Poll

Can this poll be removed?

Nope :p
- 7 (28%)
Hahaha you funny man!
- 18 (72%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: Chapter Two: Lucid  (Read 20101 times)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: An Awakening (A Forum Game)
« Reply #240 on: March 23, 2012, 07:59:40 pm »

Yes. I wish to appologize to her.

Yes, allow us to speak with her once more. But also, I have one question. You said that we were formed from her essence, so does that mean that we are fragments of her personality?

Well. As long as some people realize that sometimes the overly-florid lunatic has a point, hmm?

"Everyone has a point, lunatics are not excluded from that. Though sharp points they make.
I, too, wish to know what was meant by 'from her essence', does this carry any unfortunate implications if one of us would decide to betray her? Not saying I would, of course. And I remember earlier that Terra stated something about our power to aid her.
*Memory*
And, Isolde, I apologize for firstly and subtly trying to introduce you to your...death. Had I (we) known that, we would've abstained until the right time.

Pish tosh! I knew Isolde would be able to handle it! Comes from good strong stock, our girl does! Up and about in no time! And... I say, this tea is rather good...
Ahem! Yes, yes, I think it would be good for Isolde to continue hearing us. How else would we be able to impart our timeless wisdom in her moments of need?

Sure.
...How do you know if the tea's good if you don't actually drink it?

If we see through Isolde's eyes, then clearly we must be capable of smelling things through her nose! And should Isolde actually drink this fine beverage, why then should not my own thirst be thereby slaked? Which is another reason Isolde should be made to hear us again, so we can tell her to drink the bloody tea already!

The removal of the barrier will take a moment, so I will summarize what we talked about to her while removing it and answer your latest question. No you are not fragments of her personality, your Essence is formed from part of her soul yes, but your personalities and minds are your own.  Where you come from you understand better than I can.  I have had Spirits attempt to explain to me where they come from before, but the knowledge flees from my mind before it even settles in.  It almost seems that the universe itself is stopping us from understanding for our own good. 

If one of you decided to betray her now it would have a devastating effect, due to her mind not yet as strong as it will be, however there is no opportunity at the moment for such a betrayal to occur, and by the time that any opportunity could arise her soul will be strong enough to the point that it wouldn't be devastating.  It would also depend on the manner of your betrayal, should you choose to leave taking your Essence with you then it will have a much greater effect.

As he speaks to you Hat relays everything that had has been told to you while she was unconscious or otherwise unable to hear what you were being told. When he finishes with both, he is silent for a few seconds, then suddenly there is a small popping noise and it's as if cotton that you had forgotten was stuck in your ears has been removed.  Your last comments echo in as the barrier dissipates and Isolde laughs at the argument between Cerol and The Miner.

The squirrel, taking advantage of her distraction, leapt forward and leans over her cup as if he were trying to take a drink. Hat immediately waves a hand at him shooing him away, "Ratatoskr!  If you want some tea, just ask, don't steal our guest's!"

The squirrel turned toward him and gave him a miffed look before jumping off the table and scurrying around the corner, where Isolde heard him running up a flight of stairs.

"I apologize for him, he never seems to learn any manners."

"Um... Don't worry about it I guess? He is a squirrel, right?"

"And a lousy gossip, you would think that after living for thousands of years he would pick up a few polite habits, but alas.  I'll leave you here to converse with your Spirits for a little while.  Da'at tells me that a new book has arrived and I'm anxious to see what it is."  With that he stood up and walked around the same corner that Ratatoskr had scurried around and Isolde heard him walk up the stairs as well.

Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 23, 2012, 10:35:26 pm »

I say! That's an improvement! Good to see you can hear us again, Isolde! Now do hurry and have a drink, please, before that tea-filching rodent makes a second pass!
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 23, 2012, 11:12:21 pm »

((Listening to background music as you write helps a lot for me. Especially when it jives with the mood. *sniff*ShadowoftheColossus*sniff*))

Glad to see us (all) talking again Isolde! Hat, squirrels have names here? Are they...actually spirits or something that we don't know?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 24, 2012, 08:57:32 pm »

Long irrelevant speech, move along, nothing to see here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:25:34 pm by Phantom of The Library »

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 31, 2012, 01:44:09 pm »

I say! That's an improvement! Good to see you can hear us again, Isolde! Now do hurry and have a drink, please, before that tea-filching rodent makes a second pass!

