Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1331365 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #12060 on: June 07, 2021, 11:35:44 am »

Dumb things I do

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12061 on: June 09, 2021, 06:24:29 am »

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12062 on: June 10, 2021, 07:34:41 am »

Is it some kind of mutated and more evil fantasized version of yourself? :)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #12063 on: June 10, 2021, 08:28:40 am »

The filename is "Erisida.png" (Postimages does not obfuscate image names*), so that might be an indication.

*It turns out that it doesn't actually care what the filename is, as long as the rest of the URL is intact. The following is an image I 'bent, but a technical issue happened that did something on the unintended side.

(Original photo by Riho Kroll on Unsplash)

Code: [Select]
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/9fNkDDn8/dice-end-libopus-16k-yuv444p.png[/img]
You can change the end part where the filename is, and Postimages will not care. Look!

Code: [Select]
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/9fNkDDn8/obvious-modified-filename-is-obvious.png[/img]
I'm doing a trick where I go to the image's page, expand it, then copy that image's link, BTW. That gets you the full-resolution images.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12064 on: June 13, 2021, 11:04:35 pm »

Hadn’t finished much in a while, but here’s a semi-realistic take on the Pokémon Aegislash.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12065 on: June 13, 2021, 11:12:12 pm »

Bit of a change of pace
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12066 on: June 24, 2021, 04:30:30 am »

Was working on Kvaksulu language some more, finishing their alphabet, and turning Cathar and Arx into tattoos while at it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12067 on: June 24, 2021, 04:55:30 am »

wow that is surreal.
These are subject to an odd phenomenon where, despite how extremely busy the drawings are, one can still pick out the facial details, even from afar.
It just goes to show how unbelievably good the human brain is at recognizing faces. (and things that look like faces)

Good work on these, Q.

Also have you written down any kind of a phonetic guide for the alphabet glyphs? Even if it's just their correspondence to the letters of the latin alphabet, if such direct transcription is possible for Kvaksulu?
I have kind of a love-hate relationship with linguistics and languages. On one hand i absolutely love language and linguistics, but i'm also unbelievably terrible at everything related to languages.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12068 on: June 24, 2021, 05:25:54 am »

Most of them have latin counterparts, some are read differently than the "European standard" they were based on, and some are absent, such as "c", "z", "š" (sounds like shh), "ř" (unique Czech sound, can't explain), and similar. "G" is read differently in Kvaksulu than in Kevekiii, with keveks reading it as the basic "g" in "great" or "grand", Kvaksoi read it as the Dutch or Afrikaners would (basically Czech "ch").

There are some unique sounds and letters I write in Latin as " ūā", "ōūā", and Kvaksulu "hrr", a consonant, lower, longer "r".

The rightmost collumn is the Kevekii alphabet, slightly reworked to resemble those ancient cuneiform symbols. The leftmost is alphabet of Wondokí, which is basically the same just with different more refined letters, it is read the same, but the words are different. In the middle is the new Kvaksulu alphabet. All the vowels are usually very tiny compared to consonants and have two variants.

The texts are some test lines I made up, first comparison of all three languages word for "Kevek" ("Kevek" in Kevekii, "Keba" in Wond, "Kebeka" in Kvaksulu), and then there are a few basic sentences in Kvaksulu for me to see if it holds together.

They translate to: "Cathar draws pictures, strong warriors and pretty women." and "When Arx comes and writes, we rejoice."

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12069 on: June 24, 2021, 06:58:20 am »

Damn that is awesome my dude
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #12070 on: June 24, 2021, 12:55:33 pm »

I am surprised! And flattered. And a little disoriented. I'm glad you like it when I come and write, even though I don't do it very much. :P I've been busy with a number of things recently. Work, fencing, abortive efforts to write stories, setting things on fire, quarantining for covid, renting an apartment, you know, normal adult stuff.

The tattoos impress me because I tend to be very bad at mechanically precise repeated things. To be honest I wouldn't even be able to draw the lines for the foundation, let alone fill them in without messing it up... Very cool!

@Strik3r The renders are looking good! I love the Neoskies clouds, definitely worth being proud of.

@Cathar Awesome as always! I especially like the one of your daughteru. The style of the guys in the background is very very neat.

@Flyme I like the Aegislash! I also feel unsettlingly stared at. o_o

And everything else is also super cool but my infrequent posting means I get overwhelmed if I try to comment on everything all at once @_@ But I do look at it all and it's awesome! Keep it up.

I haven't done that much since last time I was here but:

Spoiler: Nightmare Operant (click to show/hide)

And lastly one I've been working on for ages, a custom scabbard based loosely on the Dagor Bragollach/Nirnaeth Arnoediad from the Silmarillion:

The script reads "aure entuluva" in the Quenya mode, which was Húrin's war cry at the latter battle. It's made of charred pine, with solder inlay and perfectly regular bailing wire and a polyurethane lacquer. Materials cost 0.00 (offcut wood, I have tons of solder and wire, I don't use much lacquer so it's just... always around), time cost quite a few more hours than planned, tools cost... yeah, I sometimes do these projects in antique purist mode with an axe, a knife, and a spokeshave, but not this time. I don't think I'll ever do inlay without a Dremel.

It looks somewhat anachronistic with the modern fencing epee, but meh. My sword, my scabbard. It's a good deal nicer than the PVC tube with a string duct taped on I was using before.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12071 on: June 24, 2021, 03:29:29 pm »

And lastly one I've been working on for ages, a custom scabbard based loosely on the Dagor Bragollach/Nirnaeth Arnoediad from the Silmarillion:

Aw cool. Love the concept, love the execution!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12072 on: June 25, 2021, 01:52:48 pm »

Aw cool. Love the concept, love the execution!

I like this alot :D
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12073 on: June 25, 2021, 08:44:47 pm »

I too have been very busy with other work (of the backbreaking manual kind), which has left me no time for my usual artistic outlet (writing).
On the other hand, I've had a surge of creative interest in drawing, which resulted in these little sketches:
A couple gods/hero-ancestors for a setting I've been thinking about. Mostly I wanted to see what a human figure with antlers would look like.

@ Quaksna: The dedication you've put into your frog-lore astounds me. I'd be keen on reading some details of your languages. I have some linguistics training, and a personal interest in languages and conlangs, so I'd love to see what you've worked out, if you're okay sharing it (if not, I also understand)!

I haven't worked on my own conlang for many months - everything's been put on hold while the book gets finished, which might be this year or not.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Zombiejunk

• Bay Watcher
  • The Humanoid Must Not Escape!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12074 on: June 27, 2021, 04:33:00 pm »

I really have no idea what in the fresh hell am I doing

Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 846