Poll

Can this poll be removed?

Nope :p
- 7 (28%)
Hahaha you funny man!
- 18 (72%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: Chapter Two: Lucid  (Read 20125 times)

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Awakening (A Suggestion Game)
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2012, 03:55:44 am »

We don't know anything about how we got here. Given the circumstances, telling her that she was dead seemed like a good idea. Since we have the opportunity to talk, why don't you tell us everything else that we shouldn't do?
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2012, 04:46:52 am »

Nuts to that! I'd prefer to be surprised. Going around all willy-nilly seems to be working out just fine!
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2012, 04:50:17 am »

Zomara, I think you should probably drop your weapon. We are the ones that made a mistake here, an accident, but a mistake nonetheless.

PokemonRocks85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2012, 07:10:17 am »

Alright calm down we are allys not enemies we don't fight. Now we have bigger problems like helping Isolde.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2012, 10:06:17 am »

*makes my weapon disappear* "Only to show that we all have peaceful intent."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2012, 09:30:50 pm »

((Rising to my feet,)) "She would have found out sooner or later."

*Rises in a wobbly fashion* "Please aim your rage more constructively. I did not mention it but far earlier. After that I let it be. As I said earlier, I am sure this place has many dangers. I know from experience that not all are physical."
*Summons my spear before I continue* "Plus, I rather not have to fight you. You seem to come from an angle of obedience and concern. I respect that."

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa! I didn't tell her anything!

Oh my. How intimidating. *yawn* I was trying to push her along, not break her. Fantastic job, by the way.

(Stands up)
Forgive us for our actions, but we lack information on...or specifically how she got to her state. We didn't know any of that!
We aren't here to fight, many of us mean well, we just...committed a really stupid deed.
But, if I may, what is the relationship of the Grey Plane and life, if it could now be called so?

We don't know anything about how we got here. Given the circumstances, telling her that she was dead seemed like a good idea. Since we have the opportunity to talk, why don't you tell us everything else that we shouldn't do?

Nuts to that! I'd prefer to be surprised. Going around all willy-nilly seems to be working out just fine!

Zomara, I think you should probably drop your weapon. We are the ones that made a mistake here, an accident, but a mistake nonetheless.

Alright calm down we are allys not enemies we don't fight. Now we have bigger problems like helping Isolde.

*makes my weapon disappear* "Only to show that we all have peaceful intent."

"I am willing to forgive you since you are newly formed and have no knowledge of this world, but if you had used your mind at all you would have realized that reminding a person that they had just died is a bad idea."

She looks around at the group then focuses her gaze somewhere off to the side, you look over to the point which she is gazing at and you see cracks, like that on a windowpane that has been hit by a rock, forming.  Terra gestures and a brown patch forms over it.

"To give you the short answer to your question, the Grey Plane is the space in-between the worlds, and the surface you are standing on is the barrier that separates the world from the Grey Plane.  It has virtually no relation to Life or Death, besides the manner of breaking through the barrier initially."
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2012, 11:23:36 pm »

Well, to say the truth, we...I found telling her death somewhat strange. But the stranger thing was, she was alive somehow after we all felt and saw her die.

Ahh, how do I say this. May I, respond with a memory of my own? If this has no relation between life and death, how did we have any effect on Isolde's life? We fought for her against another spirit called Grish. He-- It, noticed us somehow, afterwards we shifted view back into her and...well, I'll share my insight.

Then...this. I've...seen what came after she, um, died.

Quote from: What he saw
Sarac screamed at Adam, profanities spewing from his lips.  "YOU  B******!!! HOW DARE YOU!"
Adam merely laughed and pointed his gun at his own forehead.  "Better luck next time Sarac, you can't win them all!"  And with that he pulled the trigger, killing himself.  Sarac slammed his dagger into the ground and screamed, causing every window within fifty feet of him to immediately shatter, sending glass spraying glass down onto the ground.

"Wha- wha- what happened here!?"

Sarac looked up to see a young man carrying a container of hot food run over to Isolde's body. He shook her as if trying to wake her up, when he realized that there was no life left in it he sat down and simply stared at the ground blankly.

Sarac walked over to him, "She was dear to you wasn't she?"

The man nodded his head slowly, tears freely flowing down his face.

"I'm sorry that I was unable to stop him from taking her. I tried my hardest, but it wasn't enough."

The man looked up.  "Where was she taken?"

"To enslavement, soon they will wipe her mind and she will be theirs, I intend to see if I can free her."

"Let me help you! If she is still alive then I, I'll..."

"You'll do anything."  Sarac said with a grin, "Yes you can help."  Then he plunged his dagger in-between the mans ribs.

To shorten it all, Terra, I take it? Why can we traverse the Grey plane freely, are we mortals, living, dead... what? And why are we only connected to Isolde?

((@Phantom: You could put in the last line in color-bold, less space maybe?  :) ))

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 02, 2012, 12:29:14 am »

Personally, I wouldn't react like that to finding out I was dead, but anyway, where were we, exactly?
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2012, 03:51:39 am »

Pfft. I've died... Four times now, and I never took it that badly.

PokemonRocks85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2012, 08:17:57 am »

I think we are just sprits Tiruin and dying is not that scary atleast it is for a women.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2012, 08:31:23 am »

First, Cash, I need you to be quiet for a second. This is not about us.
Two, I would also like to know of our mortality. We were referred to as 'Spirits'. At least from my stand point, that points to us once being living, mortal, beings that obtained conditional immortality through death of our physical body.
Three, and this is my most important question yet, How did you pull us into the Gray Plane? Does it have to do with that crack you covered up, or with what I saw before.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2012, 07:02:16 pm »

*making "talking hand puppet" motions outside Zomara's field of vision*

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2012, 08:10:33 pm »

Hmmm... Well, Terra, if you're familiar with how Miss Isolde arrived here, would you happen to know who those fellows fighting over her were? Are there factions we should be aware of in this place?
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2012, 01:38:35 am »

How easy would it be for, say, one of us to move others into the grey plane and confront them as you have? How often do spirits eavesdrop on the conversations between other spirits? Is there a way to counteract eavesdroppers? Relative to you, we appear to be rather weak; how would we fix this? Is there an upper limit to the powers a spirit such as me could control?

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2012, 01:55:12 am »

Wow. Way to make the suspicious lady want to shank you. "Pardon me, miss, but could you tell me how I could beat you down? I'd be ever so grateful..." *snort*
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19