Poll

Can this poll be removed?

Nope :p
- 7 (28%)
Hahaha you funny man!
- 18 (72%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Chapter Two: Lucid  (Read 20100 times)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Two: Lucid
« Reply #255 on: May 02, 2012, 08:48:49 pm »

Approach it Isolde.

Ask it what it is.

well hi

Slowly. This is a test of some sort, you know.

Isolde takes a cautious step forward towards the figure.  As if in response the figure raises its arm revealing a hand that looks like the wireframe model of a hand, the shape outlined by sharp, black lines, but in-between there is nothing, save for empty space. 

The figure slowly points a single finger directly at her face.  Then, almost painfully slowly, it brings the same hand over where its heart would be and makes a fist.  Taking the cue that she is supposed to imitate it she puts her hand over her heart and then looked down at it.  There seemed to be a bright light shining out in all directions from inside her hand, making her skin almost see-through and sending shafts of light out of every crack.  She holds her hand out and opens it releasing the light which obscures everything for a moment, then coalesces into a large rod hovering over her hand.  The light shatters and falls apart revealing a broadsword with an ornate basket-hilt.  It falls down and Isolde grabs the hilt reflexively and brings it up in front of her.  The blade is smooth, bright, and silver, the edge is so sharp it appears to disappear into the air as it approaches it.  The basket covering the hilt is perforated with images of leaves and vines surrounding a dragon which lies on the length on of the basket. 

She looks up to see that the figure possesses a copy of the blade, which like its hand is only the outline with no solid matter between the lines.  The raven on the figures shoulder gives and echoing caw and flies off.  Without warning the figure flies forward and slashes at her. Isolde quickly brings her blade into the other’s path and shoves it away, sending the figure flying backwards.  It spins around and with a wave of its hand sends the ground flying forward, rising up like a wave to crash over her.  Instinctively she raises the blade so that it is perpendicular to the ground. 

FORCE OF MIND

The wave splits before her as if it is crashing into the front of a ship.  Then with a twirl of the blade it parts as before Moses revealing a clear path to the figure which charges down the path and the two clash blades again.  Isolde shoves the first slash, aimed at her stomach away and stabs forward.  The figure twists out of the way and flips into the air coming down on her from above.  She rolls forward hitting the ground and flips herself over to see the figure coming down on top of her, robes flapping out and blade raised.  The blade flies down and Isolde’s flies up to meet it, glowing with power. 

There is a moment of silence.

Then the figure’s blade shatters and the figure itself flies backwards and plows into the ground with a loud crash, and all is once again silent. 

The figure rises again and nods its head.  Suddenly the air around Isolde begins to fall apart, breaking into runes which return to the walls and ceiling.

Everything was the same again; save for one thing, the blade was still there in her hand.  And there was something else, something undefined and different about everything now, like everything was in clearer focus, only not.  She looked at the blade for a few moments, then heard a creak as the second door in the room opened slowly. 
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 02, 2012, 08:50:24 pm »

PTW.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:52:05 pm by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 02, 2012, 09:19:40 pm »

Turn and identify them. Ready yourself for anything.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 03, 2012, 07:27:56 am »

"Hold firm, Isolde. That was some prowess you demonstrated there, but keep your wits about you."

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 16, 2012, 09:38:22 pm »

PTW.

Turn and identify them. Ready yourself for anything.

"Hold firm, Isolde. That was some prowess you demonstrated there, but keep your wits about you."

Thank you. I'll try to. 

As the Spirit sugested she turned around slowly to see who was opening the door.  There was no one visible there, so she walked up to it and seeing no one immediately on the other side, she walked through the door and into a room much larger than the one she had just left.  The ceiling sloped up and away from the door she hand entered through until it finally flattened out dozens of feet up in the air.  The room itself was wide and shaped much like a larger version of the one she had just left.  The only major difference being that there were large slits high up on the walls letting in letting in large blocks of light that fell on the floor and revealed that it really was a light blue, and not mearly colored that way from the glow of the braziers.  In the center of the room was another circle, except this one had two cushions upon it and there was someone sitting on the second. 

