Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Small modding questions thread  (Read 3463 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Small modding questions thread
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 05:40:22 pm »

Actually, I was thinking about adventure mode. I always sneak around and snipe, so i wanted to see what adding poison did to the mix.
Then have a adventure mode endabled reaction that gives you poison, drop weapon/ammo on ground. then dump poison on top

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 05:42:32 pm »

could also mod in a new wood material that has a syndrome. Then make an adventurer reaction to change (wooden) arrows to (poisoned wooden) arrows. I'm doing the !!SCIENCE!! on this one at the moment (40k Power weapons)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 05:49:29 pm »

could also mod in a new wood material that has a syndrome. Then make an adventurer reaction to change (wooden) arrows to (poisoned wooden) arrows. I'm doing the !!SCIENCE!! on this one at the moment (40k Power weapons)
That would work in a sense only if the poisoned wood would melt at body temp. and that means it needs to be stuck in. Next release this will be possible without melting the arrow/bolt/ammo

skywerewolf

• Bay Watcher
  • When in doubt, burn people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 05:58:23 pm »

good to see some !!SCIENCE!! going on. I'm using a summon run right now, just to see how much damage I can rack up with a crossbow, so I could just do that. thanks

skywerewolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 06:05:09 pm »

what's normal body temp? I'm making the metal right now to use for my summoning.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 06:24:33 pm »

10067 Urists is the default body temperature unless a creature is set differently.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

skywerewolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 06:32:07 pm »

Lol. It works, but the metal melted quickly and I lost the modfied, named it atshium, items I was using. Useful for my "summon items" play.
Bad idea. I was using tigerman for this, so i had him start biting once the weapons melted. He took in the infected blood and got paralyzed.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 06:33:42 pm by skywerewolf »

skywerewolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 07:06:01 pm »

Ok, need a little help. I can get the arrow to poison by melting at body temp, but the only symptom I could inflict was paralysis. I have the poison enter the bloodstream but aside from that it has nothing speical. Any ideas?

Goldmoon627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 07:21:57 pm »

I dont know if this is the right place for this but i figured i would ask here because it will probably require modding the raws

I recently wanted to start a breeding program on a massive scale to fuel a few different industries at once, but i found a bump in my plan.

"Also note that once a certain number of animals of a particular type are present in your fortress (currently observed to be around 50), that type of animal will cease to become pregnant (existing pregnancies will produce young, but they will not become pregnant again); once enough adults are slaughtered, more will begin to be born. "

I found the above text on the wiki and i was wondering if it was possible to change this to something higher.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:07:46 pm by Goldmoon627 »
Would be cool if one could order amputations to fight infections.

UristMcComsense: But... But.. It's the head wound that's infected!
UristMcMaddoc: Worth a try.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 07:27:23 pm »

Ok, need a little help. I can get the arrow to poison by melting at body temp, but the only symptom I could inflict was paralysis. I have the poison enter the bloodstream but aside from that it has nothing speical. Any ideas?
Could you post exactly what your syndrome tags look like, along with the material? That might help us to see what your problem is here.

I found the above text on the wiki and i was wondering if it was possible to change this to something higher.
Nope, hardcoded. This can still easily result in you having 100-150 creatures all at the same time (more if they are egg-layers) since (49 animals)*(2-3 children each)=approximately 100-150 creatures.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

skywerewolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2012, 07:36:30 pm »