Glad to see us (all) talking again Isolde! Hat, squirrels have names here? Are they...actually spirits or something that we don't know?

You hear the sound of Hat laughing from above.
No, just him, Ratatoskr is unique.

Isolde, conversed with the Spirits a little while longer while drinking the tea, then went back to sleep.  This time her dreams were undisturbed and peaceful.

End of Chapter One: An Awakening

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:12:32 pm by Phantom of The Library »

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Chapter Two: Lucid
« Reply #245 on: April 16, 2012, 10:34:34 pm »

Chapter Two: Lucid

The days went by at a sluggish pace, each blending into the next as Isolde lay in the house with little to do besides converse with her Spirits and occasionally Hat who seemed to run the place, or at least had a large part in it. 

During the times that Hat was gone Isolde spent most of her time in the upstairs library, where hundreds of books where stacked on shelf after shelf until they reached the roof.  The entire library seemed to take up more space than it should have been able to with dozens of shelves forming spiraling paths away from a central area where the stairs came up.  There were several comfortable chairs and desks as well as a marble podium in the very center where it seemed books seemed to materialize at whim, indeed once a leather-bound volume in a language that looked similar to Spanish or Portuguese  appeared right before her eyes, she didn’t bother asking Hat about it. She knew what his answer would be, she wasn’t recovered enough to be graced with the knowledge. The entire central area was slightly tilted so that the light from a large set of stained glass windows filtered down onto the chairs and tables. She often looked out the stained glass into the large clearing.  There was rarely anyone there save the Indian woman who she came to learn was Vani and two older men.  The books in the library themselves came in all shapes, materials, and languages.  Here and there even a stone tablet could be found. 

One day as she was flipping through a small paperback she thought she had seen in a bookstore once, she heard two steps of footsteps coming up the stairs.  One she recognized as Hat’s and the other she was unfamiliar with.  The trapdoor in the floor opened up and Hat climbed out followed by a man with extremely heavy features which gave him a permanently angry look, reddish skin, and shoulder-length, straight, black hair.  He immediately marched over to Isolde and before she could react grabbed her face with both hands and placed one finger on her forehead, moving it around in a pattern.  She felt a slight heat where his finger had passed by and just as abruptly as he had come forward he turned around and slumped into one of the chairs.

“She has fully recovered.” He muttered kneading his forehead with his knuckles.

“Thank you.” Hat said bowing to him, “I thought as much, but I wasn’t sure, so I decided to call on you.”

“Hhhmph. You could have done it yourself, you are much better at that sort of thing than I am.”

“I could have, but it’s better to have a second opinion.”  He turned around, “Isolde, this is Cipac, Cipac you already know of Isolde.”

Isolde stood up and walked forward to shake Cipac’s hand.  He simply looked at it and continued kneading his forehead.  “I do not shake hands.”

“You’ll have to forgive Cipac, he just came back from another world and he's still recovering.”

Cipac grunted, "There were three from the Third-Tier there, I managed to kill two, but one escaped, I don't think they were looking for anything specific though."

"Still an impressive feat taking down three at once."

"Hmpph, they would have killed me if Aegis and Screan hadn't broken one's mind and given me an opening." He stood up turned around. "You should take her as soon as possible, we need everyone we can get."

Hat sighed again and motioned for Isolde to follow.  They walked down the stairs and out the front door for the first time.  She took a moment to examine the door which had stood between her and the outside for the past weeks and then with a deep breath followed Hat out. 

Immediately she felt a small tremor in the air and her head began to ache as if she had eaten something extremely cold, but it passed quickly, fading away to nothingness in a matter of seconds. 

"Where are we going?" She asked Hat jogging a bit to catch up.

Hat turned around and looked at her straight in the eyes. "To awaken your powers."

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Two: Lucid
« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2012, 12:26:07 am »

Oh my, Isolde! This should be jolly exciting! Who knows what majestic abilities you might gain! I'm positively giddy with anticipation!
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 17, 2012, 12:54:32 am »

Yes, let us go forth and obtain our powers!
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 17, 2012, 06:57:25 am »

((This was the Prologue? Epic.))

