Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1326753 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #1275 on: August 25, 2013, 04:07:57 pm »

I think it'd be better to compare a broadsword to a scalpel, because it's not ENTIRELY impossible, it's just hard. :U
Also, to begin with, drawing with a tablet feels odd, but once you get more used to it, it's infinitely quicker and easier than mousing around. I speak from experience, despite not being COMPLETELY used to tablet yet.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 25, 2013, 04:12:09 pm »

Drawing with a mouse isn't too bad with enough practice, if you don't mind zooming in to 8x or so (Fully do-able if you draw out the character with rough not-circle things first, on another layer), and the smooth stroke open helps iron out the jitters even more. (Unless you're using MSPaint and don't want to switch, in which case, good luck.)

I think the kobold needs shoulders, the stomach looks off both relative to where the side of the torso should be and where the pelvis is, and the back ear should probably be visible. Also, I think the skull would look alien, with the spine being towards the middle.

Style experimentation, posted because I never post pictures in this thread anymore. Looks sorta like a carving or a cave painting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 25, 2013, 07:09:20 pm »

In my experience the tablet was always way easier than a mouse, even when first starting with the tablet. Mouse is still possible, but it's just way harder.

Then again, my mouse is a right handed mouse, and I'm left handed. That could have something to do with it, though I never thought of it 'til now. I've never noticed what hand I was using to draw w/ mouse, so I assume it was the right hand since I'm used to right-handed mouse stuff.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 25, 2013, 09:14:47 pm »

In my experience the tablet was always way easier than a mouse, even when first starting with the tablet. Mouse is still possible, but it's just way harder.

Then again, my mouse is a right handed mouse, and I'm left handed. That could have something to do with it, though I never thought of it 'til now. I've never noticed what hand I was using to draw w/ mouse, so I assume it was the right hand since I'm used to right-handed mouse stuff.
Mouse is still way harder for me, even as a righty. I don't use my tablet very often (more of a doodle on the back of  school work kind of guy myself), but it's way easier by comparison.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1279 on: August 26, 2013, 01:47:43 am »

Mouse is still way harder for me, even as a righty. I don't use my tablet very often (more of a doodle on the back of  school work kind of guy myself), but it's way easier by comparison.
I suck at drawing with a mouse. I can make things that are more or less not painful to look at, but it takes HOURS. Which is why I'll stick to pen and pad until I actually get a tablet.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 26, 2013, 01:23:39 pm »

I was just messin' around on my guitar, figured I'd try my audacity out since I haven't used it in ages. The timing is a bit off, and the mp3 compression did something strange to the end of it, but tell me what you guys think.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1281 on: August 26, 2013, 06:59:16 pm »

I like it, it's pretty simple, but it sounds neat. Now if only it was longer... :U

@GUNIN: I can confirm that notion, it is possible to draw acceptably with a mouse, it just takes a long time. Especially if you're awkward like me and are a right-handed guy using a mouse with your left hand, and everything resembling a pencil with your right hand. It didn't exactly make the shift from mouse to pen any easier. :P

also hi guise

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 26, 2013, 09:12:49 pm »

I actually quite like it. It brings up images somehow of both the bayou and the nevada desert. In a good way, like L4D2 and Fallout.

Also whut is that. Gimp?

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 26, 2013, 11:21:33 pm »

I actually quite like it. It brings up images somehow of both the bayou and the nevada desert. In a good way, like L4D2 and Fallout.

The desert isn't really coming through in this piece. I definitely get that post-modern neo-impressionstic creole vibe, though.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1284 on: August 27, 2013, 06:43:09 pm »

Also whut is that. Gimp?
ayup

An experiment in modern expressionistic impressionism, rooted firmly in abstract realism, and sprinkled with surrealism. In other words, i felt like animating a stickman swinging his arms in wild circles, so i did. :P

today however i made a self-portrait
the face in particular turned out to be extremely life-like

however my neck is not that manly
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 27, 2013, 06:52:09 pm »

Okay, this isn't finished cos I need help with it.

Nice mountains. Thing is, this isn't finished because I need help with two things. One thing really, but I'm dividing it up into two bits.
1. Jungle in the distance: I want jungle on those faraway plains there. How do I do that without having to delicately sketch every tree in miniature?
2. Jungle in the foreground. I want jungle to slightly block out the view of the mountains. How do I do this without it looking like crap?

Halp please.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 27, 2013, 07:40:50 pm »

Couldn't you just draw a couple trees, and then copy/paste them around? Or would that be cheating?
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 27, 2013, 07:54:59 pm »

Probably not, no, but how would I make it look jungly? I don't want it to look flat.

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 28, 2013, 12:11:05 am »

Try a messy dual brush with some angle jitter. Lighter green on top and darker green in the back. You'll still have to touch it up but it might give a nice foundation to work from.

Right... it looked very painterly on my phone, didn't catch the mspaintness(?) Pixely stuff like that is all blood, sweat and tears. So suck it up and pixel in some jungle. ;)

How would you do a closer view of some rough grass? Just do that?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:30:01 pm by Svampapa »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 28, 2013, 06:05:19 pm »

Finished it! Thanks for the advice, it looks acceptable to me.

Nice and jungly.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 846