Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 796

Author Topic: if self.isCoder(): post() #Programming Thread  (Read 886885 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: if self.isCoder(): post() #Programming Thread
« Reply #9330 on: April 15, 2016, 02:30:14 am »

Anybody else competing in this month's Ludum Dare game jam? If you've got the better part of a weekend, and want to see if you can make a game from scratch in 48 or 72 hours, I'd highly recommend it. It's very newbie-friendly, the participants are a great group of folks, and it's a pretty excellent source of feedback! If you're interested, theme voting is still open, and the jam-proper starts in about 16 hours.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9331 on: April 15, 2016, 03:33:38 am »

(and frequently vectors are structures or classes that hold two to four floating point variables named x, y z, w.  ;))
Har Har Har, what are you, a mathematician? :P
4x4 floating point matrices are used heavily in graphics processing. The w lets you represent division, among other things. (Each row is obviously a vector.)

Coincidentally, I happen to be writing my own renderer for a graphics class. The matrix library is done, now I've got to do the ray-tracing.
It's going along much better than my AI class assignment (heuristics,) which I'm probably going to fail.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 03:39:00 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9332 on: April 15, 2016, 04:42:41 am »

Anybody else competing in this month's Ludum Dare game jam? If you've got the better part of a weekend, and want to see if you can make a game from scratch in 48 or 72 hours, I'd highly recommend it. It's very newbie-friendly, the participants are a great group of folks, and it's a pretty excellent source of feedback! If you're interested, theme voting is still open, and the jam-proper starts in about 16 hours.

Some of the topics seem quite fun.

(I have never ever finished a game before, probably why I wouldn't participate ._.)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9333 on: April 15, 2016, 05:01:47 am »

I might try, but I doubt I'd be able to finish.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #9334 on: April 15, 2016, 06:00:19 am »

I won't do anything myself, but if someone wants me to lend a hand with an existing project I'd be interested
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9335 on: April 15, 2016, 06:09:31 am »

I won't do anything myself, but if someone wants me to lend a hand with an existing project I'd be interested
I'm probably too much of a scrub to be much help (plus I don't have a lot of free time right now), but I would still be interested in hearing what you're working on.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9336 on: April 15, 2016, 06:09:57 am »

I might try.  I need something for a portfolio anyway...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9337 on: April 15, 2016, 06:47:19 am »

I keep meaning to do this and then keep not doing it. I really should do it this time.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9338 on: April 15, 2016, 10:38:49 am »

I think I'm gonna do it.

Spoiler: possible themes (click to show/hide)

Some themes don't really inspire me, but eh :/

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9339 on: April 15, 2016, 02:07:13 pm »

Yeah, LD Themes are not always great, but the ones that leave any room for creative interpretation often don't matter. Also, if it helps, a simple 72-hour Team LD game was the first thing I ever completed as an indie, and while I was still learning. Everything else had been stuck in Dev Limbo before that. I didn't finish what I hoped too, but it was an excellent experience just to see that I could set an intention, and Just Shia LaBeouf It.

Don't let ur dreams b dreams!

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9340 on: April 15, 2016, 04:25:55 pm »

Yeah, Ludum Dare seems like it would be good for actually finishing a project since it gives you a deadline to complete by. Has a thread been made for it in Other Games yet?

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9341 on: April 15, 2016, 08:07:41 pm »

Ok guys, Theme for this Ludum Dare is : Shapeshift.
:(

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9342 on: April 15, 2016, 08:09:47 pm »

It's a bit disappointing but I've got some ideas for it. Who's doing the compo and who's doing the jam? I think I'll personally go for the jam this time around.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9343 on: April 15, 2016, 08:16:28 pm »

Funny; not a single theme got a positive score this time around.

Shapeshift is a toughy. I'm rolling a few vague ideas around, but I'm not sure.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9344 on: April 15, 2016, 10:00:32 pm »

This is kindof a letdown :(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 796