Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hardest Embark Sites  (Read 3566 times)

MisterLich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hardest Embark Sites
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 12:48:29 am »

Up to 1500 rejected regions :P

Lol, we'll see how fun this can get.  Hopefully I can last longer than 10 seconds.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 12:50:07 am »

It's looking funky. 9 separate massive islands all connected to each other, the main prob is the max sav. placement is making DF cry xD

MisterLich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 12:50:56 am »

It's looking funky. 9 separate massive islands all connected to each other, the main prob is the max sav. placement is making DF cry xD

And the whole world is a scorching desert?

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 12:51:24 am »

Err... here's a question regarding my glacier fort.  How come my miner won't dig down past a certain z-level now?  He just gives up at a certain level shortly below the surface of the glacier now.

EDIT:  Problem solved, I think.  For some reason he wasn't fond of digging at a certain patch of mudstone, but I moved him over a bit and he went down.
It happens at the boundary of the ice of the glacier and the stone underneath it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 12:53:05 am »

...It appears that every island is dominated by a large mountain range... And savage forests o_O

Trees ftw

MisterLich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 12:54:23 am »

...It appears that every island is dominated by a large mountain range... And savage forests o_O

Trees ftw

Sounds interesting.

MisterLich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 12:55:22 am »

Err... here's a question regarding my glacier fort.  How come my miner won't dig down past a certain z-level now?  He just gives up at a certain level shortly below the surface of the glacier now.

EDIT:  Problem solved, I think.  For some reason he wasn't fond of digging at a certain patch of mudstone, but I moved him over a bit and he went down.
It happens at the boundary of the ice of the glacier and the stone underneath it.

I see, I did notice that I was able to make him dig down into a lower frozen layer.  When he was trying to dig down into the new rock layer he wouldn't, for whatever reason.  Though that's where the glacier education ended, the skeletal yeti didn't waste any time slaughtering my dwarfs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 12:58:13 am »

Trees ftw

Sounds interesting.

I got 5000 rejects, it seems to have actually started genning down details now O_O

And in my experience, all the trees in forest biomes tend to erupt in flames.

MisterLich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 12:59:00 am »

Trees ftw

Sounds interesting.

I got 5000 rejects, it seems to have actually started genning down details now O_O

And in my experience, all the trees in forest biomes tend to erupt in flames.

Excellent.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 12:59:44 am »

Anything without either a brook or river, or without at least one weapon-grade metal. Magma vents open to the surface are pretty bad as well, but they're not so much a highly challenging embark as somewhere I don't embark in the first place.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, 01:02:56 am »

Lakes have been spread across the land like great slashes. Rivers have started dotting through the map - I've spotted one going through a volcano.

MisterLich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2012, 01:06:48 am »

Lakes have been spread across the land like great slashes. Rivers have started dotting through the map - I've spotted one going through a volcano.

I don't think I've seen a rivercano before.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2012, 01:12:24 am »

Now the world gen really has started. The rivers are multiplying. Mountains are falling into deserts and badlands. This is really turning into the apocalypse it's supposed to be >:D

MisterLich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2012, 01:14:09 am »

Now the world gen really has started. The rivers are multiplying. Mountains are falling into deserts and badlands. This is really turning into the apocalypse it's supposed to be >:D

We'll see how well dorfs survive the end of the world.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 01:16:33 am »

Set the civ start to 100 for the lulz ;p

Considering there are more mountains than plains, Dorfs might actually be able to beat the humans in world gen.
Pages: 1 [2] 3