Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1326308 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #630 on: December 28, 2012, 06:34:57 pm »

Also, for some constructive criticism, the right hand is out of perspective and because of that it appears off. Look at some images of people sitting like that (get some royalty if you want lizard people) and you'll see that the fingers and the hand itself is much flatter.

This is most noticeable if you look at the leg itslef and the way it's positioned and then look at the hand. Basically it doesn't look like it's resting on the leg at all but more like it just put the fingers there, kinda, or something, dunno, slightly erratic thinking now, drank a bit then chomped a bunch of food at a late hour :S

@Svarte Troner
Awesome sketch, love the style, please do more!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 28, 2012, 08:12:50 pm »

Just got a new drawing tablet for christmas:

A rather abstract bird:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Slightly more cartoony doodles:
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 28, 2012, 09:02:11 pm »

A rather abstract bird:

Slightly more cartoony doodles:
Have you used a tablet before? Those are much more impressive than what I've painted up since Christmas :P
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #633 on: December 28, 2012, 09:05:06 pm »

... Is that a stag snail? Those doodles are awesome. c:

One of the most irritating thing I've had to deal with in art is different communities having radically different opinions on what is "correct".
Most of the time it seems like conceited ignorance due to embedded conceptions of how something with no groundings in reality is supposed to look in their head (An extreme problem in furry-centric communities), but other times, like in the case of this thread or the Data Realms forums, yall seem generally able to accept that something is in fact not a real creature and thusly does not have a "perfect" way to draw it.
You in particular Shook, along with Adriaan over on the Data Realms forums seem to get this better than most people, thanks for that.
You're most welcome. c:
However, irritating as it may be, they are FOR THE MOST PART trying to teach you what they think is right. There will inevitably be clashing opinions, so in the end it's basically up to you to piece together what YOU think is right, since there is no universal "this is correct" when it comes to art (well, barring the obvious basic things that are tied to reality, such as circles being round). That's what i've come to think, anyways, and it's one of the things i find so utterly amazing about art. I mean, even in our relatively small community, there is a HUGE diversity in art styles, and they all look great!

* Shook sappy rambling that might well be completely wrong but hey

@Svarte Troner: Hot damn, them's some serious pen(cil)ing skills! Looks like something one would draw while not in a super happy mood, but hey, given the circumstances, i think that's a pretty reasonable vibe to give off. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 28, 2012, 09:09:48 pm »

Have you used a tablet before? Those are much more impressive than what I've painted up since Christmas :P

I haven't, however i've found that software makes a huge difference.  These were used with autodesk sketchbook express, you can emulate sketching with a pencil pretty easily with this.  (I could already sketch to that level with a pencil, just couldn't do the coloring)

My first attempt to use the tablet with paint.net looked only marginally better than drawing with a mouse.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #635 on: December 28, 2012, 10:24:33 pm »

FELLOW PEOPLE

prepare some eyebleach for you are about to witness my first venture into drawing breasts
Sterling example of me winging it. First the torso was too long, then it was too wide, then the neck was too long, then the mammaries were too centered, then the head was too small... Ended up spending 50 minutes on it, and it STILL doesn't look wholly right. But hey, any 50 minutes involving decent boobage are good in my book. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 28, 2012, 10:27:20 pm »

Trying to draw even clothed breasts is difficult. Good job, Shook.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 28, 2012, 10:57:36 pm »

Have you tried asking people who know what they're talking about, cause so far you've got bombzero and me. :P
This made me laugh, considering that both you and me pretty much brute force bullshit our way through creating stuff until it turns out right.  :P
Somebody laughed at one of my jokes. The apocalypse must be a week late.  :o

A rather abstract bird:
Not going to lie man, it looks cool, but I am at a loss as to where the bird is.
I'm Ethan Suplee in Mallrats and I can't see the sailboat.

FELLOW PEOPLE

prepare some eyebleach for you are about to witness my first venture into drawing breasts
Sterling example of me winging it. First the torso was too long, then it was too wide, then the neck was too long, then the mammaries were too centered, then the head was too small... Ended up spending 50 minutes on it, and it STILL doesn't look wholly right. But hey, any 50 minutes involving decent boobage are good in my book. :U

I've always liked this little tutorial. I have one for butts somewhere. I should really consult them more often.
This thread isn't so much for criticism as it is for random bullcrap. It seems like it's just become the engraver's guild without lordnincompoop to yell at people.

I'm not ready for that, a nice engraver's guild.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 28, 2012, 10:59:10 pm »

It's more of a bird's head.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 28, 2012, 11:55:44 pm »

Not going to lie man, it looks cool, but I am at a loss as to where the bird is.
I'm Ethan Suplee in Mallrats and I can't see the sailboat.

The line that runs the full length top to bottom starts as the beak, curves over the head, and follows what would be the spinal column down to the tail.  Two differently stylized wings  on either side of it. 

I actually enjoy doodling with pens like this, and generally tell people its akin to a rohr shock test, everyone can see something different in it.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 29, 2012, 09:42:37 am »

I made a little starship using this program.

this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 29, 2012, 02:03:03 pm »

Got bored waiting for our Pathfinder session to start, so ended up making my character's portrait with a combination of Paint and GraphicsGale. I'm quite pleased with the results.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:05:40 pm by Jack_Bread »

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 30, 2012, 10:40:10 am »

I haven't, however i've found that software makes a huge difference.  These were used with autodesk sketchbook express, you can emulate sketching with a pencil pretty easily with this.  (I could already sketch to that level with a pencil, just couldn't do the coloring)

My first attempt to use the tablet with paint.net looked only marginally better than drawing with a mouse.
yeah, I'm decent at sketching with real pencil, but there's something different about using a tablet for me. I guess It'll just take some practice.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 30, 2012, 07:35:29 pm »

If anyone is interested I fleshed out that snail for a full painting, posted it over in the World Building Journey thread as well.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:21:26 am by Vactor »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 30, 2012, 08:16:45 pm »

That is just awesome. You've got real talent and creativity, Vactor.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 846