Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 18: Immortal Kombat]  (Read 16717 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 15: Power Overwhelming]
« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2012, 12:19:39 am »

Let's use that worship to seriously increase the size of my domain!  (Raw earth is fine for now- I just want more land.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2012, 01:14:54 am »

Create aquatic plants inside my domain.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2012, 03:32:07 am »

Change the natural colour of the universe! A random one!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2012, 06:00:31 am »

Secure order by giving my entities rule over those mad-things, to mould them in the way they like. Preferably one that would acknowledge morality, and their creator and it's (other) creations.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:02:10 am by Tiruin »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2012, 03:39:57 pm »

(Oh crap, sorry I forgot about this! D: Kinda thought it was dead, or at least a bit ill...)

Mobkogoth places himself somewhere near Thrakor's lands, simply lying there as though discarded. When Thrakor's prophet approaches, he will strike, compelling the zealous creature to pick up his helmet form and wear it, granting the Dread Hat great control over the creature.
Then he will use his remaining buildup of power to compel two other deities, chosen at random, to plunge into a violent war with each other, hopefully providing a decent distraction.

So, I'll use two Acts to make two deities other than me and Thrakor begin to fight each other, one act to compel each of them to attack. :) I didn't want to use all three actions seperately, would've been a bit unfair.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 02, 2012, 09:57:35 pm »

Turn 16: Deific Transformation Sequence

Lets do micro-organisms now!
[3] You make a handful of fairly basic microorganisms.

Let's use that worship to seriously increase the size of my domain!  (Raw earth is fine for now- I just want more land.)
[2+1] You manage to marginally increase your holdings, though "marginally" means something a bit different than it normally would. The region added is medium in size and rather craggy.

Create aquatic plants inside my domain.
[1+1] You create several scraggly things that could roughly be called plant life. Veeeery roughly.

Change the natural colour of the universe! A random one!
[1+1] You find the color of the universe itself is utterly unyielding to your whims. Your own creation is slightly more pliable, but only slightly, acquiring the faintest coasting of [5] bright red dust across its outer barrier. It's barely noticeable at its strongest and rather patchy.

You're suddenly distracted from your coloring project by a realization: Tyr'Vannen! He has to be destroyed. It's urgent! You doubt you'll be able to focus on trivial things with such a monstrous threat on the prowl.

Secure order by giving my entities rule over those mad-things, to mould them in the way they like. Preferably one that would acknowledge morality, and their creator and it's (other) creations.
[1+1] Your edicts fail to make a noticeable impact. Officially your entities declare themselves such and make some motion to honor it, but it's ultimately a hollow proclamation.

You feel a force assault your mind, but battle it to a standstill. You don't know what it was or wanted, but you know it was a rather titanic clash of wills.

Mobkogoth places himself somewhere near Thrakor's lands, simply lying there as though discarded. When Thrakor's prophet approaches, he will strike, compelling the zealous creature to pick up his helmet form and wear it, granting the Dread Hat great control over the creature.
Then he will use his remaining buildup of power to compel two other deities, chosen at random, to plunge into a violent war with each other, hopefully providing a decent distraction.

So, I'll use two Acts to make two deities other than me and Thrakor begin to fight each other, one act to compel each of them to attack. :) I didn't want to use all three actions seperately, would've been a bit unfair.
[6+2] The Prophet snatches you up and places you on his head. Your powers of mind control and his powers of obedience create a reaction like nothing you have ever seen, fusing you utterly with his Prophet. It's a rather awkward situation.

[5][4] You select your targets: Tyr'Vannen and The Pantheon.

[5+1] vs [6] Another stalemate erupts between you and Tyr'Vannen. Curses!

[6+1] vs [2] The Pantheon is far more receptive, its cacophony of voices rising in fury at Tyr'Vannen.

Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)

Okay. It may have been a bit ill after all. :I
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 05:01:05 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 16: Deific Transformation Sequence]
« Reply #171 on: February 02, 2012, 10:00:27 pm »

aaand animal life! Pzzap!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:01:59 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 02, 2012, 11:36:31 pm »

Wait...I have to destroy myself?! Won't this be entertaining...

Pantheon orders the Hivemind to begin invasion...especially on Tyr'Vannen's domains.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:49:08 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2012, 11:51:27 pm »

Well, ain't that an interesting one.

Wonder what would happen if I hopped in in the throne of command and tried to order him around now?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 03, 2012, 05:00:23 am »

Wait...I have to destroy myself?! Won't this be entertaining...

Pantheon attacks itself! It is super effective! Pantheon has fainted!
Son of a...

Fixing now. :I

Well, ain't that an interesting one.

Wonder what would happen if I hopped in in the throne of command and tried to order him around now?
Huh. Hadn't thought of that. Normally he wouldn't be any less of a deity, and so it wouldn't work, but since it's still technically your avatar...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 03, 2012, 05:16:47 am »

Tyr mused on this. He wasn't alone. But...he needed to know.

Expand sphere of influence.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2012, 10:27:19 am »

I could do that, but I have a better plan.

Use the Throne of Command to command the Hivemind to worship me and construct temples in my honor until I tell it otherwise.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2012, 08:13:51 am »

Goddamnit.

Make better aquatic plants.J
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2012, 09:23:53 pm »

Er.  Are the creations of no longer playing gods still around?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 04, 2012, 09:31:42 pm »

Mobkogoth twists his faceplate into a smirk, then concentrates very hard, attempting to summon up some form of great-weapon for his new host. Details are of no importance, it just needs to be deadly, efficient and possibly shiny.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14