Poll

Can this poll be removed?

Nope :p
- 7 (28%)
Hahaha you funny man!
- 18 (72%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Chapter Two: Lucid  (Read 20143 times)

PokemonRocks85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Awakening (A Suggestion Game)
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2012, 10:41:50 am »

Go infront of zomara because of my strong scales

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2012, 03:52:43 am »

I'm going on holidays for the next week, starting tomorrow, and won't be able to post.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 04:01:39 am by fergus »
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2012, 07:24:35 am »

try to touch the glow source. or hit it, actually.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2012, 09:17:39 am »

Keep firing while closing to distract as much as possible, or do as much damage as possible while it's focused on Zomara.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2012, 11:48:29 pm »

Update, aLong with a field again, should be coming tomorrow, until Fergus returns/battle ends, his character will be automated.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2012, 09:31:19 pm »

Zomara sped across the ground towards the bookstore and looked inside.  Inside was a perfect replica of the battle scene they had been observing before they were sent here, Isolde emitting the faint glow that had brought them there.

Meanwhile outside; The Miner swung his pick towards the creatures face, but it twisted out of the way with ease, what it failed to notice however was Fergus stabbing his sword towards the fresh wound caused by the rock.  The blade sunk deep into the creature until Fergus had his hand in the inside of the creature's skull.  Before he could blink the creature spun around and kicked him, to little effect, then it raised its hand towards Fergus, much as it had done at Zomara.  He went flying through the air losing grip of his sword, leaving it lodged inside the thing.  Then Strife fired.  The shell hit the creature square on and it fell to the ground, finally defeated.

Your vision flickers and wavers.  Suddenly you are seeing through Isolde's eyes again. 

Sarac staggered backwards as if he had hit by a heavy weight, his eyes wide with shock.  "Grish, how did you fail? I cannot understa--" With a loud bang Sarac's sentence was cut short.  The man was lying on the floor with his pistol pointed towards Isolde.  Her vision began to black out, and she felt her head.  There was a hole going straight into her forehead and coming out the other side.  Then everything went black. 

And she fell.

And fell.

And fell.

Much as Lucifer falling from the heavens, she fell through endless void, nothing to tell her that she was falling, but the sense that there had to be an end.  Then, it all stopped.

Birds chirped and a cool breeze blew through her hair.  All was serene.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2012, 09:42:05 pm »

((That was still one hell of a blow, though. Ah well. I take it my rock helped.))
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2012, 10:10:28 pm »

Indeed it did, various things can have multipliers and modifiers on the rolls, and your rock basically allowed Fergus to double his damage, resulting in a near-finishing move. 

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2012, 10:11:03 pm »

A woman stands on the top of a mountain, its peak perfectly flat as if carved away by some giant knife.  Wind sweeps every which way and large splotches of color dot the landscape, dancing to and fro.  The woman fall to one knee and her body begins to heave.  Whether with laughter or tears you cannot tell.

I got that vision.

Uh....
What do you guys think it might mean?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2012, 11:09:21 pm »

Tiruin could not feel anything; well, as far as he knew it didn't matter.

That entity, Grish, was it? When Strife fired the final blow, everything went into Chaos...

Then, his view twisted upon itself, like staring right at a vortex-- except that, the vortex was everything around him.

Everyone and everything was reformed into a new vision, Tiruin tried to clench his fist, but did not. Only to see, and that is what he did. It seemed like being in a dream.

Quote from: What he saw
Sarac screamed at Adam, profanities spewing from his lips.  "YOU  B******!!! HOW DARE YOU!"
Adam merely laughed and pointed his gun at his own forehead.  "Better luck next time Sarac, you can't win them all!"  And with that he pulled the trigger, killing himself.  Sarac slammed his dagger into the ground and screamed, causing every window within fifty feet of him to immediately shatter, sending glass spraying glass down onto the ground.

"Wha- wha- what happened here!?"

Sarac looked up to see a young man carrying a container of hot food run over to Isolde's body. He shook her as if trying to wake her up, when he realized that there was no life left in it he sat down and simply stared at the ground blankly.

Sarac walked over to him, "She was dear to you wasn't she?"

The man nodded his head slowly, tears freely flowing down his face.

"I'm sorry that I was unable to stop him from taking her. I tried my hardest, but it wasn't enough."

The man looked up.  "Where was she taken?"

"To enslavement, soon they will wipe her mind and she will be theirs, I intend to see if I can free her."

"Let me help you! If she is still alive then I, I'll..."

"You'll do anything."  Sarac said with a grin, "Yes you can help."  Then he plunged his dagger in-between the mans ribs.

The dagger was thrust into the body, like a hot knife through butter, and then everything shifted back. Back, and into a peaceful scene.

