Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Year's Dreams?  (Read 1343 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New Year's Dreams?
« on: January 01, 2012, 03:46:12 pm »

In Japan, there's a tradition that the first dream you have in the new year--on the night of January 31st--is a prophecy of your luck to come for the rest of the year.  I can't relate my dream because it would get me permabanned, but I suspect that I may end up actually trying to date a woman this year.  For reference, the most "auspicious" and lucky dreams should have a hawk, Mount Fuji, and an eggplant in them.

What did you dream about, Bay12?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: New Year's Dreams?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 03:50:52 pm »

Ooo I remember masked men and giant trees.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 03:50:58 pm »

I don't remember my dreams.

:(

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 03:52:05 pm »

I dreamt about pointers in C++. Literally; I was coding.

Shit.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 03:55:59 pm »

I didn't actually have a dream last night, though my daughter did mention her dream had dancing eggplants. No mount Fuji or hawks though.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 03:57:33 pm »

I don't actually remember my dreams last night, but I recall there were lots of females. That's not exactly a new phenomenon though.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 04:08:00 pm »

I dreamt about foolishly and spontaneously jumping into a destined-to-fail relationship, a long ride in the bed of a truck through an orange-lit tunnel, and hiding from my problems in "the North."

I hope the last one comes true. Canada is beautiful.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 04:16:37 pm »

My dream was about a group of people and I driving through an abandoned city filled with zombies. The people in my dream kept referring to the grimdark-looking place with shredded metal shrapnel everywhere as the 'Land of Sunshine'. Soldiers with gas masks, hardened body armor, and assault rifles were attacking both the zombies and us. The attacking soldiers forced us through several different alleyways, and before too long we were lead to a wreckage, where a car blocked the road. We drove straight into a car at full speed in an attempt to ram through and avoid the soldiers that were hiding in and around the wreckage. Upon hitting the wrecked car we were warped to an entirely different place, a lab, where we went to stop an evil genius.

I almost never lucidly dream, and if that is what is going to happen this year I'll be amazed. I've always wanted to stop an evil genius. :P

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 04:16:43 pm »

I didn't sleep.

I didn't actually have a dream last night, though my daughter did mention her dream had dancing eggplants. No mount Fuji or hawks though.
EGGPLANT WIZARDS! *angry fistshake*

Also on topic.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 04:18:26 pm by Darvi »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 04:22:01 pm »

No remembered dreams, last night.

I'll take a blank slate for luck over something tilted either way, any day. Luck is like news, having none (of either sort) is still pretty good.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 04:32:18 pm »

Wow, weird dreams last night, that is to say the night before last night, being the second already over here.

Something about walking along the top of this wall that was out in the ocean, parallel to the shore, stopping the waves from coming in. Then it started to crumble, and I had to run. Can't remember much else.
Then there was something about two large forts right next to each other, and I was in the smaller and crappier one, watching the people in the other one arming themselves with bows and arrows and shields and facing towards our fort. I asked them why they were facing this way (As I recall, we were both as peace, and had been forever) and they told me they were just following orders.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 04:49:17 pm »

Erm... I dreamed that I was in a garden eating some potatoes. Transitions through into what I think was an office or a lab, where someone is talking to me. Apparently some sort of weird pathogen had infected America and killed everyone. And then suddenly I'm standing somewhere where I get some major nostalgia, and it was supposedly my fault that this happened somehow.

Wtf does that mean? :P

Methinks my Japanese funky dream is telling me I'm a sleeper cell. RAWR.

*To clarify, I'm English and live in the UK. Never even been to the USA. The potatoes were in a stew, and were seasoned with some herbs I can't quite remember.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 04:59:23 pm »

I think I dreamed about a combination of a house I used to live in, the people I went to a bar to last night with, having a fire alarm at by job, and playing Dungeons of Dredmor.  Like most of my dreams, it felt threatening without actually being a nightmare.

All of this was after I woke up on time, turned off my alarm clock, and then my cat laid on my chest I fell back asleep for three hours.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 05:13:08 pm »

I am going to go eat a lot of cheese and drink some scotch. Results, if any, will be reported tomorrow.
This is a blank sig.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 05:13:28 pm »

Pages: [1] 2