"You're quite the reader, Isolde! The last book was finished before I could even see a single page!

I'm glad you're improving, let's get ready to face the Worlds now."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 17, 2012, 07:15:26 am »

It seems like you might get to join us, in a sense. Cool.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 20, 2012, 09:23:47 pm »

Oh my, Isolde! This should be jolly exciting! Who knows what majestic abilities you might gain! I'm positively giddy with anticipation!

Yes, let us go forth and obtain our powers!

"You're quite the reader, Isolde! The last book was finished before I could even see a single page!
I'm glad you're improving, let's get ready to face the Worlds now."

It seems like you might get to join us, in a sense. Cool.

Isolde chuckled and returned her attention to where they were going.  The Big House, as she had nicknamed it, was directly across from the path that she had first entered the clearing from; the mound with the water-running through it was at a ninety degree angle to both, on the right side of the Big House.  Directly across the clearing was another, smaller, path which was hardly noticeable unless you were specifically looking for it.  Hat brushed aside a few branches that were obscuring the entrance. 

They walked along wordlessly for a few minutes, and eventually Hat spoke up, “It’s rare that we go back here, there are only a few occasions which call for it.”

“What exactly is back here?”

“Several things, the Caves, a grave, and our destination: The Temple.” As he spoke they came upon a three-way fork in the road and he gestured to each in turn. “The path to the left leads to the Caves, the middle to the grave, and the right is the one we’ll be taking.”

“A grave?”

“Indeed, the only one this world has.”

“Whose is it?”

“A great man’s, you wouldn’t know his name, but don’t worry about it. We’re already here.” 

They walked out of the path at last, Hat brushing aside more branches than had covered the first entrance.  With the branches gone Isolde was able to see what could be seen of the structure, the entire thing was covered in moss and vines that made it blend into the trees which grew so close to it that in some places they were flattened against its sides, causing the entire thing to seem as if it were melting out of the forest. The entrance itself was flat and made out of white marble with a bronze brazier on either side.  The small fires in the braziers were  tinted a sky-blue and cast a flickering glow over the door, which seemed to form symbols of some sort, but they were too faint if they were to be sure that they were more than flickers of light.

Hat strode purposefully up to the doors and opened one with a low bow, gesturing for Isolde to proceed.  The inside seemed to also be cast in a sky-blue light similar to the flames burning on either side of the Temple.  She cautiously walked through the doors and into the Temple.   

The moment she crossed the threshold, she heard a raven caw, and Hat closed the door behind her, sealing her inside.  She panicked momentarily then calmed herself down, that bird was the first she had heard since she had arrived, it seemed strange that it would make itself known at the very moment that she had been sealed in.  There was no use in this line of thinking though, so she knocked it out of her mind and took a closer look at her surroundings. 

She was in a perfectly square room with a door on either side and a small circle raised out of the center that had a small pillow on it.  At each corner of the room was a tall pedestal with a blue-flaming brazier on it giving the room a very eerie feeling.  This was not helped at all by the fact that the stone of the walls and ceiling were decorated with runes that seemed to be slowly moving; although you didn’t notice unless you looked away for a moment or watched one near the edge.

Taking the cue that the pillow represented she walked over to it and sat down on it. 

The instant she did so the runes on the walls and ceiling jumped to life and off the surfaces that they had been sitting on.  They span around her until each rune began to blend into the next and she was surrounded by gray. 

Then all motion stopped.

She stands on a flat gray plane, around her there is nothingness, above her there is nothingness. The only way to tell the sky from the ground is the difference in shades of gray. She stand there for several seconds, unsure of what to do.

There seems to be nothing to do... 

Nothing. 

That's what this place is... Only now she knows its name.

The Grey Plane.

As if responding to her thoughts something rises up out of the plain, like a fish leaping from water in slow motion.  It stands there cloaked in blue with a raven on one shoulder.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:29:58 pm by Phantom of The Library »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 21, 2012, 12:50:53 am »

"Approach it Isolde."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 01:20:32 am by Tiruin »

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 21, 2012, 01:04:42 am »

Ask it what it is.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 21, 2012, 01:41:32 am »

well hi
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 21, 2012, 11:22:48 am »

Slowly. This is a test of some sort, you know.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19