It was tranquility, he felt at peace. But he knew something must be done.

"Isolde, Isolde! Can you hear me, erm, us? Isolde!"

He thought about the moment, he was looking through her eyes as far as he knew, but what about the others?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:12:33 am by Tiruin »

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2012, 03:37:07 am »

"Get up, soldier! You're not gone yet! GET GOING, DOUBLE TIME!"

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2012, 06:37:49 pm »

Just letting you know that this has not been abandoned.  I have mild writers block, but it is getting done, however slowly.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2012, 07:23:05 pm »

Just letting you know that this has not been abandoned.  I have mild writers block, but it is getting done, however slowly.
((had a bit of that myself, yesterday.))
Concentrate. Do you feel dead? if not. raise your right hand. if so, raise the left.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2012, 10:19:28 pm »

Isolde, Isolde! Can you hear me, erm, us? Isolde!

Concentrate. Do you feel dead? if not. raise your right hand. if so, raise the left.

Get up, soldier! You're not gone yet! GET GOING, DOUBLE TIME!

Isolde sat straight up, looking around nervously she could have sworn that she had heard someone yelling.  She looked around to discover that she was in the middle of a perfectly circular grove of trees. Above her the sky was a light aquamarine blue, with a single cloud drifting lazily across it,  she was sitting on top of a small irregularly-shaped mound in the center of the grove, which she discovered when she turned around, was not in a perfect circle after all. 
Directly behind her a small road, paved with light-gray stones that had moss filling in the spaces between them, cut straight into the circle and continued on into the forest surrounding her, until it was out of sight.  After deliberating for a little bit, it appeared that there was nothing else to do so she decided to follow the path. 

Walking down the path was similar to walking down a tunnel, as the trees formed an effective roof overhead, only letting in the occasional shaft of light, as well as forming a thick barrier on either side. All around her the forest was relatively silent except for the occasional chirp from a bird. 
She walked for several minutes, seeing nothing but forest ahead of her.  Eventually though, she heard the faint sound of someone whistling a cheery tune down the road, she quickened her pace.  After a little more walking, a man came into view.  He was sitting inside of a clearing looked rather like an inlet into the impenetrable barrier of the forest, and he was seated on top of a small flattened stump, smoothed by the long passage of time.  The man himself had an ageless look to him; he had white thin hair, but a young face and body.  He was dressed in a simple cloth dress that rather looked like he had poked holes in a pillow case and slipped it over his head.

As Isolde approached the man abruptly stopped whistling, and turned to face her.  Tilting his head to the side, he smiled kindly and said, "Ah, a new arrival, so nice to see a new face around here.  It has been so long since Adam arrived, I almost thought that we were never going to receive a new arrival."

"Who are you?" Isolde asked stepping closer slowly.

He chuckled, "I'm no one of importance just the watchman here, since I'm not much good for anything else since the incident, you're lucky to have caught me in one of my moments of clarity, I..." He stopped abruptly and shook himself like a dog, "Oh dear, I'm afraid that it hasn't lasted long. I apologize that we weren't able to speak longer..."  Suddenly his eyes glazed over and the corona and pupils of his eyes became as white as the surrounding eye, giving him the eerie look that he was looking off into infinity.  Suddenly he began to speak, his voice sounded the same, but somehow, it carried more power.

You will die many deaths before all is said and done
and your Soul shall be un-spun
before the Two are once again One
and when the dragon breaks his chains
your Final death shall come

The words, were no different from any others, bu something made them imprint themselves on her eyelids, and she was unable to forget about them.  Suddenly Isolde felt a hand on her shoulder, and she spun around.  Behind her was an older woman who looked to be in her sixties, she had brown hair and wore what must have been casual clothing in ages past: a simple light-brown dress with very little adornment.

"Ah you've finally arrived.  If you could come this way, I'm sure you're very confused right now.  It's a shame that Appolon couldn't see your arrival, he was so looking forward to meeting someone new."

"If he's Appolon," Isolde said pointing at the man on the stump, "Then he did, he was fine when I arrived here but then..."

The older woman sighed and lowered her head, "It's a shame that his mind is always somewhere else now."

"What happened to him?"

"We attempted to combine his soul with a Spirit, to try to gain control over the visions the Spirits receive occasionally  but it backfired and now his mind is trapped somewhere where we can't find it most of the time...  But this must make no sense to you, come along now, its not that far to the town."

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:21:19 pm by Phantom of The Library »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2012, 11:20:34 pm »

((Title Suggestion: A Tale: Born from dreams

Also, that was a well-thought out plot turn there.  :D ))

Isolde? Can you recognize our voices?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19