Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1327187 times)

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #420 on: October 08, 2012, 08:12:58 pm »

Okay, made a new version for the terrain generator, but being lazy about getting the URL for it again hehe

So here's the URL to the forum post that I just put up on the actual project's thread:

CLICKY!
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 08, 2012, 09:13:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I tried to make a cel-shaded Hamstone and roll him around

O_O

THAT IS AWESOME.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #422 on: October 12, 2012, 09:02:47 pm »

Getting back into Blender to work on stuff again. I decided to start working on the Paladin-Class Airship Excalibur in Blender this time. Got a much more user-friendly approach to it this time around. Just as well, instead of starting on the main long portion of the fuselage, I'm instead starting from the lower bridge and working my way up. I'm also applying a different rendering method, building it in stages, and using a guided system (align to grid) to make sure everything fits seamlessly as I work on each individual part; and duplicating the initial cube which is the source of all the fun. It's scaled in fixed increments, so no matter how tall and long I make it, as I move the next cubes into place to extend the model, it should always be a seamless alignment.

As of now, I finished the lower bridge (it has 2, an upper and lower), and the rear portion of it, before it links to the main rear body; and you can see where some landing gear would be placed so far (like bird feet or dragon feet). On the topside, it's flat as can be, but it has a pair of mirrored cubes on top aligned and ready to continue the upper portion of it. Where I intend to continue working I will leave a flat surface (there will almost always be a sign of the original cube I used for template.

Since the lower portion of the ship has always been obscured, I had fun coming up with the design for it. I found it funny that the main bridge windshield started to look like Kamina's glasses as I was working on it. I like how it turned out. Let's hope it'll be easy enough to texture when I finish it up.

And without further ado, where's what I have made so far (today was filled with nothing but distractions, I will get more done over time).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:06:27 pm by Itnetlolor »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 12, 2012, 09:38:40 pm »

Nice! Is it based off of an airship from a book or game or something?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #424 on: October 12, 2012, 10:40:01 pm »

Nice! Is it based off of an airship from a book or game or something?
Nope. Completely original. I've always been fascinated by airships of all sorts, ranging from the classic rustic steampunk types, like the dirigibles along the lines of the Blackjack and Falcon from FF3/6, to the more modernized ones like the Highwind from FF7, to the outright exotic ones like FFX and X-2's Fahrenheit (FFX) and the Celsius (X-2), and then you have the crazy ones like the ones featured in FFXII. And that's just Final Fantasy's inspirations. I was also inspired by other series throughout the ages, like the small things from LEXX (season 3), for example. Can't list the rest off the top of my head, but there were others.

Anyway, this is supposed to be a battleship/med-capacity carrier armed with a Yin-Yang polarity cannon (regular energy cannon, but enhanced with magic, can also fire holy and demonic power, and as a de-facto nuke, both at the same time rotating in the form of a yin-yang for critical mass of spiritual energies resulting in a duality singularity blast of Absolution. In other words, a spirit-nuke, powered by a holy and arcane artifact with a secured connection to the perpetual generators linked with the 4D-μ (Mu, or Manipulation Unit). Naturally, combat rules frown upon the use of using a pair of stargates or a 4D-μ to place a gate at the muzzle and the receiving gate at a safe point away from the ship and making short work of a target (like melting a shield from 2 fixed points simultaneously). It also has a series of homing-laser secondary weapons, and rocket/missile/torpedo kinetic weapon alternatives alongside them, and a small battalion of auto-cannons lining the body for AA and smaller AS measures (preferred over machine guns). The ship can also carry up to 2 squadrons of fighters, and a small fleet of gunships (BAC-9 Barracudas (To-be rendered, another original design, with several varieties, from the Standard Gunship to Heavy Gunship, Recon/Racers, and construction "Bumblebees" mostly salvage-oriented)) of various varieties on board for ground combat and ship capture/salvage operations.

Alternatively, in order to follow combat rules, the ship has otherwise been designed to be really damn maneuverable for a carrier-battleship, with front-mounted thrust vector engines, as well as vector thrust on the backside, teamed up with pretty wide wings and ailerons, flaps, spoilers, and secondary rudder systems and air-anchors; with of course, internal ballast systems involving rather large brass-coated lead bricks (or decommissioned MAC-Cannon bullets used for demolishing starships from orbit), controlled via ferro-magnetic guidance systems with pulley systems for safety reasons. Simply put, this thing can actually do a snap-turn, and many other aerial maneuvers you'd never think a ship of such scale could ever pull off (it's got a dense infrastructure/skeleton especially on the wings to support the weight and stresses). The thing maneuvers like a race car in the skies, armed with nukes. Rumor has it that the entire crew is insane, and eggs on their pilot to go barnstorming with it, buzzing houses while upside-down, or power-sliding into a dry-dock, or even doing an immleman maneuver (upright half-loop to upright orientation again) . To be crew to this ship, you better have good G-force resistance, a strong stomach, and balls made of adamantium-plated dark matter.

