Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Small modding questions thread  (Read 3473 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Small modding questions thread
« on: January 01, 2012, 10:36:16 am »

I saw these on some other forums, and they seemed useful. The basic idea is to post any questions you have that are too small to deserve their own thread.
Imma start: How do you mod in an elven/human/goblin (?) liaison so that you can request stuff from them?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Small modding questions thread
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 11:24:59 am »

Ah we kinda have that already the Modder's Workshop, But it is fairly cluttered. So two wouldn't be so bad, Also these are very useful. Say if someone knows how to use the SEARCH command on these fourms they can probally find the answer to their question. But on to answering yours:

To add the Liaisons you must add them as a noble (or give that responsibity to a exsisting one)

Code: [Select]
[POSITION:OUTPOST_LIAISON]
[NAME:outpost liaison:outpost liaisons]
[NUMBER:1]
[RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE]
[RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS]
[APPOINTED_BY:MONARCH]
[PRECEDENCE:80]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[SLEEP_PRETENSION]
[PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[COLOR:7:0:1]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[DEMAND_MAX:3]
[REQUIRED_BOXES:3]
[REQUIRED_CABINETS:2]
[REQUIRED_RACKS:2]
[REQUIRED_STANDS:2]
[REQUIRED_OFFICE:1500]
[REQUIRED_BEDROOM:1500]
[REQUIRED_DINING:1500]
So just add this in the entity.txt under the entity that lacks this noble (dwarves have him already)

Meph had found this and I found it from him. So if you want to know more ask him, he is making the Masterwork Dwarf Fortress mod.
EDIT:
Masterwork Dwarf Fortress

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 12:18:55 pm »

These are the BEST. FORUMS. EVER!
(Fits the best game ever, of course :D )

Thanks man, two more questions though:
1) For elves, [APPOINTED_BY:MONARCH] has to be changed for [APPOINTED_BY:DRUID], right?
2) If I give goblins a diplomat and a liaison, will they come to trade?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 12:37:26 pm »

Fixed that for you: Meph Quietust had found this and I found it from him. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=67861.0

Answers:
1. Yes
2. Yes, but only if they are not at war with you. Change ethics and babysnatcher in the raws to do that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 12:42:03 pm »

2. Yes, but only if they are not at war with you. Change ethics and babysnatcher in the raws to do that.

You don't have to. Peace treaties can be signed between dwarves and goblins sometimes.
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
"Tigermen are lazy and worthless... but not MY friend, Grroawarul."

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 12:47:10 pm »

You don't have to. Peace treaties can be signed between dwarves and goblins sometimes.

Not if they still have [BABYSNATCHER] - that token (along with [ITEM_THIEF]) forces hostility.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 04:01:55 pm »

Not if they still have [BABYSNATCHER] - that token (along with [ITEM_THIEF]) forces hostility.

Peace treaties are signed in legends mode. They are hostile by default, but they can still become peaceful to eachother.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 04:07:24 pm by ayoriceball »
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
"Tigermen are lazy and worthless... but not MY friend, Grroawarul."

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 04:10:04 pm »

Until they kidnap again and start the war all over, or if they start a war over the ethics. Which they do no matter how many peace treaties they sign they just keep fighting. Also I just had my Dwarves send me an Outpost liaison and a random peasent. And they are both asking me what I want from the mountianhomes. I do not want this because not only is it annoying and redundant, but the very last leaving "liaison" will be the orders I want.

here is the Dwarf Entity

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 04:23:46 pm »

Peace treaties are signed in legends mode. They are hostile by default, but they can still become peaceful to eachother.

Peace treaties can only be created to end world gen wars, the kind that the elves declare on everyone for killing trees. [ITEM_THIEF] and [BABYSNATCHER] don't make the civilization declare wars on other civilizations (ethics do that), it makes them steal items/children from other civilizations and, naturally, they don't like having their items/children stolen. It's not possible to get goblin caravans in vanilla unless you give dwarves [BABYSNATCHER] (which will also make every non-babysnatcher race hostile to you) or remove it from the goblins.

Only thing that I could think of that could happen in vanilla for you to get goblin merchants would be if a group of them migrated in to a human settlement during world gen (which I know can happen) and they then arrived as merchants or bodyguards with the caravan (which I'm not sure about - I don't think merchants get pulled from historical figures).

Hugo, at a glance, I don't see anything wrong with your entity positions. Did you duplicate the dwarf entity, somehow?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 04:32:57 pm by trees »
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

C27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 05:01:12 pm »

It's not possible to get goblin caravans in vanilla unless you give dwarves [BABYSNATCHER] (which will also make every non-babysnatcher race hostile to you) or remove it from the goblins.

I've gotten goblin caravans in vanilla before, so I must disagree.
Gold is for the mistress– silver for the maid–
Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.
‘Good!’ said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
‘But iron– cold iron– is ruler of them all’.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 05:05:33 pm »

Another minor question: is there a way to have things scar faster than normal? I am aware of [HEALING RATE:], but I do belive the mind flayers from genisis can somehow heal faster than that.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 05:12:23 pm »

Strange. How'd they behave? (How often did they come, what did they bring, etc)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 05:15:36 pm »

Hugo, at a glance, I don't see anything wrong with your entity positions. Did you duplicate the dwarf entity, somehow?

I only duped them for a Mountian Gnome civ, but I made sure they didn't conflict (there are no two MOUNTIAN entities) and this is acaully a first in my Mod that this has happened... Could this just be random happenstance of DF bugging out and setting two Outpost Liaisons? Because I've been glaring at the dwarf entity going through it tag by tag (skipping the reaction and workshop section) I even intergated every noble position and only Outpost Liaison's have the required responability.

Right now I'm just going to ignore it, and hope that the next world gen there is only one Outpost Liaison... Man thats a weird word Liaison.

Strange. How'd they behave? (How often did they come, what did they bring, etc)

Probally stones and animal crafts/meat? just a guess lol

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 06:53:43 pm »

Possibly just iron weapons and hides. Maybe some troll hair and possibly some pet trolls.

C27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 11:40:56 pm »

They were actually pretty comparable to humans, a wide variety of stuff from weapons and metal bars to food and leather. No troll cloth, as this was before shearing was implemented afaicr, but it may have happened since then.
Gold is for the mistress– silver for the maid–
Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.
‘Good!’ said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
‘But iron– cold iron– is ruler of them all’.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4