Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1327931 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #8055 on: December 11, 2016, 05:57:30 pm »

That there are few old olm-man mage images is odd. I'd imagine mages as odd or old as olms would be more common.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8056 on: December 12, 2016, 12:42:18 am »

I like how it looks like an old olm-man mage.

It's a very good rendition of an old olm-man mage.

We don't see old olm-man mage images here often.
That there are few old olm-man mage images is odd. I'd imagine mages as odd or old as olms would be more common.

I think its because olms a very obscure animal. I only know about them because I lost one of my early forts to a giant olm.

Plus they are not exactly easy to anthropomorphize with their: long almost eyeless faces, tiny limbs and long length.
In fact, the hind legs and tail gave me a lot of trouble, and they dont look that good.

I like how it looks like an old olm-man mage.

Thanks! A good hunch and a staff will easily make anything you draw look pretty old

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8057 on: December 12, 2016, 10:09:29 pm »

Alright, finished a thing. One more to go before Christmas (with a little tinkering on some older pieces, but that won't take long).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Randos

• Bay Watcher
  • The Earth Strikes You!
    • View Profile
    • Comic Wolf
« Reply #8058 on: December 13, 2016, 02:57:03 am »

Two nitpicks, there's perspective everywhere (and it's pretty nice) but the ingots on the shelf, makes them pop out like an eyesore. Also the bottom of the shelf isn't lit properly, you could argue that it's too high for a strong light on the bottom but then you have the shield on the wall at the same height being nice and lit. Also something to consider, perspectives as extreme as this are usually achieved with a fish-eye lens, not saying this one is wrong or anything, just that it'd be much more effective of an image (also much harder to pull off properly) if done in fish-eye.

Also hi, here's something about a month late (well, to you folks anyways):

Thanks for the nitpicks! You are the second person to point out the ingots so I guess that must be more annoying than I thought it would. I totally admit that I botched the perspective on those and thought that no one would notice... so good eye!!! :)

Same for the lighting. Good eye! Although I agree with the first potential argument that the light is too far away, and so I would rather decrease the light on the shield. Also the shield is drawn rather lazily in comparison to other objects, but these were all background items and I guess I got tired and had to move on.

Good work on the self portrait! I think you could continue adding detail to the head wear and clothing and that will make an amazing illustration. The face has great light and shade and great work on the eyes!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8059 on: December 13, 2016, 09:06:56 am »

Drawing this logo was just the right mix of fun and PITA (especially trying to get it to 'look right' colors-wise after I got all the pieces into place).
But I'm happy with the result.

I can do a thread on this later if y'all want me to (but there is always the possibility of me ditching it halfway through in favor of something else because of my ADHD fuckwad of a brain).
(The short version is that there is badass heroes, infighting, drama and politics. In space.)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8060 on: December 16, 2016, 02:54:33 pm »

With the special edition coming out, allowing for Skyrim on x64, I decided to generate some terrain with a heightmap and then put it into the game to see how it looks:

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8061 on: December 18, 2016, 10:20:23 am »

Pictures seem broken. For me, at least.

With the special edition coming out, allowing for Skyrim on x64, I decided to generate some terrain with a heightmap and then put it into the game to see how it looks:

The cloud is a bit overpowering, but what I can see looks pretty good.

“I need to work on my portraits. If only there were some place with a vested interest in having a large quantity of pictures of people’s faces in a recognisable position… Oh, right.”

Which is how it came to be that I drew our Glorious Leader Jacob Zuma from a picture on the Mail & Guardian’s front page. Newspapers are a good source of pictures of people, unsurprisingly.

This is just a quick sketch, slapped together in I guess <10 minutes.

Reference
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 10:47:15 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8062 on: December 18, 2016, 10:30:04 am »

HMHM, good sketch! You kind of forgot to give him a neck, though. :v

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8063 on: December 18, 2016, 11:07:32 am »

HMHM, good sketch! You kind of forgot to give him a neck, though. :v

He doesnt really have one. :P But I did short-change it a bit.

Emphasis on 'slapped', this was a five-minute job.

This is why I'm practicing faces. Damn. Any tips appreciated. I'm not touching colour with a ten-foot pole until I can actually render the contours properly. :P

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8064 on: December 20, 2016, 04:45:56 pm »

The range of values seems fine (you could get away with darker shadows, but that's just me being a contrast whore), although unless you plan to smooth it out completely, there's still that fancy trick of having your brush strokes follow the contours of the dudes noggin. It sounds like a weird thing, but it actually does quite a lot for the depth, which i didn't expect when i was first told to do it. I hope you don't mind, but i decided to try making the obligatory shooksample on your lovely sketch:

I hope this makes sense because i have no idea if it does. The thing to look at is the direction of the brush strokes; me being a lazy shit who fails to cover the entire thing is a different story. :v

also here have a ceramic i did

Suffice to say, this was pretty fun to make. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8065 on: December 20, 2016, 06:10:36 pm »

Added some detail to my Skyrim landscape:
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8066 on: December 21, 2016, 08:10:21 pm »

I recorded a little dramatic reading of DOOM: Repercussions of Evil for fun. Comments? Questions? Constructive criticism?

I know that my microphone is awful, and that I went a little overkill on the reverb for "you will be kill by demons" and pitch for "I wanna be on the ships daddy", but now it's too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8067 on: December 21, 2016, 08:59:58 pm »

I recorded a little dramatic reading of DOOM: Repercussions of Evil for fun. Comments? Questions? Constructive criticism?

I know that my microphone is awful, and that I went a little overkill on the reverb for "you will be kill by demons" and pitch for "I wanna be on the ships daddy", but now it's too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
You sound very much like that one reading of 30H that I remember. Have you heard it by any chance?
It's like 5 am here again, and your reading had me struggling very hard not to laugh and wake everybody up. I did a little strangled hiss thing at the "AND THEN JOOOHN ... WAS A ZOMBIE!" bit. That tiny pause between "John" and "zombie" almost did me in.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8068 on: December 21, 2016, 10:24:15 pm »

Finished the last piece for Christmas. it looks janky as hell but I'm on a time crunch so I can't afford to redo it before making the print.

Learning experience, I guess.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8069 on: December 21, 2016, 11:45:44 pm »

Pretty good, pretty good. The style favours a bit more gravel in the voice, if you can - tighten up your vocal chords some. Your microphone isn't terrible so much as you're too loud, and it's 'peaking' - hitting the maximum input volume it can handle. Tweak down the levels in whatever you're using to record and you should see some improvement.

The range of values seems fine (you could get away with darker shadows, but that's just me being a contrast whore), although unless you plan to smooth it out completely, there's still that fancy trick of having your brush strokes follow the contours of the dudes noggin. It sounds like a weird thing, but it actually does quite a lot for the depth, which i didn't expect when i was first told to do it. I hope you don't mind, but i decided to try making the obligatory shooksample on your lovely sketch:

I hope this makes sense because i have no idea if it does. The thing to look at is the direction of the brush strokes; me being a lazy shit who fails to cover the entire thing is a different story. :v

If I wasn't also lazy, it would be smoothed out completely, yeah. That's why I didn't bother with contour tracking. But thank you! If I hadn't known, that would have been helpful.

also here have a ceramic i did

Suffice to say, this was pretty fun to make. :P

Eugh. But that does look like fun.

Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 846