Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Small modding questions thread  (Read 3474 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Small modding questions thread
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 11:52:08 pm »

Since the Modder's Workshop topic is not on the first page (too lazy atm to goto next page) I will ask here

Is the anyway to get "Water" to show up in the Lquid/Liquid_Misc option for food stockpiles?

Not only do I want dwarves to acually stop leaving those half full buckets laying around. But I would like to "barrel" water for drinking. I'm going to do a test run for my mod in a desert and see if that works. but they still wouldn't stockpile it (I can forsee that)

Would it be as simple a tricking DF by making a material that has a [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION:W:LIQUID_MISC:WATER] and having a [LIQUID_MISC_OTHER] slapped on it?

I will be trying to test this. But I want to know if anyone has done this, or knows how.

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 11:55:01 pm »

Peace treaties are signed in legends mode. They are hostile by default, but they can still become peaceful to eachother.

Peace treaties can only be created to end world gen wars, the kind that the elves declare on everyone for killing trees. [ITEM_THIEF] and [BABYSNATCHER] don't make the civilization declare wars on other civilizations (ethics do that), it makes them steal items/children from other civilizations and, naturally, they don't like having their items/children stolen. It's not possible to get goblin caravans in vanilla unless you give dwarves [BABYSNATCHER] (which will also make every non-babysnatcher race hostile to you) or remove it from the goblins.

I've embarked in locations that supposedly have goblins, yet I haven't been attacked.
I'm also trying to gen a non-modded world where there's an area of only goblin and dwarven access. Perhaps I can get lucky and test it myself.

The wiki says it's possible for goblins to come trade but there's barely any information on that.
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
"Tigermen are lazy and worthless... but not MY friend, Grroawarul."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 02:15:36 pm »

Is the LIQUID_GLOB setting for [MATERIAL_BREATH_ATTACK] supposed to shoot out solid material? The wiki says that it's essentially the same as SOLID_GLOB.

This is rather unfortunate. I'd rather my Victreebel shoot liquid acid rather than acid ice cubes. And I want it to actually cause the pain, blistering, and rot it's supposed to, but it doesn't seem to do that, probably because it's not staying on its victim.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 05:16:45 pm »

Is the LIQUID_GLOB setting for [MATERIAL_BREATH_ATTACK] supposed to shoot out solid material? The wiki says that it's essentially the same as SOLID_GLOB.

This is rather unfortunate. I'd rather my Victreebel shoot liquid acid rather than acid ice cubes. And I want it to actually cause the pain, blistering, and rot it's supposed to, but it doesn't seem to do that, probably because it's not staying on its victim.
Solid_Glob makes the AI think it has to only stand and shoot, Liquid_glob is basiclly the same thing only allowing for other combat. You are looking for TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW or some spelling in that general tag like looks (some how I lost my notes on Mat Breath Attacks so I lack the tags)

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 04:44:42 pm »

How can I make a human-copy creature with an extra layer of steel on top of the skin?

Also, how can I remove bodyparts in the raws so they appear as missing in the description? I think its possible since I saw it in a Charlie the Unicorn inspired mod with unicorn missing a kidney.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 05:14:17 am »

How can things be set to spawn in hell? I want adamantine colossi fighting the demons... and eerie glowing bees :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 07:12:37 am »

How can I make a human-copy creature with an extra layer of steel on top of the skin?

Also, how can I remove bodyparts in the raws so they appear as missing in the description? I think its possible since I saw it in a Charlie the Unicorn inspired mod with unicorn missing a kidney.

I can *probably* help with the first one, but I'm too lazy to test it out myself so you'll have to get back to me on what happens. It's pretty easy, but there's a lot of words.

First you need to make a tissue layer made out of steel. That's simple enough by just copying skin and changing the material.

Then you need to make a new body detail plan in b_detail_plan_default that references the new skin.

