Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: if it's a mood, and its in the metal shop, and it's candy...  (Read 5062 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: if it's a mood, and its in the metal shop, and it's candy...
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 03:38:26 am »

ElfCollab, we didn't reveal anything that couldn't be seen in the (z) (stone) section >_<

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 03:42:08 am »

One man has at not least covered up the blue metal with candy. Then fools will start looking down into the pits of HFS.....

Either that or I'm particularly nitpicky today.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 04:12:56 am »

get one more and and artifact mechanisim and you can make a sniper trap
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 04:20:12 am »

get one more and and artifact mechanisim and you can make a sniper trap

You can build artifact weapons in weapon traps normally. It also means that upon reclaim - your artifact weapon will still be there.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 06:54:49 am »

i was meaning a trap of just artifact crossbows, so that anything sepping on it is basically being sniped at.

the flying iron bolt strikes the goblin hammergoblin in the left lower leg, fracturing the bone!
the hammergobling has become a guard!
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 07:13:29 am »

Most of my spoilerite artifacts are furniture of various sorts, I've only ever (keep in mind I've played since the game was still 2D!) gotten one spoilerite weapon - an axe in an early 3d version, that proceded to mince everything that looked at the lucky axedwarf funny.

I have gotten a couple bits of armour, though, and a lot of furniture and crafts. Really, no matter what they make it, as long as it's not a possessed mood I'm happy, I love having legendary metalcrafters and blacksmiths. masterpiece gold thrones in the dining hall are good for morale, and a masterwork platinum toy can trade for a good chunk of a caravan's goods.

I really dislike getting possessed moods in general, but especially when limited resources are involved.Always disappointing to get the best spoilerite chain in the world, but have the blacksmith still need to spend some seasons working on cheap barrels and bins to learn his craft

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 07:21:32 am »

Gotta know how to manage your moods better!  Position your nice metals near the forge, when you know your dwarves like certain items.  Dwarf who likes axes?  Make him a weaponsmith and put steel near his forge!  Peasant who like warhammers?  Train him to be a weaponsmith and leave platinum laying everywhere!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 08:17:59 am »

In that case, I'll go lock my highly skilled weaponsmith in a room with a quantum stockpile of food and drink, a bed and a forge.

Waiting for a mood....

Hm...tempted to use Runesmith to hack moods. :D

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 01:11:16 pm »

keep in mind I've played since the game was still 2D!

O.G.

You are like bread to me. Ia Jenniretta! Ia Jenniretta!

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 01:36:19 pm »

keep in mind I've played since the game was still 2D!

O.G.

You are like bread to me. Ia Jenniretta! Ia Jenniretta!

There must be a few people floating around here that were playing back when boatmurdered was still new.

Though some may avoid the forums as much as I did, I had a profile on here a while back that I can't for the life of me remember (dont even have the username written down anywhere anymore), but I only recently became active at all 'round here, I use to lurk for help with issues  and the occasional story but never posted until recently.

Anyway, back at the topic (sorta): Do mooded dwarves tend to make things that their profile says they like? I've never payed enough attention to it to tell the difference. If so it would make manipulating moods interesting (Not that I do that sort of thing >_> I swear I only get so many spoilerite furniture pieces from luck! [/Blatant_Lie])

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, 04:32:13 pm »

Burrows can be used to force a moody dwarf to use only pricy materials like platinum and candy. Be warned that if the burrow does not include the workshop then you'll trigger the Planepacked bug...

Not that a Planepacked weapon would necessarily be a bad thing. Does weapon material count effect blunt damage? Test it with an 11-ton candy warhammer engraved with the entire history of the dwarven race.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2012, 06:07:20 pm »

Decorations don't exist, it's like the dwarf just took a label-gun and printed "This menaces with spikes" and tacked it on the side.  Does NOT change size, density, weapon stats, magma-survivability, or anything else.  DOES change item value in trade, whether elves will trade it, and if a dwarf likes the item because it may be decorated with his favorite metal type.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2012, 08:08:21 pm »

Decorations don't exist, it's like the dwarf just took a label-gun and printed "This menaces with spikes" and tacked it on the side.  Does NOT change size, density, weapon stats, magma-survivability, or anything else.  DOES change item value in trade, whether elves will trade it, and if a dwarf likes the item because it may be decorated with his favorite metal type.

Now we know that a price tag gun from the local ASDA is in fact the most valuable thing in existance, able to print the raw concept of value in the form of a piece of sticky back plastic that says "menaces with spikes" or "studded with"
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2012, 08:19:47 pm »

It's like having your own coinpress!

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 08:26:34 pm »

Don't even feel bad, on my fort I've had 9 artifacts and all of them have been wooden crafts. Any dwarves that produce them from here on are being executed for supporting elves.
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4