It was a youngish looking girl, perhaps somewhere in-between twelve and fourteen, possibly fifteen.  She wore a too-large white tunic that had little ornament on it besides a simple robe tied around her waist, like the room the rope was a light, sky-blue in color.  Perhaps the most striking thing about her was the fact that her hair was white, not quite shining, but somewhere close, and as she approached Isolde saw that the girl’s eyes were a strange shade of almost electric blue as well.  Her eyes slightly unsettled Isolde, besides the unusual color of the irises, the pupils were not black, but a shade of very dark blue, and if one looked close enough, even the whites of her eyes were not truly white, but rather a very light shade of the same color which seemed to permeate everything in the building. 

Greetings young one, would you please sit down?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 09:43:34 pm by Phantom of The Library »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 16, 2012, 09:40:40 pm »

"Wait, what is this? ... She seems trustworthy. Take a seat.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 16, 2012, 09:49:08 pm »

Approach cautiously, and keep your eyes - both physical and non - open.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 17, 2012, 07:59:00 am »

She is far older than she looks. I wounder how old, though. And why is it that she looks so young.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 17, 2012, 01:24:27 pm »

"Introduce yourself Isolde, go on. Let's not be rude."

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 18, 2012, 04:47:06 pm »

Tallyho! Dive right in and take this new test, Isolde! You did so smashingly on the last, after all!
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 24, 2012, 04:41:35 pm »

"Wait, what is this? ... She seems trustworthy. Take a seat.

Approach cautiously, and keep your eyes - both physical and non - open.

"Introduce yourself Isolde, go on. Let's not be rude."

Tallyho! Dive right in and take this new test, Isolde! You did so smashingly on the last, after all!

She is far older than she looks. I wounder how old, though. And why is it that she looks so young.

I am far older than you or the worlds you hail from Spirits, you can be assured that I am benevolent.

Isolde almost staggered back as the words hit her mind, When Hat spoke you with his mind, it was as if his words reached you through a speaker or a radio, soft and perfectly audible, but rather far off, the girl's voice seemed to tear through whatever it was that separated the physical world from the Grey Plane and forced it's way into your consciousness with barely contained force that carried with it the implication of immense power.  Steadying herself, she sat down on the cushion in front of the girl. In response she nodded her head and waved an arm through the air.  As it moved, it left a trail of images, each one different.  Some were of the arms of an older woman, some a man's, some were not even recognizable as human or even anything that would be seen on earth.  This eldritch trail of images gave the impression that the arm was moving much slower than it actually was, as Isolde's eyes had a tendency to follow the images trilling off of, instead of the arm itself.

I appear in this form, because it is the one which has proved most stable for the moment, and it is merely one extension of myself.

As she spoke a raven flew in through one of the slits near the ceiling and, giving a small caw landed on her shoulder. 

This raven is another.  I have been watching you since you were brought to the Library.

"Is Ratatoskr another?" Isolde asked, the idea rising into her mind.

As if one cue, there came a chattering from the other side of the room and Isolde looked up to see the squirrel sitting there looking very pleased with himself.  Immediately the raven leapt up, and with a loud caw, chased the Ratatoskr out of the window, the squirrel chattering merrily the entire time.
No, I'm glad to say not.  He is a free entity here, and a tad annoying at times.

"Who are you, and what is your name then?"

I am known by many names in many places, a few of which are: Ahura Mazda, Jehovah, Raven, and Ometian.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:13:38 pm by Phantom of The Library »

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 24, 2012, 05:33:38 pm »

Ask her why she is here. Actually, can she hear me directly?
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 24, 2012, 06:05:07 pm »

I  assure you, fergus it/she/he can.  You. . . . .  that means. . . . Angra Mainyu. I assume that means there is one like. . . He? It? And we seem to have missed the last part of your sentence. About the squirrel. But, as you know, by your wisdom, you have command of my respect. I am sure that we are not here just to speak. As much as I have gathered, you are holding back for our sake and, therefor, your being here is for a very important reason. And i appologize if I seem scattered. one of your names, that you chose to mention, is seldom heard where I am. . . . . from.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 24, 2012, 06:14:45 pm »

((The cut-off during the sentence about Ratatoskr wasn't purposeful and has been fixed, thanks for pointing it out to me Zomara))

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 24, 2012, 08:47:50 pm »

Jehovah? Hm. So, what is it you wish to speak with us about?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19