Lastly, you need to copy the human creature from creature_standard, and change two lines, which I will bold below:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Like I said, I didn't/won't be testing it, try at your own risk. The only issue I can see is that I have no damn clue what will happen when it has two skin layers, or which one will be on top. Given the limited info I have, the steel skin should be over the normal skin, but I have no way of knowing. It may only allow one skin, and the normal skin would replace the metal skin, or perhaps just crash the game as soon as one appears. Your best bet would be to just use the steel skin INSTEAD of normal skin, rather than having to have both like you wanted, in which case you would just delete the [ADD_MATERIAL:SKIN:SKIN_TEMPLATE] and [ADD_TISSUE:SKIN:SKIN_TEMPLATE] from METALSKINSTANDARD_MATERIAL and METALSKINSTANDARD_TISSUES above.

How can things be set to spawn in hell? I want adamantine colossi fighting the demons... and eerie glowing bees :D

For starters, nothing that spawns down there will fight anything else that spawns down there, unless you found some amazing way to create one of those subterranean civs that generated down there, and I don't think that's possible yet.

As far as creating a creature that spawns there, I would assume BIOME:HELL or BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_HELL would be the right place, however I have no way of knowing for sure and am too lazy to actually test it to find out.

Also anything that spawns there may need [EXTRA_VISION] to be able to see, I'm not really sure.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 07:21:54 am by Zaik »
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 06:48:07 pm »

Things that spawn in hell need CAVERN_LAYER:5:5 and BIOME:SUBTERRAIN_CHASEM I know these are baddly spelled and only ref the proper tags. Too lazy to bring up my notes.

And any "wild" creature will be attacked by the "Clowns" but this makes me want to make a "Hell" Civ

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 06:57:01 pm »

narhiril wrote a detailed post on hell fauna here recently.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 07:16:39 pm by trees »
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 07:11:21 pm »

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Goldmoon627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 10:14:37 pm »

Can someone please help me out and show me how to achieve one if the following results?

1: make alligators and crocodiles drop a tannable hide instead of scales.
Or
2: how to make scales tannable
Would be cool if one could order amputations to fight infections.

UristMcComsense: But... But.. It's the head wound that's infected!
UristMcMaddoc: Worth a try.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 10:23:33 pm »

Can someone please help me out and show me how to achieve one if the following results?

1: make alligators and crocodiles drop a tannable hide instead of scales.
Or
2: how to make scales tannable

Goto "material_template_default.txt" and find the SCALE entry and add
   [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SCALE]

this will allow scales to be tanned giving you "croc scale gloves" and what not

skywerewolf

• Bay Watcher
  • When in doubt, burn people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 05:12:36 pm »

Is there a way to make a reaction to get an item poisoned? I want to do arrows, but I also always play as bat men or cave swallow men so would I have to use a character that has easy access to armor, or is there a way to get armor custom built for a character so I can handle them, but I play adventure mode a lot, so I wanted to see the effect of launching tainted arrows.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 05:29:30 pm »

Is there a way to make a reaction to get an item poisoned? I want to do arrows, but I also always play as bat men or cave swallow men so would I have to use a character that has easy access to armor, or is there a way to get armor custom built for a character so I can handle them, but I play adventure mode a lot, so I wanted to see the effect of launching tainted arrows.
You can't coat items through a reaction but you can do this:
Fill a barrel with desired poison
dump weapons/ammo and the barrel of poison in a 1x1 tile garbage dump
forbid the poison in the barrel (add dump too just in case)
claim barrel
wait for dwarf to grab barrel and empty contents onto weapons/ammo
claim all poisoned stuff
NOTE dwarves the wash themselves or go into the rain will have to weapons cleaned of poison (donno if acual washing will do this)

skywerewolf

• Bay Watcher
  • When in doubt, burn people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 05:31:20 pm »

Actually, I was thinking about adventure mode. I always sneak around and snipe, so i wanted to see what adding poison did to the mix.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4