Poll

Can this poll be removed?

Nope :p
- 7 (28%)
Hahaha you funny man!
- 18 (72%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: Chapter Two: Lucid  (Read 20118 times)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: An Awakening (A Suggestion Game)
« Reply #210 on: February 16, 2012, 09:19:50 pm »

Alright, if not by tomorrow, the hiatus should be over by the time the weekend is.  Hopefully earlier.

Thanks for the support everyone.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2012, 10:01:21 pm »

Alright, if not by tomorrow, the hiatus should be over by the time the weekend is.  Hopefully earlier.

"We've been waiting for eternity, what is one more to us?"

;D

Non-canon.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 17, 2012, 08:00:20 am »

*Childish arm flailing* WOOOO!!!! ALRIGHT!!!
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2012, 12:48:49 am »

"In that case, those cracks you have been repairing would be the same that barrier is the same barrer that is keeping us. . . . . alive, for lack of a better word. Is it cracking because of us, and how can we help you?" *Goes to help the injured fool up*

I see...
I agree with zomara. Let us help you keep this place intact, if we can.

So you're saying our ward was the target of some form of interdimensional slaver cartel?
*ROAR!*
This shall not stand!
But wait! Now that Isolde has... passed on successfully, does this mean she is no longer in danger from these fiends? And why were they so keen on grabbing her in the first place? This was no random shanghai attempt!

One more question. How dangerous are Sarac and Garish? On a scale of one to one hundred?

Well, at least we know Teh would live. Pain is still relative, it seems. At least now I- we, get what a willing death would have and it's consequence.

You have my hand in this, I pledge myself to Isolde's aid.

*Tiruin pauses for thought*
Then could we be taught as we fix all this?

Are there any other things we should be aware of?

"For the moment there's not much you can do to help, help should be on the way soon and I have it under control for now.

There are many things you should be aware of, but now is not the place to discuss them.  For now I will say that on a scale of one to one hundred, Sarac and Grish are an eighty-one, they are on the Third Tier and arguable the most powerful on that Tier that we know of.  While you are here you do not need to worry about them, but--"  Suddenly from all directions bright green, orange, and red symbols come streaming towards the small cracks appearing everywhere, pouring into them and sealing them off.

"Help has arrived, and I take my leave," Terra said and your vision is once again pulled away from the Grey Plane.  This time when you view the world, it is not through Isolde's eyes but rather your point of view seems to be as if you were floating around her.  Kneeled around her are Sippa, Adam, and a woman who you do not recognize, all three of them are tracing symbols onto either Isolde's body or the air around her, coating her in a cocoon of colored sparks. 

Eventually they seem satisfied with their work and Adam picks Isolde up.  The three of them then walk for a short minute; eventually coming to a large clearing the size of two football fields, completely covered in cobbled stone and surrounded with small houses.  The left side of the clearing is cleanly divided in half by a large mound running from one side of the clearing and stopping in the middle at a well-like structure, further inspection reveals that there is a small stream of water running down the middle of the mound, like a thin creak or stream, which pours into the well, producing the sound of water falling that you had heard before.  The entire place has a sort of empty feel to it, as if there should be people here, talking, laughing, playing, and sharing the day, but the only sign of life, other than the smoke rising from two chimneys, is a single harp lying on the side of the well, as they pass by, the unknown woman picks it up and examines it.  Then satisfied puts it into a pouch by her side that seems specially made for it. 

You take a good look at the woman for the first time, she is fairly young, and has an Indian look about her, with slightly slanted eyes and straight black hair, as well as a darker skin tone than her companions.  She wears a simple white toga-like shift, her only other articles of clothing being the pouch which she carries for her harp, and a pearl comb in her hair pulling it back away from her face.

The three of them carry onward towards the opposite end of the clearing, where a house, slightly larger than the others sits.  Made of a dark brown wood and rising up at least three stories with stained glass windows, the house gives the impression of an old manor.  From one of the windows there is a faint light, and the silhouette of a man in a chair is visible.  The three carry Isolde up and through the front double doors and into a large living room, tastefully decorated with several armchairs and a large sofa, which they sit Isolde down upon. 

