Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: small but anoying bug  (Read 680 times)

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
small but anoying bug
« on: January 02, 2012, 12:40:40 pm »

for some reason I can not create a thread under bugs so I thought I would put this here.
in a food stockpile if plants are forbidden the text color changes to a light white (indicating something is still enabled for plants when it is not) instead of the gray text (indicating all items are forbidden).

I tried searching for this bug but did not see it so I hope this is fixed because although small, its still annoying.
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: small but anoying bug
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 03:00:01 pm »

I have a guess, but I'm not 100% sure. If you still have prepared food on, but plants disabled, they might well store plants in that stockpile. Since plants like berries (any type), plump helmets and I believe some other plants can be eaten raw, and therefore are considered prepared meals. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I had my 'only prepared meals'-stockpile filled with plants the other day. That's what I suspect to be happening.

As to forbid a type, if you go over the type and press 'f' everything from that type is forbidden. There is no bug, as far as I know.
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 03:14:01 pm »

its does get forbidden the bug is the text color and the text color only, when i press "f" to forbid plants it remains a light white indicating there is something still enabled, the stock pile is drinks only prepared meals are forbidden.  forbidding any thing else causing it to go dark as expected.
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 10:36:54 am »

bars other material has a similar problem.