Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 18: Immortal Kombat]  (Read 16702 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 16: Deific Transformation Sequence]
« Reply #180 on: February 05, 2012, 01:47:42 am »

Er.  Are the creations of no longer playing gods still around?
Indeed. On a related note, "ownership" of creations is a fairly loose concept.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2012, 12:38:57 pm »

Makes sense.  [Mine now!]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2012, 11:40:58 pm »

Turn 17: Invasion

aaand animal life! Pzzap!

[4] You add fairly simple, albeit still strange, animal life to your domain.

Pantheon orders the Hivemind to begin invasion...especially on Tyr'Vannen's domains.
[6] You drive the hivemind into a rapacious fury. It begins assembling itself and launches an assault on Tyr'Vannen's cloud.

[6] vs [2] The feeble inhabitants of the dream world are no match for the hivemind's adamantium form and utter unity, and it quickly establishes a foothold.

Tyr mused on this. He wasn't alone. But...he needed to know.

Expand sphere of influence.
[2+1] You manage to increase the size of your domain, but not by much.

[2] vs [6] The Hive Mind invades your Dream World, quickly establishing itself.

Use the Throne of Command to command the Hivemind to worship me and construct temples in my honor until I tell it otherwise.
[5-1] vs [6] The Hive Mind rebuffs your command, partially aided by the protective nature of the Dream World.

Make better aquatic plants.J
[1+1] You make slightly sticky algae.

Mobkogoth twists his faceplate into a smirk, then concentrates very hard, attempting to summon up some form of great-weapon for his new host. Details are of no importance, it just needs to be deadly, efficient and possibly shiny.
[5] You conjure a great and graceful claymore of shining golden light. It should prove more than adequate for dealing with fools.

Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)

As a reminder, whoever has the most awesome thing by Turn 20 gets the Super-Act.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2012, 11:43:54 pm »

Now... copy the whole planet thing, paste by an edge, and randomize land features. Repeat process a couple dozen times.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 17: Invasion]
« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2012, 11:53:11 pm »

The presence...It was here.

"To battle my entities! You shall not fall to this alien presence!"

Defend! Rally my creations, especially the Lightning Entities. Arm them with the material made out of the very place! Sever the link and teach the invader the power of Law!

If that was already an action and one more can be done:

Expand my Dreamworld to connect to sentient mortals

((I hope the warding works, squaring off against an elder being scares me.))
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:12:13 am by Tiruin »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 10, 2012, 11:53:54 pm »

Assert myself over the Prophet again, and kick out its parasite.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2012, 12:29:39 am »

Mobkogoth shall use his newly-formed sword to strike down the foolish Thrakor from his throne, claiming it for his own uses! With a creepy, hollow laughter emanating from the faceplate of the helmet-form he wears as he swings the golden blade, of course.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2012, 12:51:38 am »

"Cor
    upttt!
    Destroy...
            Occupy!
           KILL
            "EmBrAcE uS FoR GreAt GoOD."

Trap every non-adamatine creature/construct/entity in the dreamworld within a random material mechanical sphere.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 02:04:04 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 12, 2012, 06:02:48 am »

Name: Krak-a-zakul
Race: Dead born
Spheres: Death,cold,forging
Bio: An dead born is an wonderous thing, created from the divines that never were but still had the power to be, a dead born are their souls
and bodies assembled to a single living skeletal being.
Appearance: Something that would resemble an human skeleton, if not for the masses of skeletons of Titans,daemons and other divines that never became. and the cloak made of tangliable shadow, never forget the cloak

yeah, waitlist
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 06:13:06 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2012, 04:41:30 am »

Turn 18: Immortal Kombat

Now... copy the whole planet thing, paste by an edge, and randomize land features. Repeat process a couple dozen times.
[6+3] You find yourself utterly unable to simply replicate such a large and complex area. That doesn't stop you from trying, resulting in a bulge of randomized, but still similarly bizarre, land with accompanying bubble sprouting off from one side of your creation.

...is it growing? It looks like it might be growing...

The presence...It was here.

"To battle my entities! You shall not fall to this alien presence!"

Defend! Rally my creations, especially the Lightning Entities. Arm them with the material made out of the very place! Sever the link and teach the invader the power of Law!
[6+1] Armed with dreamstuff weapons, your lightning entities and dream beings assault the Hivemind in a frenzy.

[6+1] vs [3] Their ravening assault catches the Hivemind off-guard, and it finds portions of itself splitting off into separate, dreaming entities. Its invasion is definitely pushed back, though not completely out of the dreamworld.

Assert myself over the Prophet again, and kick out its parasite.
[5+1] vs [5+1] You engage in a titanic battle of wills with the parasite, but the battle ends in a stalemate.

[2] vs [5+1] Or rather, your assault ends in a stalemate. His counterattack with a giant, divinely glowing claymore is rather painful and effective.

Mobkogoth shall use his newly-formed sword to strike down the foolish Thrakor from his throne, claiming it for his own uses! With a creepy, hollow laughter emanating from the faceplate of the helmet-form he wears as he swings the golden blade, of course.
[5+1] vs [2] Your mighty assault cleaves the pitiful Thrakor, who fails utterly to defend himself. He is clearly wounded, but it'll take more than that to stop a god.

"Cor
    upttt!
    Destroy...
            Occupy!
           KILL
            "EmBrAcE uS FoR GreAt GoOD."

Trap every non-adamatine creature/construct/entity in the dreamworld within a random material mechanical sphere.
[4+2-1] You expertly seal a good portion of the dreamworld's entities in mechanical spheres of all materials. Of course, many more remain.

Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)

Well now, seems things are heating up.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 18: Immortal Kombat]
« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2012, 05:30:40 am »

The fracturing of the Hivemind sowed dissent within the Pantheon the current head of the Pantheon could not hold his position, and soon the entity was once again in utter anarchy. For anyone not of the Pantheon, it was unnoticeable. For those within, it was the equal of months of strife and unstable. Eventually a leader stepped up.

"I know something about dreams..."

Transform all entities that have been disconnected from the Hivemind into the Dreaminds. Sentient minds that take the very dreams themselves and fashion them into the golems and ships similar to that of the Hivemind. Unlike the Hivemind, each of these will have random personalities, often at conflict with each other and damaging the very world.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 05:33:33 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2012, 05:36:50 am »

((If I had a tangible fist, I'd be shaking it furiously right now.))

Infuse one or more of my Lightning Entities with a faction of the Dreamworld's strength and power and fortitude, and fight back the invader, again! Backlash time!

If the process of infusion is successful, give secure command of the Dreamworld to said entity.

Edit:Ninja'dHiveminded.

((Yea to Elder God!))

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2012, 05:48:14 am »

Use my act and action to make an ecosystem in my water-sphere.

Just two more turns to make something AWESOME. And the new version of dwarf fortress is here. Well dammit.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 05:50:23 am by Superior_Tomato »
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2012, 07:19:54 am »

Gift sentience unto the elementals, then intrduce self. "Allo! I'm your god! Hows it goin'?"

Hehehe, I've turned my planet into a galactic cancer or something ^.^
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2012, 09:44:49 am »

Ow.

Disobedience will be punished.

Use the Throne of Command to order the Prophet to smash his own head, taking the helmet with it!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14