Your vision fades as you hear footsteps coming down stairs from behind.

Isolde yawned and opened her eyes.  The first thing she saw was the large squirrel sitting on top of her.  She blinked and the squirrel turned its head to the side, looking at her curiously.  Then without a sound it jumped onto her nose and right off behind her.  She sneezed and shook her head snorting trying to get the smell of squirrel foot out of her nose.  Turning around she saw the little bugger sitting on a table looking very pleased with himself.  She stood up off of the couch, wait, couch?  It suddenly occurred to her that she had no clue where she was.

She took a look around, which was open and filled with comfortable looking armchairs as well as a table stacked with books and the sofa on which she had been lying.  The walls were bare except for the occasional strange glow which appeared shimmering, rather like a spot of light being reflected of a mirror, but there was no discernible source. 

She sat down on the couch and sank right in.  It was an extremely comfortable couch, the kind that just begged you to forget that you had a perfectly fine bed in the other room.  Isolde closed her eyes for a few seconds and was about to fall back to sleep, but she was interrupted by the sound of clinking china. 

She looked up, entering the room from a side door was a man with dark skin and a shaved head, he was carrying a small tray which had a china cup and pot sitting on it as well as several small pots.  He walked over and placed the tray upon the table and moved a few books aside.  "What kind of tea do you prefer?" he asked "Black, green, or white?"

You hear his words, and immediately after you hear several more, even though his lips do not move. 

Greetings, Spirits, I welcome you to this place, you do not need to fear for Isolde's health any more, she is protected while in this house.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 20, 2012, 01:14:00 am »

Ask where we are, I guess.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 20, 2012, 01:35:19 am »

I'm assuming that you are one of the spirits that speak to the man with the tea?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 20, 2012, 05:23:07 am »

"Greeti- *cough*

. . .

"Um, sorry for that. Greetings to you too, stranger. We all thank you for giving us this warm welcome. You know of all of us then?

Can Isolde hear us or see us? Now that we're- uh, outside of her now?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 20, 2012, 11:43:08 am »

((@Tiruin: sorry, I guess I didn't make it clear, you are seeing things through her eyes again.))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 20, 2012, 05:30:54 pm »

White sound nice. I wounder if it has a bit of mint leaves mixed in.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 20, 2012, 05:49:56 pm »

I don't think it's necessary to tell her what kind of tea to take. Besides, I don't think she'll be to happy to hear from us right now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2012, 08:53:15 pm »

Ahh, silly me. I'm looking at the world from Isolde's eyes!

. . .

Isolde, if you can hear us, we do apologize for the inconvenience we've caused you...earlier.

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 20, 2012, 11:18:49 pm »

I certainly do not! My advice has been nothing but helpful, if ever it had been followed.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2012, 10:56:28 pm »

Ask where we are, I guess.

I'm assuming that you are one of the spirits that speak to the man with the tea?

"Greeti- *cough*
. . .

"Um, sorry for that. Greetings to you too, stranger. We all thank you for giving us this warm welcome. You know of all of us then?

White sound nice. I wounder if it has a bit of mint leaves mixed in.

I don't think it's necessary to tell her what kind of tea to take. Besides, I don't think she'll be to happy to hear from us right now.

Isolde, if you can hear us, we do apologize for the inconvenience we've caused you...earlier.

I certainly do not! My advice has been nothing but helpful, if ever it had been followed.

"Black, I guess."  Isolde said.  "Never had green or white tea before."

The man chuckled as he poured the water for the tea.
I am the man with the tea.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing, you can call me Hat by the way, its not the name I was born with, but it's what I usually go by now."
I have sealed her mind off from you for the time being, until I am sure how she will react.  For now, you are free to ask me any questions you want, I can keep up tow conversations at once, or if you prefer, I can have one of my Spirits talk to you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 21, 2012, 11:00:07 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

"Well, that's a relief. We can't mistakenly hurt her now. Um, no offense there.

So, about the Grey Plane, can a Spirit -us- travel there willingly?

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2012, 11:13:06 pm »

Are you unique in the ability to seal minds and communicate directly with the spirits of others?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19