Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: FireFall - First and foremost an FPS  (Read 5872 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FireFall - First and foremost an FPS
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 07:16:20 pm »

Signed up for the beta, and now PTW.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 07:29:30 pm »

it's such a strange but interesting mix. It's not very compelling to me at the moment, but it's not without fun. Honestly, it plays a lot like Global Agenda(mostly PVE though), which is a good thing.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2012, 01:17:53 am »

I just got an invite to the beta, did anyone got one too? If yes shoot me a PM so we can meet in game :D (If tags are supported im adding a [B12] if not ill try to add it in the name.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2012, 09:52:26 am »

Got an invite. Right now I'm at the character creation screen. The music is beauuuuutiful. The fact that you have to choose a class so soon isn't.

Conclusion: those graphics hurt my eyes and the lack of animations... well, moreso.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 10:05:07 am by Dariush »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2012, 11:03:39 am »

Got an invite. Right now I'm at the character creation screen. The music is beauuuuutiful. The fact that you have to choose a class so soon isn't.

Conclusion: those graphics hurt my eyes and the lack of animations... well, moreso.

From what I've seen, you can change your class pretty much at-will in town. Why does it matter?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2012, 11:16:36 am »

Well, I didn't know that at the character creation.

In any case, the graphics in the game are giving me a headache (literally), so no Firefall for me.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2012, 11:27:20 am »

I'm still waiting on an invite. I'm really wanting to try this out.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2012, 12:25:11 pm »

The fact you can choose class at chargen is only to change your customisation such as color, so if you hop in your assaulty gear you will look like you set it in chargen, if you hop on engineer, it will look like it was in chargen etc.

Also as state class are changed on the fly in game, just visit the tright station and change loadout from assault, dread, recon, medic etc. PVE the best is assault with regen on his suit, or engineer, pvp, fuck if i know havent done yet.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2012, 03:10:55 pm »

I got the email but im not trusting that

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2012, 03:32:59 pm »

Looks like another firefall thing. I'm gonna guess the countdown is gonna be the official rollout.
Pages: 1 2 [3]