Poll

Can this poll be removed?

Nope :p
- 7 (28%)
Hahaha you funny man!
- 18 (72%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: Chapter Two: Lucid  (Read 20117 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: An Awakening (A Suggestion Game)
« Reply #225 on: February 21, 2012, 11:28:20 pm »

Riiiiiight, cash, riiiiiiight.
So, hello I guess Hat.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 22, 2012, 01:05:52 am »

How is it possible for you to talk to us directly?
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 22, 2012, 08:10:13 am »

I am wondering the same thing as my two sane companions. Also, Are you or were you human?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 24, 2012, 09:52:51 pm »

"Well, that's a relief. We can't mistakenly hurt her now. Um, no offense there.
So, about the Grey Plane, can a Spirit -us- travel there willingly?

Are you unique in the ability to seal minds and communicate directly with the spirits of others?

Riiiiiight, cash, riiiiiiight.
So, hello I guess Hat.

How is it possible for you to talk to us directly?

I am wondering the same thing as my two sane companions. Also, Are you or were you human?

I am most certainly human, I would name what nation I'm from, but its unlikely that any of you are familiar with it, it's long since faded from the memory of man or even most Spirits.  Every one of the special souls has access to certain super-human powers, it comes from the fact that we are slightly separated from the worlds so we can ignore some of their rules, some of peoples abilities are stronger than others.

Mine happens to be any thing to do with the mind, among other things I am the only human here that can communicate directly to the Grey Plane and other's Spirits without their companions permission.  I can read minds, but its fairly difficult and I prefer not to, besides it's an invasion of other's privacy. 

There is one other here who has the same powers as me, but they can hardly be called human, and there is little that they can't do.  There may be someone locked in the Caves that has similar powers, but so far we haven't discovered any that can.

As for the ability to travel to the Grey Plane freely, you most certainly do have the ability, in fact you aren't even bound to Isolde in any special way, there are certain benefits for staying with the person you first formed from, but you are by no means bound to her, the only thing stopping you from leaving right now would be the fact that you aren't quite strong enough yet to survive the journey through the open spaces of the Grey Plane that it would require.

Isolde watched him pour the tea. "I guess it's nice to meet you Hat.  Where am I?"

"You're in the living room of the library here that also happens to be my house, I'm going to assume you want orange pekoe," he said pulling a small handmade teabag out of one of the pots and putting it into the cup, "Do you remember any of what happened before?"

"A- a little, mostly just arriving here, then talking to Appollon, I think his name was, and then-" Suddenly she stops and puts her hand on her forehead.

"There, there" Hat said, "You don't need to worry, while your in this house you don't need to worry about the pain again, and you'll learn to control it soon enough.  Do you have any hard feelings for the Spirits?"

"No, I don't think that they meant any harm, most of them didn't seem deliberately harmful."

« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:39:43 am by Phantom of The Library »
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 24, 2012, 11:20:18 pm »

What sort of benifits? And why would a journey through the grey plane kill us?
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 24, 2012, 11:34:29 pm »

Hm, if we can shift from person to person, I'm staying with Isolde then. I'm still curious about her; she piques my interests so to speak, in a good way.

Hey, wait. Two sane companions zomara?

Anyway, I am also curious on what the other voice says. Doesn't Isolde have some power of her own? And please tell Isolde for us that we are grateful of her forgiveness.

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 25, 2012, 12:41:08 am »

Well. It seems we're just the big fish in a small pond. There must be sharks in that grey water.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: An Awakening (A Forum Game)
« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2012, 04:59:49 pm »

What sort of benifits? And why would a journey through the grey plane kill us?

Well. It seems we're just the big fish in a small pond. There must be sharks in that grey water.

Hm, if we can shift from person to person, I'm staying with Isolde then. I'm still curious about her; she piques my interests so to speak, in a good way.
Hey, wait. Two sane companions zomara?
Anyway, I am also curious on what the other voice says. Doesn't Isolde have some power of her own? And please tell Isolde for us that we are grateful of her forgiveness.

Imagine being thrown into outer space without a space suit, now, imagine that the vacuum of outer space also possesses a near sentient mind and the desire to rip you apart into your most basic components.  You have that clearly in mind?  Now, in addition as Cash said there is the occasional Other floating around, but they are extremely rare, and you will only attract their attention if you have a strong enough essence to make it worth them snacking on you. 

As for the benefits of staying with Isolde, everything is a bit easier because you know the landscape, so to speak, in addition, because your essence was originally formed from Isolde, she cannot block you from viewing the world through her eyes or view her thoughts, whereas another that you inhabit may. 

Isolde's powers have not yet been developed or awakened, it is very possible for her to develop them herself, but we can make the process easier.

"They do apologize for what they did, they only know or have realized what they know, as much as you."

"Wait, you mean? Are you listening to them? And why can't I hear them any more? I mean I'm not exactly complaining but..."

"I have sealed your mind from them for the time being, as I wasn't sure how you'd react, if you want I can lift the barrier.  Sugar or no sugar?" 

"Sugar please, I suppose you can lift it, I don't really see any reason not to..."

Hat opened another pot and added in a few small spoonfuls as he spoke, "It will take a minute or so and I will have to ask their opinion first, but I will do so.  Afterwards I will fill you in on a few things."
Do you wish to speak with Isolde again?

« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 05:02:47 pm by Phantom of The Library »
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2012, 05:37:04 pm »

Yes. I wish to appologize to her.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2012, 08:37:02 pm »

Yes, allow us to speak with her once more. But also, I have one question. You said that we were formed from her essence, so does that mean that we are fragments of her personality?

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 28, 2012, 10:04:33 pm »

Well. As long as some people realize that sometimes the overly-florid lunatic has a point, hmm?
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 28, 2012, 10:35:42 pm »

((Writing is hard to do, you do it well!))

"Everyone has a point, lunatics are not excluded from that. Though sharp points they make.

I, too, wish to know what was meant by 'from her essence', does this carry any unfortunate implications if one of us would decide to betray her? Not saying I would, of course. And I remember earlier that Terra stated something about our power to aid her.

*Memory*

And, Isolde, I apologize for firstly and subtly trying to introduce you to your...death. Had I (we) known that, we would've abstained until the right time.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 10:45:59 pm by Tiruin »

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 01, 2012, 07:56:36 pm »

Pish tosh! I knew Isolde would be able to handle it! Comes from good strong stock, our girl does! Up and about in no time! And... I say, this tea is rather good...

Ahem! Yes, yes, I think it would be good for Isolde to continue hearing us. How else would we be able to impart our timeless wisdom in her moments of need?
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 01, 2012, 08:57:03 pm »

Sure.
...How do you know if the tea's good if you don't actually drink it?

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 01, 2012, 09:15:45 pm »

If we see through Isolde's eyes, then clearly we must be capable of smelling things through her nose! And should Isolde actually drink this fine beverage, why then should not my own thirst be thereby slaked? Which is another reason Isolde should be made to hear us again, so we can tell her to drink the bloody tea already!
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19