I have the picture I'm using for reference, as well as something I want to be able to accomplish for rendering reasons.
Spoiler: Reference image (click to show/hide)

Progress Update:
Just added the upper-main mid-front fuselage portion, and the main cannon attached to it. Going to add more to the back end to complete this portion of the mid-fuselage. Once that "Abdomen" is done, I'll work on the "Thorax" of it where the quarters, research and recreation/briefing rooms (or an on-board bar/tavern, really) are established, along with the main engine where the intakes linkup.

When that's done, the wings will be worked on, and basing off the backside's form, I can more accurately establish how long it can be built to look correct. Thanks to being made in pieces, adjustments and repairs shouldn't be too hard, as would be skinning it later on, I suppose.

UPDATE EDIT:
As you can notice, both bridges have a decent enough offset from the main cannon that they can both aim the main cannon forward. Especially useful when both bridges work in tandem with each other. Nice to know, operating them in tandem, seeing as they both have rather colossal blind spots to work with, but can complement each other. If going single-bridge with a single crew, there's an elevator, Enterprise-ish, that can allow the crew to switch bridges in a jiffy; and alternatively, a slide through the maintainence ducts is also a direct way between bridges as well (best done during auto-pilot or hover/stationary "sitting duck" mode).

The big flat areas you see are where the back wings are going to be fitted, and the rather large flat backside is where the ship's Thorax will be put in place. And yes, you can walk topside. The doors are big enough to allow medium-large cargo to slip through.

EDIT EDIT:
I am aware that the 3-D model is looking a little different from the drawing already, but I figure, since I made it about 6 years ago, I might as well update it. I had some ideas form over time since I drew it, and figured, since I'm building it from scratch (again) why not re-imagine a few features? I like some of the adjustments.

Oh, another game of inspiration for ship design has to go to Starcon, Master of Orion, and Endless Space.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 12:23:49 am by Itnetlolor »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 13, 2012, 11:38:35 pm »

I started playing Pokemon Black 2, my first pokemon game since Crystal on the GBA. While checking the menus I found my trainer's card, and the spot for the signature. Here's my 'signature'.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #426 on: October 14, 2012, 08:52:17 am »

Randomness incarnate: a carp.
I used a regular pencil and a .3 mechanical one xD Also, I got lazy with the scales. And the shading. And pretty much everything.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 14, 2012, 01:46:23 pm »

Randomness incarnate: a carp.
I used a regular pencil and a .3 mechanical one xD Also, I got lazy with the scales. And the shading. And pretty much everything.

For scales let me give you a little tip.
Implied lines are your best friend in the damn world, use them anytime you can to save yourself drawing several hundred individual scales.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 15, 2012, 02:57:26 pm »

Spoiler: huge filesize (click to show/hide)

really low poly robot with vector textures.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 04:26:39 pm by Robocorn »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 16, 2012, 07:59:45 pm »

Just two little "speed paintings" I scribbled up using nothing but a flat brush set to a single size while I was bored.

Each one took 5-10 minutes.

Swiftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 20, 2012, 07:05:55 am »

Guess who it is!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #431 on: October 20, 2012, 08:23:00 pm »

But but my favourite cap'n is Jack Sparrow. :c

Also, those are pretty neat, bombzero! What gets me is that they kind of lack swooshyness. On top of being an awesome expression, it really helps when doing full-body drawings.

also here's an unsmile
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 20, 2012, 08:38:46 pm »

Fucked up a profile drawing and wound up with this.

Swiftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 20, 2012, 09:31:46 pm »

I've tried to draw Jack Sparrow, but it's hard. He's got too much hair and clothes.

Everything seems to have a 'safety seal', so I drew one.

I like your style, bombzero. Especially the shading.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 20, 2012, 10:26:04 pm »

I like your style, bombzero. Especially the shading.

Thanks I suppose, I just kinda go by feel in all honesty.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 846