Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1328148 times)

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #2010 on: March 24, 2014, 03:04:34 pm »

Flying piece of pizza for the LuftRausers giveaway, using 3 of the colors from the palette of the game. I think it could use another couple more frames of animation and it definitely needs a lot of pepperoni stabilization, so aside from those how could I make it better?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: March 24, 2014, 03:12:08 pm »

Flying piece of pizza for the LuftRausers giveaway, using 3 of the colors from the palette of the game. I think it could use another couple more frames of animation and it definitely needs a lot of pepperoni stabilization, so aside from those how could I make it better?

To me it looks like it turns over so it should logically show the none-cheesed side.
the cheese colour is a bit odd too.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: March 25, 2014, 12:27:49 pm »

To me it looks like it turns over so it should logically show the none-cheesed side.
Same for me on both counts - it looks like it flips, and the cheese looks a little odd. (though you explained the cheese color.)

Posting this here because I'd like some feedback on it - I'd like to know exactly how much it sucks, if I should give up and focus my creativity towards something else, and if a no to that last, what I could/should do to improve. Modeled in 3ds Max.

edit: coolio, that looks pretty awesome. :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:30:46 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: March 25, 2014, 12:32:33 pm »

Burning mushrooms?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: March 25, 2014, 12:37:49 pm »

Burning mushrooms?
Burning giant mushrooms, but yeah, pretty much. Forgotten beast sets them on fire in the caverns, and then they burn... well, in the pic. It's next to a lake.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: March 25, 2014, 03:31:38 pm »

Version 2 of pizza slice, I swapped the cheese and crust colors, stabilized the pepperoni, and made it show the bottom of the slice while going up.

Same for me on both counts - it looks like it flips, and the cheese looks a little odd. (though you explained the cheese color.)

Posting this here because I'd like some feedback on it - I'd like to know exactly how much it sucks, if I should give up and focus my creativity towards something else, and if a no to that last, what I could/should do to improve. Modeled in 3ds Max.

It looks pretty good, but the fire looks very videogamey. I think that by the time the fire was burning that high the rest of the mushroom would be on fire as well, not just one spot. Cave walls also don't normally look like that, unless it's an area with a lot of tectonic activity it should probably have a fairly consistent texture.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: March 26, 2014, 08:26:59 am »

Version 2 of pizza slice, I swapped the cheese and crust colors, stabilized the pepperoni, and made it show the bottom of the slice while going up.

It looks pretty good, but the fire looks very videogamey. I think that by the time the fire was burning that high the rest of the mushroom would be on fire as well, not just one spot. Cave walls also don't normally look like that, unless it's an area with a lot of tectonic activity it should probably have a fairly consistent texture.
...Duly noted. Thank you very much for the input. :) The cave walls, I admit, was me being lazy and trying to keep the "texture tiling" phenomenon from being too readily transparent... and it wound up looking kind of lame. If the fire is too tall, it's probably because I haven't spent enough time around fires to know what's realistic. :P That's no excuse, though - I should've researched it.

The pizza looks much better, now - very nice improvements. :D I'm curious as to why it wobbles during the second half of each "flip", though - is that intentional?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2017 on: March 26, 2014, 09:00:58 pm »

hi guise

i drew a baseball bat

Yes, i am in fact experimenting with my style. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: March 26, 2014, 11:10:29 pm »

Did a sketch thing. More anime. Nowhere near done yet, but I'm getting bored and running out of steam. Also it's getting late. Nothing original, another freehand rough sketch using a still frame as a reference. These are supposed to help me plan out my drawings better, theoretically. I 'unno, I think it's just a fancy way for me to tell myself I'm killing time.

Spoiler: Thing. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Self-Critique (click to show/hide)

Whatever. Better than me not drawing at all.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: March 27, 2014, 07:35:12 am »

Stupid cursor thing I made on my calculator.
I could make this more complex and add different areas or stuff but typing code directly into a calculator is annoying.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: March 27, 2014, 10:30:29 am »

Mr Space Cat - that's actually pretty awesome - way better than anything I could manage. I like the style... The only thing I might do different is change the facial structure slightly so the character looked older, but, there's also no way in circus I'd be able to manage that myself. lol   My drawing skills absolutely suck. It's part of why I turned to 3d modeling. Maybe my hands don't do what they want, but I get computers, at least.
    Anyway, it's not bad at all. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Miauw - I can't get Vimeo to load, unfortunately, or I'd give you some critique/encouragement too.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: March 27, 2014, 10:56:48 am »

Don't worry, I found motivation to make it an actual game (in the form of a French textbook that needs learning) so now you can actually lose.
Lightning conditions didn't improve, but hey!
CALCULATOR Q

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: March 27, 2014, 12:10:31 pm »

Recorded with a potato attached to a vibrator

Miauw you so funny. But that's actually darn cool. For a calculator.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: March 27, 2014, 07:42:45 pm »

I remember when I tried learning calculator coding. I gave up extremely quickly due to no motivation.
On the opposite end of the motivation spectrum, I've been on a roll lately with my potential secret project. Today I made some status indicators.

I want to know if you guys can tell what they are just by sight
Spoiler: answers (click to show/hide)
edit: clarified the effects a little bit.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 03:29:14 pm by coolio678 »
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: March 27, 2014, 08:06:23 pm »

Without looking at the answers...

1) Armour boosted
2) Magic armour
3) Paralysed
4) Frozen
5) Burnt
6) Crippled
7) Poisoned
8) Bleeding

FAKEEDIT: Oh, they aren't all status indicators? I don't see how  frost damage is a status indicator.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 846