Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1327812 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #2190 on: May 03, 2014, 01:24:38 pm »

I drew another thing!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shameless plug, I've put up a blog at arxianeyes.tumblr.com, which will acquire all of my stuff as I produce it. (So far it only has this.)

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: May 03, 2014, 03:04:49 pm »

Looking pretty good. I might consider setting up a tumblr for my stuff. Right now I'm using imgur, but that's not really a social kind of thing.
Speaking of stuff, I made a new avatar for myself. I'll use it if it looks good when sized down. I like it.

I've gotten several requests to try and make the rest of the armor, but that will be a ways off, if ever.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 03:09:02 pm by coolio678 »
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: May 03, 2014, 05:36:05 pm »

That's pretty cool, the picture kinda reminds me of one of the multiplayer maps in Halo (Valhalla, is it?).

In other news, I trundle onward in my efforts of world/game building. This is a war-mage, a type of warrior who uses his strength and magic to turn enemy strength on itself. Overall, I'm decently happy with it, but the hood/mask/magic look rather poor. I'm going to come back to those later.

Nice-looking mage!  The whole tribal(?) mask theme is very interesting-  is that a part of the backstory?  A feral tribe, who made use of what they could to survive, and after discovering magic, used it like any other tool or weapon?  In any case, the image is thought-evoking. 

(But yeah.  The magic could use some work.   :P )

Oh, and my picture's got nothing to do with Halo-  not purposefully, anyway.  I've never played the Halo game in question.

Dude, dude this is awesome. However, the thing on his back reminds quiver much more than a gun. However, it could be a quiver for a gun!
About fading, I think you should leave it all black, because it looks awesome like that.

I posted a sketch on a similar theme recently, though it is much worse than your work.

Heh, thanks.  Is that a...  Robotic/armoured WWI Wehrmacht soldier...?  Because that's quite cool.

But, in terms of criticism, try not to spend too much effort on things drawn on paper with squares on it, it's not actually worth it :P

(Looking at it now, compared to those mountains, is it a giant steampunky mech?  A steampunky mech filled with WWI german soldiers?  Dayum.  If that's the case, that flag is the most exhorbitantly overexpensive flag created since some dorf made a fractally engraved flagpole made of adamantite detailing the entire history and future of the world.  In other words, that's a damn big flag.)
You have to kill your son or nuke the commonwealth.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: May 03, 2014, 05:43:23 pm »

It's 12:30AM here and I am bored as hell.
So here, a very random drawing.

Would say it's a Gun Francisco one, but the limbs speak against it. I tried a new drawing technique when drawing that though (new to me anyway ie. sketch a skeleton with the spine, joint and all that, stickman-style, then flesh the shapes out then draw over it. Simple but works for me)

Too lazy to fish the shading. DEAL WITH IT.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: May 03, 2014, 06:21:24 pm »

That's pretty cool, the picture kinda reminds me of one of the multiplayer maps in Halo (Valhalla, is it?).

In other news, I trundle onward in my efforts of world/game building. This is a war-mage, a type of warrior who uses his strength and magic to turn enemy strength on itself. Overall, I'm decently happy with it, but the hood/mask/magic look rather poor. I'm going to come back to those later.

Nice-looking mage!  The whole tribal(?) mask theme is very interesting-  is that a part of the backstory?  A feral tribe, who made use of what they could to survive, and after discovering magic, used it like any other tool or weapon?  In any case, the image is thought-evoking. 

(But yeah.  The magic could use some work.   :P )

Oh, and my picture's got nothing to do with Halo-  not purposefully, anyway.  I've never played the Halo game in question.
I didn't really expect it to be related to Halo, but I was just kinda getting a bit of that vibe from it. As for the mage, the backstory is not nearly so exciting. In all truth, I just thought that masks would be cool for at least one class to wear, and didn't put much more thought into it than that. However, there is a small island off the mainland on the region this is all in, so I might just have something to work with now.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2195 on: May 03, 2014, 08:17:11 pm »

Looking pretty good. I might consider setting up a tumblr for my stuff. Right now I'm using imgur, but that's not really a social kind of thing.
Speaking of stuff, I made a new avatar for myself. I'll use it if it looks good when sized down. I like it.

I've gotten several requests to try and make the rest of the armor, but that will be a ways off, if ever.
I LIKE THIS. I've probably been playing too much Dark Souls 2 recently, but it reminds me of... Well, Dark Souls 2. Besides that, it just looks plain rad. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: May 03, 2014, 09:07:54 pm »

Oh right, I never said what it was! It's the ebony armor from Skyrim (with a few artistic liberties), so not quite Dark Souls. I picked this set mostly because it's one of the few that hides the character's face in that game. :P

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: May 04, 2014, 01:35:01 am »

Heh, thanks.  Is that a...  Robotic/armoured WWI Wehrmacht soldier...?  Because that's quite cool.

But, in terms of criticism, try not to spend too much effort on things drawn on paper with squares on it, it's not actually worth it :P

(Looking at it now, compared to those mountains, is it a giant steampunky mech?  A steampunky mech filled with WWI german soldiers?  Dayum.  If that's the case, that flag is the most exhorbitantly overexpensive flag created since some dorf made a fractally engraved flagpole made of adamantite detailing the entire history and future of the world.  In other words, that's a damn big flag.)

That was supposed to be some kind of in-game motivation poster. The guy is actually is a heavy armored stormtrooper, whose figure is symbolically enlarged and stepping over the mountains in order to claim the wildlands for human race. There are as well dwarves and elves in my setting, but humans are natsees and want to conquer the world.
The shortest description of my setting I ever did :P
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: May 04, 2014, 08:13:42 am »

That was supposed to be some kind of in-game motivation poster. The guy is actually is a heavy armored stormtrooper, whose figure is symbolically enlarged and stepping over the mountains in order to claim the wildlands for human race. There are as well dwarves and elves in my setting, but humans are natsees and want to conquer the world.
The shortest description of my setting I ever did :P

Heh. Reminds me of Drifters. Humans are fantasy nazis in that because they were literally forged into an empire by Hitler before the protagonists also ended up on said world. It's a slightly silly manga in that aspect.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2199 on: May 04, 2014, 01:04:22 pm »

And here is a work in the most progress:

Like, I've blocked out colours, and that's it. There's a ton of linework not shown there, too.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: May 04, 2014, 01:08:00 pm »

Would that happen to be related to WWI Medic, or just WWI in general?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2201 on: May 04, 2014, 01:13:02 pm »

I'unno. It's an (dying) oukie in a trench, not necessarily even WWI. Never played WWI Medic, although I may at some stage.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: May 05, 2014, 05:00:21 am »

Here's a doodle thing I've been fiddling with for a couple of hours.

Battling with crippling inspiration block. Particularly with trying to make myself a new avatar.
On another note, the dwarves I made in the corner look familiar for some reason... I feel like I might've inadvertently copied someone's dwarves.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2203 on: May 05, 2014, 05:19:26 am »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: May 05, 2014, 05:32:24 am »

WIP Level: 2!

This reminds me of The Book Thief for some reasons.
Then again, if it was The Book Thief then Death would probably wear military uniform and look like a normal person.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 846