Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1325235 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #1680 on: January 16, 2014, 04:58:44 pm »

I was going to post an update of my sword, but really, the only thing that's changed is a couple of inches are now shinier than before. So have a knife instead!

The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1681 on: January 16, 2014, 06:05:20 pm »

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: January 16, 2014, 09:57:37 pm »

I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: January 17, 2014, 03:17:51 am »

I'm make a video series on Youtube on making and animating this kobold sprite:

The first video is here, for those interested. I've got the second video uploaded already, but I'm just waiting until a day has passed since I uploaded  the first one. The above gif is from the second video, too. I'm excited to keep working on him.
EDIT: Small request: Does anyone happen to know where I could find a walk cycle reference for animal-legged people? Because I'm having a hard time trying to animate this walk.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 05:18:49 am by Jack_Bread »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: January 17, 2014, 11:17:27 am »

Hm... I don't know off the top of my head, but you might be able to adapt a cycle of tip-toed walking if you can find one of those? That's the basic difference in the anatomy, really.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: January 17, 2014, 12:13:51 pm »

Hm... I don't know off the top of my head, but you might be able to adapt a cycle of tip-toed walking if you can find one of those? That's the basic difference in the anatomy, really.

Like cats.

Gives you an excuse to watch many cat .gifs/videos (which can only be a good thing)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: January 17, 2014, 12:16:55 pm »

Have a 25 minute video of cat vines. I didn't make this by the way.

Edit: Whoops, had it backwards.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:50:19 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1687 on: January 17, 2014, 07:14:51 pm »

bro i am not sure why but your link denies my clicks in Firefox

here have a working one http://youtube.com/watch?v=4tzhyfWHdLo

Oh yeah also i decided to try working a bit on my posing (since i am terrible at posing anything that isn't a stickman), so i thought "HMM, WHAT FREE ONLINE BOOK COULD POSSIBLY TEACH ME ABOUT THIS? OH RIGHT, LOOMIS' BOOK" and then tried to get my Doohinkus on.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
i call it the LOOMIS SLAM

I am pleasantly surprised at how simple and easy that method is, so i might well incorporate it into my extremely limited repetoire of methods. c:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: January 17, 2014, 09:41:06 pm »

I'm make a video series on Youtube on making and animating this kobold sprite:

The first video is here, for those interested. I've got the second video uploaded already, but I'm just waiting until a day has passed since I uploaded  the first one. The above gif is from the second video, too. I'm excited to keep working on him.
EDIT: Small request: Does anyone happen to know where I could find a walk cycle reference for animal-legged people? Because I'm having a hard time trying to animate this walk.

Quarians have the same sort of legs in the Mass Effect series. If you look at videos of them moving, maybe that could help?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: January 17, 2014, 10:19:32 pm »

Spoiler: previous post (click to show/hide)
Well, I also decided to give this a shot. I realized what you were saying when you suggested the pastel-ly art style, and I completely ignored that and made a vector version instead.

(If anyone wants a larger version, it's easy enough for me to make)

The wings were by far the hardest part. It went through several attempts of really awkward looking things before I arrived at the current form.
I actually had to look up a how to draw bird wings step by step picture on google, and followed along with it.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: January 18, 2014, 07:45:51 am »

Welp, here's what I currently have of that walk. I know there's a bunch of things I've gotta fix, like the arm. There's also no tail movement and I want to animate the lantern-holding arm some more, but I did what I could in roughly 30 minutes.

EDIT: The video had been uploaded. Here's the link.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 04:25:47 pm by Jack_Bread »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: January 18, 2014, 10:59:23 am »

hey now, that's pretty good. In addition to the stuff you have left to do, maybe animate the eye with an occasional blink, or have the tongue roll over the lips to make it look a little more alive!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #1692 on: January 19, 2014, 03:06:15 am »

A rough doodle I found myself very happy with.

Particularly, I'm pleased with my progress on the hands. His right hand, mostly. The left one sucks, but it's still better than most hands I've drawn. I'm kind of surprised that I'm more comfortable with the three fingered look, since I was pretty adamant about practicing with four fingers until now and it looks so much better.

To make my images more versatile for resizing I started drawing larger and with thicker lines, along with maxing out the hardness. Not sure you can see the difference in my avatar, but I like the harder lines much better. Surprised it took me so long to transition.

I've just got to make my style more consistent from day to day and I'll move on to actual animations.

But I should definitely print that T-Shirt and sell it in Colorado or something.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: January 19, 2014, 06:42:18 am »

sketch
I am a Goober.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: January 19, 2014, 07:41:07 am »

Damnnn, some nice art of all kinds here in this thread! :D
I really like that table, Spitfire. Looks extremely practical, and I like the colour to boot.

Anyway, I can't post any of my (probably rubbish) sketches since I don't have a scanner currently, but the other day I tried to draw a self-portrait on Drawception, using their sandbox mode.

Spoiler: Original Photo (click to show/hide)

Not great I know-I mean, look at how long my face is- but it's probably the best digital art I've ever managed to do.
One of these days I need to do the cliché 'derping around sketching people in public' thing. I'd be seriously self-conscious about it, though... perhaps I'll wear sunglasses. :P Considering making this picture my new avatar.

ALSO:
Also i'm on a roll today, so here have a totally grayscale HATEBOMB
hatebomb hates everyone and everything equally

In retrospect, i forgot to apply bluish grayish shadows to this guy, but oh well. :I
Oh man, that is freakin' sweet! I want that guy on a jacket patch, badge, or even a shirt. :D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 07:53:14 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 846