Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1328013 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #2085 on: April 13, 2014, 09:42:09 pm »

Just looked up at what's up with Terragen, and much has developed. Been awhile, but here's a quick rendering. Took about 2 hours to render.

...Now I want to play Tropico.

EDIT:
As of right now, this was more of a benchmarking of how long it would take to render an average-quality island on top setting made for desktop scale (at least from a bird's eye view). 2 hours seems pretty decent a rendering time given the scale; but given the specs of my machine (according to benchmarking programs, and keeping an eye on my machine's temperatures and such), I'm due for an update; at least for the CPU. It could be more powerful.

What do you think?
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86GHz
Conroe 65nm Technology

It's a tad on the old side. Surprised it's still keeping up.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 01:53:09 pm by Itnetlolor »

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: April 13, 2014, 09:51:49 pm »

I made another thing, inspired by the 2 colors challenge, but obviously I didn't only use a 1 pixel pencil tool. It's a pencil drawing that was bucketed and then touched up with the pencil tool in Paint.
As with all my drawings, I accept and appreciate criticism.

Also, this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and this
are awesome.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2087 on: April 14, 2014, 04:25:42 am »

Nyeh. Don't really like it, but don't feel like working on it any more.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: April 14, 2014, 02:32:51 pm »

40-ish minute speedpaint of a titan killer. Started off with a photo of some Russian AA missle platform, modified that and just painted in all the rest.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: April 14, 2014, 02:38:21 pm »

One new router later, steam and imgur are now working again, so woooooo! I did a fair bit during the week or so I had no connection. These are in no particular order, I might add.

First, a still work in progress of the team I beat Enemy Unknown with.
Spoiler: xcom (click to show/hide)
Then a set of armaments for that same project I made the status icons for.
Spoiler: armor (click to show/hide)
Lastly, some desktop icons I made for Origin (I don't like origin, but doesn't mean I can't make it look nicer), Cataclysm: DDA, and Dwarf Fortress.
Spoiler: icons (click to show/hide)
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: April 14, 2014, 05:27:14 pm »

After seeing Itnetlolor's desktop I went to check out Electric Sheep, one thing lead to another and I ended up rendering a bunch of flame fractals.
The rest here.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 11:43:44 pm by Hugehead »
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: April 14, 2014, 05:37:29 pm »

I like this one. Looks like a bunch of abstract staircases winding off into the sky.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2092 on: April 14, 2014, 09:37:17 pm »

I have now figured out that Hatfish actually represents my so-called creative muse, which leads me to the following.

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: April 14, 2014, 11:38:27 pm »

Drew a thing, this time without any reference whatsoever. Was going for a quick concept sorta sketch to practice humanoid proportions on a humanoid figure...it turned into an anime girl. A very generic, tomboy-ish anime girl with a silly anatomy breaking post and a derptastic face, but the proportions actually look good. Actually has a feminine figure and girl chest bits that look like girly chest bits. I blame Kill la Kill for that, it gave me lots of study time on the female figure.

Clothing isn't too bad either, although the loose baggy pants could fit the form less and look looser and baggier.

Spoiler: thing (click to show/hide)

Originally was just gonna be the blue mannequin-esque sketch, but I just kept going and filled it in. Had fun at least, that was nice. Took ~30 mins, listened to Chevelle's Vena Sera album.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: April 15, 2014, 12:33:11 am »

Meh, playing with an idea thats been around in my head for a while, an alien landscape with some building in the scene but it didn't pan out as well as I hoped.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: April 15, 2014, 01:43:06 pm »

Two linearts based on pencil sketches another guy has done for me on another forums (I can't do it myself because I get awful results. :P).
I like the first one more myself (mostly because it's bigger so I had an easier time drawing the lines) plus I fucked up on the second one in multiple places...Could re-draw it but meh, laziness is my long-time friend.

I should probably revisit and update the first character and actually publish the latter, but meeeeeh...Hard to come up with interesting gameplay concepts.

Yes, that is a parrot and a raccoon. Don't ask.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: April 16, 2014, 10:58:38 am »

So, I am... I was... running an RtD of mine (see link in sig) and made some sketches of enemies players are about to withstand. Right now pics are huge, and if someone tells me how do I compressed them without losing proportions I'll do that.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:08:01 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: April 16, 2014, 03:04:10 pm »

So, I am... I was... running an RtD of mine (see link in sig) and made some sketches of enemies players are about to withstand. Right now pics are huge, and if someone tells me how do I compressed them without losing proportions I'll do that.
The easiest way is this:
Code: [Select]
[img width=500]picture.png[/img]You can set both width and height, or only use one and it will keep the proportions.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: April 16, 2014, 03:07:40 pm »

Thanks. Changed to more reasonable sizes.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: April 16, 2014, 03:09:04 pm »

Oh, no way. I always thought you had to resize both dimensions, so in times where I wanted to crunch an image down I had to break out the calculator. The more you know, I guess.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 846