worried about the whole inking deal, it's a nice exercise in letting go of the annoying perfectionist tendencies that i have and letting myself mess up a bit. Unfortunately, i'm sorely lacking in the patience department, which shows in pretty much every drawing of mine. :v

Also KillerHP, that seems neat so far! I'm noticing that the background blue and the grey have very similar lightness values, which kind of hurts the readability. Are you planning to shade the whole thing? Also, secondary note: The very sharp angles on the landing pad/tower makes my brain think that the ship above it should be more angular as well (either that, or the tower should be more smooth), but that might just be me. Apply grains of salt where necessary.

Don't worry Shook, we can be bad at ink together:

Spoiler: Kęt (click to show/hide)

(That one actually turned out far better than I expected, having never drawn a cat face before in my life)

Spoiler: I don't even know (click to show/hide)

Just... don't think about it too hard and it might not look too wrong.

These are both sideways because Tumblr hates me. :v
how do people even make such nice lines with a pen mine just go all over the damn place when i try arblgf

Also that cat is terrifying. :P (also long nose on dude hue)

The tail looks slightly off to me, as if it isn't coming from behind but from its side.
HMHM, noted, thanks. I suspect that it's just a byproduct of me being lazy, as usual, since i pretty much just tacked the tail on to the outline in an okay-ish spot. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: October 04, 2015, 01:55:24 pm »

Jeegus that hunchbro is reaching critical line mass soon. Hunchback knight is an interesting concept though, since knights are usually depicted as being larger than life and also in perfect physical shape and health. And then along comes SIR DUNCALOT.

is he an ork?

anyways here more inktober

Spoiler: doot doot (click to show/hide)

as you can see my ink lines are still terrible
doot doot

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: October 04, 2015, 02:43:46 pm »

There's no rule against sketching with pencil first from what I understand, right?

I've been doing most of my practice in pen, but after a month I still need a lot more practice. My lines are shambling slowly into shape, though. Slowly.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5693 on: October 04, 2015, 02:57:46 pm »

Nope!

@Shook Practice (you didn't know that and couldn't guess it I'm sure)! Lines are also basically my only artistic talent.

@Jopax I like that one. Planning is the part that catches me the most...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: October 04, 2015, 03:48:06 pm »

Time for some Schadenfreude!

Trying a few new things to test my toddler-level fundamentals.

I cheated a little, but could have done that without a straight edge (the small left panel was sketched freehand and semi-corrected). The circle would have ruined me, though.

It, uhm... it was my first try? I regret nothing!
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5695 on: October 04, 2015, 07:35:07 pm »

THERE IS NOTHING TO REGRET. Only a chest like that could possibly contain the full power of BLOCKHEAD THE BARRELCHEST. Also those ink stipplings look hella cool, did you make that effect by making a thousand pen dots?

also todays InkTober

I have no idea how a guitar makes a sound like that. Also i decided to take plaguebro here and pull out the 9B PENCIL.

Spoiler: 9BEEEEEEEEEEE (click to show/hide)

Didn't bother doing anything about the outline (beyond adjusting line weight), this was just a "ham up the shadows" deal. Not going to ruin it by inking it, though. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: October 04, 2015, 08:10:29 pm »

Also those ink stipplings look hella cool, did you make that effect by making a thousand pen dots?

Correct. I got some cheapie 0.5 mm felt-tip sharpies to see if I could swing it. mumbling "doot doot doot doot" while you doot the doots is optional.

Also, I'm jealous of your scanner(and linework), mine takes a big bleach-laden dump on my graphite stuff for some reason.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: October 04, 2015, 08:40:18 pm »

It's been a while since I last posted anything having to do with pixel art, so here we go, have some more pixels :D

Hype mode engaged:

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: October 05, 2015, 11:49:41 am »

I feel like his upper body should move a bit more instead of just going up and down. Looks pretty cool, though.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: October 05, 2015, 11:56:01 am »

The point at which his legs are bending could also be a little further down. It looks more like his thighs are getting shorter/longer than his knees bending
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 846