Poll

Can this poll be removed?

Nope :p
- 7 (28%)
Hahaha you funny man!
- 18 (72%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Chapter Two: Lucid  (Read 20099 times)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Chapter Two: Lucid
« on: January 02, 2012, 10:44:45 pm »

You stand on a flat gray plane, around you there is nothingness, above you there is nothingness. The only way to tell the sky from the ground is the difference in shades of gray. You stand there for several seconds, unsure of what to do.

There seems to be nothing to do... 

Nothing. 

That's what this place is... In name and being. 

You stand for what could be an eternity (for who can tell time in Nothing?) eventually, creeping in from all around, there comes a voice, calm and serene, yet full of power.  You cannot tell whether it wishes you good or ill.

"What is your name? Are you a male, or female? Where are you from? How old are you? What was your life like before this?  My sight of you is clouded and I cannot see you until you tell me these things."

Spoiler: Game Information (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:36:32 pm by Phantom of The Library »
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Dream (A Suggestion Game)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 10:51:33 pm »

"I am Isolde, a fair lady of 22 years, who should be residing in the Joyus Gard right now."
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 11:03:48 pm »

"I am Isolde, a fair lady of 22 years, who should be residing in the Joyous Gard right now."

'Yes...that is who I am...' You think to yourself.

'I was...a student maybe? A psychology student."

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 04:30:49 pm »

"A psychology major at a prestigious university, where I had a full-ride scholarship."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 04:34:07 pm »

"I am Isolde, a fair lady of 22 years, who should be residing in the Joyous Gard right now."

'Yes...that is who I am...' You think to yourself.

'I was...a student maybe? A psychology student."

Well played Tiruin. Oh, and this.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Awakening (A Suggestion Game)
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 08:40:03 pm »

"My name is Isolde Gard," Isolde said, her voice wavering slightly, "I'm from Northern Michigan, and I was attending Hamilton before I came here, and I'm a girl... Where am I?" 

"Thank you, Now I can clearly see you and I shall rescuedestroy you."  The voice said, the last words being spoken as if by two different people using slightly different words.

"What?" Isolde said, afraid. There was something sinister about the voice now, but at the same time it now exuded a more caring aura.

The voice continued to speak, the two voices becoming more distinct and eventually the more sinister voice grew more powereful until it overpowered the other completely."Feyarou not I shaare mine nnot harm you, buow young one and yare they come for you, I shou shall join us, we comebut I can not gfor you now, and you cannot stop us"

Suddenly there was a flash of green, followed by one of blue.  Then again, and again with increasing frequency the flashes came until Isolde felt she was going to have a seizure.  Then it all seemed to stop, and Isolde noticed a figure in front of her; for how long it had been there she could not tell.  The figure seemed to be made out of the most basic lines, but they were all blurred, and it seemed to be wearing a cloak, which further concealed its features. Everything around it seemed to distort and disappear

Then, it turned around, it was human but there was something not right about it, its face too long, its nose had no bridge, and its visible eye was too far back on its head.

The eye seemed to stare into her and straight through her.
Spoiler: What Isolde Saw (click to show/hide)

Isolde felt fear like she never had before and took two steps backward, but it was no use, it advanced on her, and she fell over her own feet. 

And fell...

And fell...

And fell...

Into her bed, drenched in cold sweat.  She laid there for a few moments and calmed her breath.  From downstairs the smell of some sort of breakfast meat on the stove and the sounds of a pop song on the radio were slowly filtering up through her doorway and into her nose and ears.  "What the h*** was that?"  She muttered and, brushing a strand of light brown hair out of her face, climbed out of bed.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 11:08:18 pm by Phantom of The Library »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 10:17:12 pm »

((Update is according to your will, we aren't rushing you for this  :P . Mostly everyone is on different timezones so I guess we don't mind the time of day you update it too. Nice beginning by the way. @The Fool: Well played?))

"Hey, Isolde. Yes, you. Get out of bed and ready for the day! What are you doing standing there, musing on a dream...

Bah, get to work already."

{Active Voice.}

((Would edit this if there is something wrong...))

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 05:16:04 pm »

((Would edit this if there is something wrong...))
Mmm, actually I like your version better.  I originally meant that what you're saying (by translation: your suggestion) should be in bold while the rest of your post is regular, but I think I'll change it to everything except your suggestion (what your saying) should be within double parentheses, like so:

((Miscellaneous stuff blahdadyblahda))

Haul the tack lines ye scurvy dog

((That was the first thing that came into my head))

EDIT:I will wait until there are at least three suggestions (NOTHING[/u][/i] counts as a suggestion) to update
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 05:18:03 pm by Phantom of The Library »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 05:54:21 pm »

@Tiruin: When I first glanced over the posts I thought it was an update and I was about to reply to it until I realized that you didn't make the topic.

"Isolde. Get up, go have breakfast and get to work. It was just a dream, just get on with your day."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 08:25:31 pm »

"Isolde. Not the most common name, is it? Might even be plot-important!"

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 09:17:16 pm »

"Wait. That smells like breakfast cooking. I just woke up so it can't be me. Can I remember who else is in the house?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 09:49:43 pm »

Isolde yawned and began to put on some clothes for the day, then just fell back onto her bed. What was today?  Ah, yes it was Wednesday, she didn't have to get to work at the college bookstore until 8:30.  She would have to look up that dream in one of her old textbooks. There mi-

Hey, Isolde. Yes, you. Get out of bed and ready for the day! What are you doing standing there, musing on a dream... Bah, get to work already.

Isolde. Get up, go have breakfast and get to work. It was just a dream, just get on with your day.

Wait. That smells like breakfast cooking. I just woke up so it can't be me. Can I remember who else is in the house?

Isolde. Not the most common name, is it? Might even be plot-important!

Of course I can remember that Kevin is in the house, it's his turn to come over and fix breakfast, what the h*** is with my thinking this morning? I don't even know where that last thought came from and I have plenty of ti-  She glanced over at her clock

8:19

"S***"

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 10:07:45 pm »

"I'm fairly sure that it'll be a very important thought. Best remember your name."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 10:21:34 pm »

((
Had to do a quick edit there Zomara the ninja, you posted three seconds before I hit the post button.[/spoiler]
I read that and went "woot", though I hope not to cause it again. I know it can get annoying. But I will play on confusing her as much as possible until I reveal myself as a multi-personality voice in her head. For kicks))
"I must not panic. Just have to grab some cloths and a jacket, throw it on, and get the h*** out of here. Maybe I can grab some quick eats if I move fast enough. The 'just got out of bed' look is in style anyway."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:50:09 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 10:34:10 pm »

"You'll need to run if want to make it on time Isolde."

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19