Poll

Can this poll be removed?

Nope :p
- 7 (28%)
Hahaha you funny man!
- 18 (72%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Chapter Two: Lucid  (Read 20114 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: An Awakening (A Suggestion Game)
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 11:12:49 pm »

"Don't forget to say goodbye to everyone you know...

"You may never see them again."

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 06:50:22 pm »

I'm fairly sure that it'll be a very important thought. Best remember your name.

I must not panic. Just have to grab some cloths and a jacket, throw it on, and get the h*** out of here. Maybe I can grab some quick eats if I move fast enough. The 'just got out of bed' look is in style anyway.

"I think I might be going insane, oh yeah, Clothes, clothes are important."  Isolde muttered as she pulled on the first pair of jeans she could find, followed by a top over her undershirt and a jacket on the way out the door.  When she reached the kitchen she saw Kevin standing there, Celtic Mythology and Legends book in one hand, and a spatula in the other.  She hit him lightly on the back of the head.  "You didn't wake me up!"
"Ow, What I thought it was still..." He glanced at a clock "Oh."
"Yeah."
"Well, go ahead and run to the bookstore, I'll bring you the food once it's done cooking."
She gave him a quick kiss, "Thanks, you're the best."  And she was off out the door.

You'll need to run if want to make it on time Isolde.

Don't forget to say goodbye to everyone you know...
You may never see them again.

That's and odd thought.  Why would I think that?  She thought as she ran.

She was six minutes late, but her supervisor understood, there wasn't anything to do before the store opened anyway. Kevin arrived a while later before it opened at nine, with two bacon sandwiches and a thermos of tea, and they talked for a few minutes over said foodstuffs until the store opened.  As he left, Kevin said that he was going to bring lunch too to make up for not waking her up. 

It was a slow day at the bookstore and she only saw four customers all morning, two just browsed and the other two knew exactly what they were looking for and were out in a few minutes, so she spent most of the morning sitting behind the counter, trying to fix her hair or twirling it around her finger.  So when her lunch break came around she decided to take a walk around the inside of the building to stretch her legs.  She mused on her dream and what Kevin was going to bring her for lunch as she walked, and was so absorbed in her thoughts that she nearly ran into someone.  Apologizing, she stumbled back and as she did she noticed what he looked like. 
He was smiling and looked vaguely Asian, and though he looked more Russian, he could have been from any part of Asia. His clothes were vaguely Asian as well, although they were very odd.  He had on some sort of a coat that had only three visible, rectangular buttons and wide flaring sleeves, his shoes and pants were normal, but over them he had some kind of skirt that split straight down the middle. 

Spoiler: A Man In Odd Clothes (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 06:52:33 pm by Phantom of The Library »
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 07:04:22 pm »

"Well, since I am up, I might as well ask him if he needs any help finding anything. Maybe even ask him where he is from. And take time to burn his face into memory. I have an odd gut feeling that I will be seeing him again, sooner or later."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 08:11:55 pm »

"Kevin seems nice. Also, make sure that you know where Hero with 1000 Faces is stocked."
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 06:23:44 pm »

Well, since I am up, I might as well ask him if he needs any help finding anything. Maybe even ask him where he is from. And take time to burn his face into memory. I have an odd gut feeling that I will be seeing him again, sooner or later.

Kevin seems nice. Also, make sure that you know where Hero with 1000 Faces is stocked.

Isolde shook her head to try to get the voices out of her head.  The man tilted his head to the side as if listening to something.

Isolde decided to try to ignore the buzzing that was in her head now. "May I help you?" She asked.

"Well, I was going to ask you if you knew where an Isolde Gard might be found, but I think I've found her now."  He said walking forward towards her, his smile growing.

lopocozo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 06:35:00 pm »

"RUN AWAY, RUN FAST AND RUN FAR"
Generation 12 The First time you see this copy it into your sig and add one. Social experiment.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 06:55:55 pm »

"No. Wait. Keep an equal distance. Don't let him get closer, but try to find out his motives, why he knows your name, and how much he knows about you. If he is hostile, run away with reckless abandon. Be careful, and look out for lies." "He can obviously hear the voices inside your head, so I wont hide myself from you, for now."<(treat this part like an "in head" version of a whisper) "And what ever you do, don't let him touch you. No matter WHAT."

