Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1327374 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #315 on: July 09, 2012, 12:58:36 am »

izak1399 I'm really digging your work. I need to do more random pixel doodles rather than just work on the Minecraft texture pack.

Something I made years ago as part of a retro gaming pixel quilt thing:
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 09, 2012, 02:06:55 am »

I wish I could draw cool things.
I was going to make a new thread about how I was going to try and get better at drawing this summer, but then I saw this thread and looked through a couple pages and gave up a little in my mind.
However, I did draw this:
Spoiler: Fucking MASSIVE (click to show/hide)
I realize that I should have his torso rotated to the left, but anatomic perspective is something I have a lot of trouble with.
EDIT
I tried redrawing with torso rotation.
It's the same guy from a different perspective (although his head is smaller, and he's a lot stockier). I drew him a lot smaller, the first guy's arm is there for scale (and because I drew them on the same piece of paper).
Spoiler: Still Large (click to show/hide)
I think he turned out better, despite being smaller and having a lot less time spent on him.
Also I forgot to shade/chainmail his legs and chain skirt.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:25:06 am by NewsMuffin »

izak1399

• Bay Watcher
  • Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
    • Izaksmells.blogspot.com
« Reply #318 on: July 09, 2012, 08:58:53 am »

Lol at the Llama XD.

Hubris Incalculable, bit of an understatement, I butchered those links. Ha ha. Thanks for pointing it out and stuff. It's been a while since I've used forum syntax.

Vattic, thanks =D. Looks like you've got the isometric style down pretty good!

This one was from last week. I played skyrim again for a bit and decided to draw up a nord/viking. Could easily be DF though =P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hey, I totally made the DF font into a font you can actually use. So actually use it.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 10, 2012, 11:48:24 am »

That Llama.

YER A WIZARD KOBOLD!

WHOSE READY FOR SOME MAGIC?
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 10, 2012, 07:54:40 pm »

Here's a gnoll bard I made a week or two ago.

Used him as a token for an NPC in a DnD game I'm running.
He's holding/plays a double ocarina.
It's hard to figure out how to place the arms on a character. :\

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 11, 2012, 02:40:50 am »

@newsmuffin/any anatomy drawing hopefuls: a few anatomical tips.
1) 'normal' (see: idealistic normal, not real life normal) people are 8 'heads' high, as in their head is 1/8 of their total height. however if you want a 'giant' character 9 is better, and you can use 6 or 7 to make short characters.

2) the wrist of an arm should reach roughly to the horizontal line crossing the center of the pelvis, can be measured by getting the rough distance of the two sections of the arm, accounting for any changes made by the rotation/perspective of it, and seeing if it is roughly the same. (no need for a calculator, accuracy within 20% will still look normal enough)

3) other then those two just keep in mind every little 'neat fact' you have heard about human anatomy (all those ones 5th-8th graders find so fascinating)

(you seem to have gotten it pretty good, just the arms in the first image looks a tiny bit odd, and the head is a little small for 'realism' in each of them. however as always, fuck realism, artistic liberties come first and foremost.)

EDIT:
@Newsmuffin: your idea was neat enough and easy enough that I decided to steal it for practice on my tablet.

even added a credit box so people finding it via other sources know its not my idea, hope you don't mind too much.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:30:01 am by bombzero »

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 11, 2012, 03:56:59 am »

(you seem to have gotten it pretty good, just the arms in the first image looks a tiny bit odd, and the head is a little small for 'realism' in each of them. however as always, fuck realism, artistic liberties come first and foremost.)
Thank you. Yeah, heads and faces are some of my other major problems, but I think I have perspective at least partially sorted out.
I would post another picture, but I cannot into semi-futuristic armor tonight.
Heheh, that's pretty good. And no, I don't mind at all.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 11, 2012, 10:28:14 am »

I got bored this morning, and made this guy in a few minutes. I can do a lot better, but I wasn't feeling like putting too much effort into it.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 11, 2012, 07:27:08 pm »

Brawl BRSTMs, my favorite source of Sonic music, suddenly got terminated by Youtube. I made a boo to show how I am feeling right now:

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 13, 2012, 11:23:42 pm »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 18, 2012, 02:22:56 pm »

Current work in progress, still in early stage and im aware of the issues with head/hand size on the left guy and the left thigh issue on the right guy.
end scene will be two guys hiding from bullet fire behind a brick wall.

anyone notice some problems I missed/have suggestions?
still just redoing sketches step by step so its easy to change things.

(derp, I need to add more detail to the gun barrel on the right, looks like a rolling pin)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 18, 2012, 03:46:03 pm »

I'm not a teaching/critiquing kind of guy, but...
Overall anatomy is bad, especially the torso.

Have you ever read Andrew Loomis's book "Fun with a Pencil"? Get it here, it was quite useful for a me when I was starting out.
Keep on drawing, find problems and fix them.

P.S. Long-term suggestions: try drawing simple household objects around you, draw people around you (or at least yourself), study anatomy books (so you can fix problems with drawing real people)
Be aware that drawing people from imagination entirely depends on knowing how the real human figure function.
P.P.S. Technically, you should ask for help at the Engraver's Guild thread here in the Creative Projects. Don't get discouraged should people lash at you there, though.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:57:00 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 18, 2012, 07:25:02 pm »

Well, I made a bunch of emotes for one of my characters on an RP site. Here they are!
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 846