Poll

Can this poll be removed?

Nope :p
- 7 (28%)
Hahaha you funny man!
- 18 (72%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: Chapter Two: Lucid  (Read 20123 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: An Awakening (A Suggestion Game)
« Reply #195 on: February 03, 2012, 04:58:25 am »

((Just a note, I love how this is going. Post-by-act and the complete mystery of it all.))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 03, 2012, 05:32:34 pm »

((agreed.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 03, 2012, 06:45:00 pm »

...Anyway... ... ... ... Now what? ..uh... Hey, I wonder if there's a phyisical ground on the Grey Plane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 03, 2012, 11:03:11 pm »

I've just had a stupid question, but forgive me for asking, can Spirits truly die?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 05, 2012, 07:04:20 pm »

{Tiruin's first post}

Personally, I wouldn't react like that to finding out I was dead, but anyway, where were we, exactly?

Pfft. I've died... Four times now, and I never took it that badly.

First, Cash, I need you to be quiet for a second. This is not about us.
Two, I would also like to know of our mortality. We were referred to as 'Spirits'. At least from my stand point, that points to us once being living, mortal, beings that obtained conditional immortality through death of our physical body.
Three, and this is my most important question yet, How did you pull us into the Gray Plane? Does it have to do with that crack you covered up, or with what I saw before.

*making "talking hand puppet" motions outside Zomara's field of vision*

How easy would it be for, say, one of us to move others into the grey plane and confront them as you have? How often do spirits eavesdrop on the conversations between other spirits? Is there a way to counteract eavesdroppers? Relative to you, we appear to be rather weak; how would we fix this? Is there an upper limit to the powers a spirit such as me could control?

Hmmm... Well, Terra, if you're familiar with how Miss Isolde arrived here, would you happen to know who those fellows fighting over her were? Are there factions we should be aware of in this place?

Wow. Way to make the suspicious lady want to shank you. "Pardon me, miss, but could you tell me how I could beat you down? I'd be ever so grateful..." *snort*

...Anyway... ... ... ... Now what? ..uh... Hey, I wonder if there's a phyisical ground on the Grey Plane.

I've just had a stupid question, but forgive me for asking, can Spirits truly die?

I think we are just sprits Tiruin and dying is not that scary atleast it is for a women.

At Teh's comment Terra raises her hand and a stone forms there.  Then it shoots forward and embedds itself into his skull, and becomes firmly lodged there.  Teh falls to the ground roaring in pain.

"Her being a woman has nothing to do with it, if you were in her position, your mind would have already cracked no doubt. On her death she was protected from the pain of and your reminding her has allowed the memory of what she should have felt through and more, she is also experiencing the mental pain of her soul being ripped from it's first body.  The crack you saw was crack in Isolde's mind's barrier that separates it from the Grey Plane.

To hopefully answer a couple of your question at one time, here's a diagram." She began to trace a design over the ground with her finger, a trail of dirt following behind it, and as she drew she talked.

"The Grey Plane is a theoretically infinite space between the worlds, if you picture each world as a sphere each one is separated from the Grey Plane by a layer of Souls which form a solid barrier around it, that is the ground that your standing on.  Most specifically you are standing on Isolde's soul. 

Each soul is attached and held to the world by it's body rather like an anchor, most souls, whenever their line is cut, float away and disintegrate, but some souls have both a thinner line connecting them to the world and a thicker barrier protecting them.  Isolde is one of these.  If one of these souls is separated from it's body it naturally drifts here, and a new body is formed in the Grove. However, if the person is killed then the rules change a little bit, if the death is willing, then all follows the normal pattern, but if the death is unwilling, then the killer can grab ahold of the victim's line and they are in the killer's thrall forever more.  If you really did encounter Grish and Sarac, then you are lucky to have survived, it is very possible to a spirit to die, but it is very difficult to kill one, even if your Essence is completely broken apart and drained, you can still reform given enough time, in order to kill you your entire group would have to die first before he could get around to finishing any one of you off.

Spoiler: Diagram (click to show/hide)

As to what we are, our bodies and Essence are formed from the barrier which separates our host or hostesses mind, and it is only through them or another person that we can have any direct bearing upon the worlds.  Through training and time you will get stronger, and no one yet has achieved any kind of limit.

We rarely eavesdrop and there are ways to prevent it, but they can't be taught in a few minutes."

There is a large rumble and Terra begins to seal off another fracture as it begins forming.

Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 05, 2012, 07:27:19 pm »

"In that case, those cracks you have been repairing would be the same that barrier is the same barrer that is keeping us. . . . . alive, for lack of a better word. Is it cracking because of us, and how can we help you?" *Goes to help the injured fool up*
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:40:52 pm by zomara0292 »
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 05, 2012, 07:34:53 pm »

I see...
I agree with zomara. Let us help you keep this place intact, if we can.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 05, 2012, 08:31:39 pm »

So you're saying our ward was the target of some form of interdimensional slaver cartel?

*ROAR!*

This shall not stand!

But wait! Now that Isolde has... passed on successfully, does this mean she is no longer in danger from these fiends? And why were they so keen on grabbing her in the first place? This was no random shanghai attempt!
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 05, 2012, 09:11:17 pm »

One more question. How dangerous are Sarac and Garish? On a scale of one to one hundred?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 05, 2012, 10:28:48 pm »

Well, at least we know Teh would live. Pain is still relative, it seems. At least now I- we, get what a willing death would have and it's consequence.

You have my hand in this, I pledge myself to Isolde's aid.

*Tiruin pauses for thought*

Then could we be taught as we fix all this?

((Also, we lose if TPK occurs  :P ))

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 05, 2012, 11:59:32 pm »

Are there any other things we should be aware of?
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 09, 2012, 01:16:42 pm »

HIATUS
Sorry, but it looks like I'm no going to have the time or ability to post for a while, things may change over the weekend, but consider it bonus if it does.  I should be able to begin again in a week, hopefully.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 09, 2012, 01:23:45 pm »

HIATUS
Sorry, but it looks like I'm no going to have the time or ability to post for a while, things may change over the weekend, but consider it bonus if it does.  I should be able to begin again in a week, hopefully.

((Its cool. DO what you need too do. If we force you to do so otherwise, we would be sacrificing quality. And possibly your sanity. I *twitch* like sanity.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 09, 2012, 10:33:38 pm »

HIATUS

((Its cool. DO what you need too do. If we force you to do so otherwise, we would be sacrificing quality. And possibly your sanity. I *twitch* like sanity.))

Agree fully. This story is unique! (Well, as far as my memory serves) so I guess no posts until then on. No pressure mate.

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2012, 12:13:04 am »

HIATUS

You've got my support. Take as much time as you need.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19