[INORGANIC:ASTHMIAUM]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE]
   [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:asthmiaum]
   [STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:liquid death]
   [STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:air toxins]
   [DISPLAY_COLOR:0:12:3]
   [MATERIAL_VALUE:100]
   [SPEC_HEAT:450]
   [MELTING_POINT:10067]
   [BOILING_POINT:15150]
[SOLID_DENSITY:200000]
[IMPACT_YIELD:4000000]
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:5000000]
[IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:4000000]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:5000000]
[COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100]
[TENSILE_YIELD:4000000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:5000000]
[TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100]
[TORSION_YIELD:4000000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:5000000]
[TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100]
[SHEAR_YIELD:4000000]
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:5000000]
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100]
[BENDING_YIELD:4000000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:5000000]
[BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100]
   [ITEMS_WEAPON][ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED][ITEMS_AMMO][ITEMS_DIGGER]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:POISON:INORGANIC_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
       [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:ASTHMIAUM metal]
       [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:asthmiaum metal]
       [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:horrible]
       [STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:deadly]
       [STATE_NAME:GAS:air based death]
       [STATE_ADJ:GAS:fear spreading]
       [PREFIX:NONE]
       [SYNDROME]
           [SYN_NAME:metal poison]
           [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
           [SYN_CONTACT]

[CE_SWELLING:SEV:100:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:RESISTABLE:START:50:PEAK

:1000:END:2000]

What I have. I got bored so I decided to see if I could make slade substitute in the mean time.

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2012, 10:54:55 pm »

I dont know if this is the right place for this but i figured i would ask here because it will probably require modding the raws

I recently wanted to start a breeding program on a massive scale to fuel a few different industries at once, but i found a bump in my plan.

"Also note that once a certain number of animals of a particular type are present in your fortress (currently observed to be around 50), that type of animal will cease to become pregnant (existing pregnancies will produce young, but they will not become pregnant again); once enough adults are slaughtered, more will begin to be born. "

Build a tribble. Adjust the litter size to something absurd, say, 47. One female becomes pregnant and gives birth. You're now one shy of the estimated cap.

I'd recommend setting the gender pop ratio to something equally absurd so if you're lucky all the new young will be female. They all become pregnant at roughly the same time from the male you bought on embark, leading to a theoretical maximum of 49+48^2=2353 tribbles running around your fort at once.

Even relatively low litter sizes are kind of overwhelming if coupled with a fast growth rate. I created some domesticated giant snails with a litter size of four to seven and now my butchers works almost constantly just to keep the population stable.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2012, 12:02:25 am »

Okay, let's say I had a fluffball creature, and I wanted it to have a caste which is able to set itself on fire.  I have the fluffball made already, and I know that it used to be able to set itself on fire, but for the life of me I can't remember how I did it.
Spoiler: The code. (click to show/hide)

I think I could give it an extract with a boiling point higher than its ignition point, make it secrete that extract as powder all over its body, then add an attack that would release some of it as a gas.  That should make all the powder currently on it ignite, right?

Is there a way I can restrict the secretion/ignition of the powder to just one class?

EDIT:  For the new, flammable powder:
Code: [Select]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DUST:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:dust]
      [STATE_COLOR:ALL:WHITE]
      [DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:1]
      [SOLID_DENSITY:1]
      [IGNITE_POINT:10200]
      [MELTING_POINT:14000]
      [BOILING_POINT:15000]
      [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:fluffy annihilation]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
         [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:FLUFFBALL]
         [SYN_CONTACT]
         [SYN_INHALED]
         [CE_DROWSINESS:SEV:300:PROB:90:START:5:PEAK:10:END:1000]
         [CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:300:PROB:60:START:5:PEAK:30:END:1500]
         [CE_NUMBNESS:SEV:300:PROB:30:START:5:PEAK:200:END:1500]
         [CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:100:PROB:1:START:5:PEAK:300:END:5000]
Then:
Code: [Select]
   [SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:DUST:POWDER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL]
   [MATERIAL_BREATH_ATTACK:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:DUST:TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:09:31 am by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2012, 12:03:44 am »

Yeah, just put the secretion tag into that caste only.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2012, 12:10:26 am »

I'm going to add in this stuff, then do some Arena testing to see what happens.  Wish me luck!

EDIT:  The results are in!  I added in two new castes, one male and one female, which can spontaneously combust without harming themselves.  The female variant is still milkable, to boot.  This opens up a whole new world of fluffy possibilities!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:37:28 am by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4