Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1333062 times)

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #4650 on: April 21, 2015, 11:42:16 am »

I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 12:13:04 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #4652 on: April 21, 2015, 03:33:39 pm »

Fish swimming around in a tank.. sorta!
Mmm, that is oddly nice to look at. c:

also here have a cranky farmer dude

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DANGIT NOW WHO DID GONE WENT AND PUT THIS HERE X HERE
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: April 21, 2015, 11:50:22 pm »

I Photoshopped a little pointy hat and staff onto my avatar.

I feel very proud of it, even though it looks like crap.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4654 on: April 22, 2015, 09:17:36 am »

Fish swimming around in a tank ... version 4. Along with a bunch of behind-the-scenes changes, the fish now have an option panel where you can customize some aspects of the simulation, like various constants and options like "use soft boundary", which makes the fish gently turn towards the center of the tank if they swim out of the boundaries, instead of bouncing them off of an imaginary wall.

(The one I posted before was version 2.)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: April 22, 2015, 02:42:39 pm »

Fish swimming around in a tank ... version 4. Along with a bunch of behind-the-scenes changes, the fish now have an option panel where you can customize some aspects of the simulation, like various constants and options like "use soft boundary", which makes the fish gently turn towards the center of the tank if they swim out of the boundaries, instead of bouncing them off of an imaginary wall.

It's weirdly fun changing the separation and cohesion radii and seeing the fish change formation. I don't know why, but it is. Is it possible to change the minimum and maximum top speeds of the fish? I don't see it in the options, but it's entirely possible that I am just extremely dumb.

Also

Spoiler: MAGIC (click to show/hide)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: April 22, 2015, 02:52:37 pm »

It's weirdly fun changing the separation and cohesion radii and seeing the fish change formation. I don't know why, but it is. Is it possible to change the minimum and maximum top speeds of the fish? I don't see it in the options, but it's entirely possible that I am just extremely dumb.
Yeah, fiddle with the options some more, there's a couple that change the speed.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: April 22, 2015, 02:59:13 pm »

Yeah, fiddle with the options some more, there's a couple that change the speed.

I see maximum acceleration, which affects turn speed when the fish start schooling. Update frequency and logic tick length both change the speed of the simulation, but don't allow for control of the range of speeds fish can move at. I meant an option that would let the user clamp the speed fish can move at to be between two values.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: April 22, 2015, 03:59:52 pm »

I see maximum acceleration, which affects turn speed when the fish start schooling. Update frequency and logic tick length both change the speed of the simulation, but don't allow for control of the range of speeds fish can move at. I meant an option that would let the user clamp the speed fish can move at to be between two values.
Oh. I was referring to the tick length and update frequency. nevermind.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4659 on: April 22, 2015, 11:41:45 pm »

Araph: I will try to put that option in, along with the other few things on my to-do list like fish food and fish physics :D

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: April 23, 2015, 12:15:53 am »

Araph: I will try to put that option in, along with the other few things on my to-do list like fish food and fish physics :D
All those options hooked me for several minutes of experimentation...and watching squiggly arrows play around and follow each other. Woohoo :D

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: April 23, 2015, 08:44:04 am »

So remember that drunk sketch thing I did almost two months ago?

Well I finally decided to work on it some more:
Spoiler: biggish (click to show/hide)

The big robe needs changing still, and I have no idea what to do with the big guys' head right now, I want it to be impressive and majestic and whatnot but I keep drawing blanks as to how exactly do that.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: April 23, 2015, 11:07:15 am »

The big robe needs changing still, and I have no idea what to do with the big guys' head right now, I want it to be impressive and majestic and whatnot but I keep drawing blanks as to how exactly do that.

I'd put some kind of helmet on. Not your typical medieval one, but rather something that you'd expect an angel to wear.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4663 on: April 23, 2015, 12:11:48 pm »

Majestic? It seemed like you were going for spooky. He's all creepy and looming, his body appears damaged or decayed, the wings have a sick green glow and the air around him looks dirty. I think you should try for features that evoke an uncanny valley sort of feel, or maybe his face is shaped like a human's but is featureless like the rest of his body (pits for eyes but there are no sockets, no mouth, no nose holes or eyebrows). Also, judging by the way the tops of his wings are illuminated, maybe his shoulders should similarly be outlined by the light.

also here have a cranky farmer dude

DANGIT NOW WHO DID GONE WENT AND PUT THIS HERE X HERE
Reminds me of my gramps!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:19:17 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: April 23, 2015, 03:17:40 pm »

Looks good. On gunin's comment about the light, I think that the shadows are correct, as the wings are shadowing the shoulders, but I'm not certain about that. For the majesty part, I think antlers look pretty majestic.
Yay, fishies!
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 846