Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1325782 times)

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #5355 on: August 08, 2015, 09:34:59 am »

snippity snip snop snoopity

I know display tablets exist, but I remember them being fairly expensive. I don't know that much about tablets.

ALSO can anyone recommend a 50-200$ scanner that performs well when scanning charcoals/pencil/colored pencil and pastels?

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/scanners/product-detail.html?oid=5251707#!tab=specs

We use one of these at the office for scanning in technical drawings. It does what's asked of it. $80.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: August 08, 2015, 10:04:42 am »

Great, thanks for the advice on the scanner.
Nom nom nom

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: August 08, 2015, 11:24:33 am »

things

I'm currently using an intuos, and I can say that not having a screen on it doesn't really change much. Maybe having a bit of experience drawing with a mouse might help, but the transition isn't as hard as you might think it is (or at least it was like that for me). You might want to wait for more opinions before you make a choice though, I wouldn't want to make you buy a paperweight as you said.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: August 08, 2015, 01:49:09 pm »

*tablet questions*

I used to use an old Wacom Bamboo tablet (basically a super-cheap mini-tablet), but now I use a small Cintiq (the kind of tablet with a screen on it). Personally, I find the screen a lot easier to draw on, but given that I switched tablets as I started to get better at drawing, that might just be an inadvertent side-effect.

For under $200, an Intuos seems to be your best bet. Wacom makes good tablets and it fits your price range. For comparison, the smallest Cintiq they have is $800.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5359 on: August 08, 2015, 09:01:29 pm »

Man i want a Cintiq so much, but alas, i am only a poor student and can't spare the money to buy one. With that said, i'm currently on the Bamboo train (which set me back by what, 50 bucks or something?), and it works quite nicely. It did take a while to get used to (a few weeks before getting somewhat comfortable), but its small size is actually quite handy when you have a messy desk like i do, and can be worked around by zooming in for fine details. :v
Do note though, Bamboo is an outdated model by now, and as Araph says, Intuos is probably your best bet.

also here's a hand

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hands are still evil
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: August 08, 2015, 09:23:46 pm »

Okay, thanks for all the replies guys.  Guess I shall get an Intuos next time I make it to the city, honestly can't wait very excited.
Nom nom nom

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5361 on: August 09, 2015, 01:30:28 am »

Man i want a Cintiq so much, but alas, i am only a poor student and can't spare the money to buy one. With that said, i'm currently on the Bamboo train (which set me back by what, 50 bucks or something?), and it works quite nicely. It did take a while to get used to (a few weeks before getting somewhat comfortable), but its small size is actually quite handy when you have a messy desk like i do, and can be worked around by zooming in for fine details. :v
Do note though, Bamboo is an outdated model by now, and as Araph says, Intuos is probably your best bet.

also here's a hand

hands are still evil
I'm getting my Intuos tomorrow (recommended to me a longtime arteest friend o' mine) if you want a little review.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: August 09, 2015, 04:13:14 am »

I've had an Intuos for almost a year, and I'd recommend it. Be prepared to practice; it's gonna take some time to get used to. Also, if you can, try not to get the really small one. I have a tiny one, and I have to zoom in in Photoshop to draw properly. Otherwise, a circle you draw on the tablet will look like an oval in your art program.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5363 on: August 09, 2015, 07:07:18 am »

That might also have to do with an aspect ratio mismatch, because otherwise you really are drawing ovals. :v
But yeah, small tablets (and large monitors) will exaggerate your movements quite a bit. A Bamboo-sized tablet works for a medium-size laptop monitor, but using it for a 1080p monitor is crazy, for sure.

I'm getting my Intuos tomorrow (recommended to me a longtime arteest friend o' mine) if you want a little review.
That'd be cool, i've had an eye on Intuos for a while now. Various measurements tell me that Intuos is a bit more generous with the active area than the Bamboo. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: August 09, 2015, 09:10:06 am »

Medium-sized Intuos user here. Had it for, I don't know, a year or so, and it works like a charm (well, less so on Linux but that's an issue with the Linux drivers and not the tablet per se, it works seamlessly on Windows).

It took me a while to get used to it and I was still drawing with a mouse for a couple months after getting it, but it's worth it in the long run.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: August 09, 2015, 12:38:33 pm »

Why?

Because sky.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: August 09, 2015, 07:45:21 pm »

also here's a hand

hands are still evil
True dat.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: August 09, 2015, 07:51:56 pm »

More ISG stuff. Should probably sleep now.

One wheel short of a wagon

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: August 09, 2015, 08:54:27 pm »

More ISG stuff. Should probably sleep now.

That tree has a face.

The tree also totally left the dude offering a high five hanging.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: August 09, 2015, 11:20:17 pm »

Came up with a cool idea for a game I'm gonna try and conceptualize.

You play as a vigilante, cybernetically enhanced to have much greater reaction time than most other people, hell-bent on taking down X number of crime lords. I've been seriously inspired by SUPERHOT, and Transistor to try and make this game, you will have to interrogate these crime lord's henchmen, blow up their facilities, or any other way you can to take them down. But once you have infiltrated their base, you will only have 60 seconds (Haven't balanced anything yet, so it will probably change quite a bit.) to assassinate the crime lord, otherwise, he will escape, making you have to, once again, try and track him/her down.

I haven't really made anything past this, but let me know if you think it's a cool idea :D
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 846