((this is partly an experiment so treat my last word as a stern raised voice (not a shout but not at a normal volume). Also, OOC I want to know if talking to him was a better or horrid choice. If you don't mind me asking.))
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 07:57:18 pm »

"Evade! Reposition and maintain equal distance! Locate all known weak points and prepare for direct combat!"

((Imagine a vaguely German accent when reading these words.))

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 08:12:53 pm »

Also, OOC I want to know if talking to him was a better or horrid choice. If you don't mind me asking.))
Do you think this game needs an OOC?  (assuming that you mean OOC thread and not some other definition I'm unfamiliar with)
Or do you just want me to answer in my after-update comments.
Also, don't expect me to tell you anything of that matter until long after it's been relevant; reason being that this thing is going to have plot twists, and I hate giving them away, (even admitting that there are going to be twists is making me cringe) so I'm trying to say as little as possible, so you can't determine what may be twisted and what can't.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 08:13:43 pm »

"Why, this has the smell of plot, I think. I recommend approaching carefully."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 08:28:18 pm »

Do you think this game needs an OOC?  (assuming that you mean OOC thread and not some other definition I'm unfamiliar with)
Or do you just want me to answer in my after-update comments.
Also, don't expect me to tell you anything of that matter until long after it's been relevant; reason being that this thing is going to have plot twists, and I hate giving them away, (even admitting that there are going to be twists is making me cringe) so I'm trying to say as little as possible, so you can't determine what may be twisted and what can't.
((I meant OCC as in "Out of of character" as in for personal knowledge and not for meta-gaming. And I think that it told me what I needed to know, though, as I said, I wont use it for meta-gaming.))

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 08:44:59 pm »

"Keep your distance. He might be more dangerous than you think."

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 10:04:50 pm »

RUN AWAY, RUN FAST AND RUN FAR

No. Wait. Keep an equal distance. Don't let him get closer, but try to find out his motives, why he knows your name, and how much he knows about you. If he is hostile, run away with reckless abandon. Be careful, and look out for lies.
He can obviously hear the voices inside your head, so I wont hide myself from you, for now.
And what ever you do, don't let him touch you. No matter WHAT.

Evade! Reposition and maintain equal distance! Locate all known weak points and prepare for direct combat!

Why, this has the smell of plot, I think. I recommend approaching carefully.

Keep your distance. He might be more dangerous than you think.

Isolde backed up a few steps from the man, now she was sure that she was going crazy, but there was something about him, or maybe it was the voices, that made her want to back away from him. 

"Why were you looking for me, and how did you recognize me?"

He grinned and continued advancing "Grish told me so, he heard–––"

Suddenly the loud sound of a gun being fired exploded through the room.  The man in odd clothes seemed to move even before the sound and twisted around, suddenly the floor tiles nearby him shattered as a bullet ricocheted off of them. 

"Sarac!"  A voice from the top of the stairs yelled, Isolde turned towards it to see a man, with spiky hair and a rifle standing behind the glass barricade, "Step away from her!"

In response Sarac looked annoyed and glanced down at his left hand, the air around it seemed to flex and warp for a moment, then a punching dagger with some sort of arcane symbol etched into it appeared, then he began to move and within a moment Sarac had crossed half the distance to the stairs, leaving a motion trail behind him.

lopocozo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 10:07:57 pm »

RUN AWAY, RUN FAST AND RUN FAR!
FO REALZ THIS TIME.
Generation 12 The First time you see this copy it into your sig and add one. Social experiment.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 10:08:15 pm »

"Voices? What do you mean voices plur- CONTACT! Get to cover and avoid both of 'em!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19