Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 18: Immortal Kombat]  (Read 16738 times)

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 11: Life and Commands]
« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2012, 04:53:04 am »

Oh well. As long as it's not falling apart I'm fine with it as it is.

Create a sun that orbit around the sphere of water

Also, it seems I shall have to prepare for a galactic invaision. This may be a little troublesome.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:02:25 am by Superior_Tomato »
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 07, 2012, 05:02:48 am »

Give the factories another production order: spaceships.

Does that count as an act?
Yes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2012, 05:28:26 am »

Mold ~10 or so entities out of the very lightning inhabiting my cloud.

...Tyr looked upon his work, and was not pleased.

For it was still alone. His attempt at creating a land for his followers was dashed.

But there was still hope, for the seeds of his labors were all around him.

And he decided to create beings much like itself.

((Sorry if I do that, but I love this idea of a God-like RTD.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2012, 09:42:53 am »

Disconnect the moving bits from the terrain. Give them shape, a (Long) lifespan, the ability to (slowly) reproduce, and the ability to think, along with a standard array of senses.

I'm making elementals!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2012, 11:27:26 am »

Mobkogoth shall reach out with his mind, gently reminding Derm of the treachery shown by his fellow deities... Making him think of the recent productivity of Thrakor and The Pantheon, and realize how they are plainly plotting against him.
They must be stopped, hmm?
Mobkogoth himself is a very on-edge helmet, the face in the front plate twisted into a pensive frown as he watches the goings-on about him. Create? He shall create. How is the only question...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2012, 05:09:33 pm »

Bit more than I bargained for!

Collect latent spirit energy from all the realms and mold it into a prophet of my greatness.

Also, way to roll up three 7s.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:11:48 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2012, 06:40:11 pm »

Turn 12: Zeal

Give the factories another production order: spaceships.
[4+1] You switch the factories over into spaceship production. They're even slower at this than the figures, due to the massive complexity involved, but still.

Create a sun that orbit around the sphere of water
[3] You create a small, sickly ball of glaring light around your waterball.

Mold ~10 or so entities out of the very lightning inhabiting my cloud.
[4] You successfully create your lightning entities, which obviously have no difficulty thriving within.

Disconnect the moving bits from the terrain. Give them shape, a (Long) lifespan, the ability to (slowly) reproduce, and the ability to think, along with a standard array of senses.
[4] You successfully detach and empower your moving terrain into rather bizarre elementals. They're still very primitive, however.

Abruptly, you realize just what a fool you've been. Thrakor and The Pantheon! You've let those treacherous swine succeed for far too long, and now it might be too late! It's blatantly obvious they're plotting against you, and here you've just let them be!

You've got to stop them. Somehow, you've got to stop them!

Mobkogoth shall reach out with his mind, gently reminding Derm of the treachery shown by his fellow deities... Making him think of the recent productivity of Thrakor and The Pantheon, and realize how they are plainly plotting against him.
They must be stopped, hmm?
Mobkogoth himself is a very on-edge helmet, the face in the front plate twisted into a pensive frown as he watches the goings-on about him. Create? He shall create. How is the only question...
[6+1] vs [1] You utterly crush Derm's will, whipping him into a blind frenzy regarding his fellows' treachery.

Collect latent spirit energy from all the realms and mold it into a prophet of my greatness.
[6+1] You leave the universe a bit darker and more listless from your rampant greed, but that's okay because then you form it into a glowing colossus. It has... less tolerance for those who do not obey you than might be practical.

Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)

I didn't even notice we had that many 7s. Guess it's a fairly extreme universe. :-\
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 12: Zeal]
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2012, 06:42:34 pm »

Quickly hit the pantheon and it's creations with that matter-energy chaos explode ball from turn one, except hypercharge it!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2012, 07:28:46 pm »

Order the Hivemind to take over the universe! Use the spaceships.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 07:58:18 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2012, 07:39:37 pm »

Chuckling, Mobkogoth divides his attention between watching Derm's attack upon the Pantheon with delight and observing Thrakor's newly-created collosus... Specifically working out if it's head would be too large for Mobkogoth's helmet form to fit.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2012, 09:10:11 pm »

I just checked, and that's the fourth seven I've rolled.  Awesome.

Expand the temple with halls for my minions to perform ritual worship of me, thus granting me additional power from their adoration.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2012, 09:32:33 pm »

Give my entities the power of Thought, and the reasoning and morality of Law.

If possible, hone their martial abilities. Teach them song and wisdom.

...Then they strode forth out of the mist. Beings made out of the essence of lightning and energy with no distinct form, able to move throughout the Cloud as they willed.

But something was amiss, their level of sentience was not pleasing to Tyr's gaze.

So it decided, for if he needed to create life, he would need help to guide it.

And now...he was not alone.

((It's not wrong to create helpers as a Divinity right?

Thanks IronyOwl!))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:55:41 pm by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2012, 09:33:49 pm »

((Helpers are fine.))

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2012, 04:36:34 am »

Change the hyper explodinating ball that derm is making into a sun, and set it to orbiting aroung my sphere.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 05:24:09 am by Superior_Tomato »
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2012, 08:24:46 pm »

Turn 13: Supersize

Quickly hit the pantheon and it's creations with that matter-energy chaos explode ball from turn one, except hypercharge it!
[4+3] vs [4] Your explosion races towards the foul Pantheon, only to be transformed and warped into a stable star along the way!

[4] vs [6] More importantly, its course is shifted! Rather than hitting that treasonous cur like he deserves, it's deflected into orbiting Xarl's water ball!

[5] It also occurs to you that maybe this whole thing was a bit hasty. Do you really need to destroy The Pantheon and Thrakor? When exactly did you decide that? It's not like they've even been doing anything. This is strange...

Still, old habits die hard, and you're still a bit nervous about them. Especially now that you've tried to blow one up.

Order the Hivemind to take over the universe! Use the spaceships.
[2] The Hivemind doesn't really feel motivated. It intends to take over the universe anyway, but wants to wait for more ships first.

Chuckling, Mobkogoth divides his attention between watching Derm's attack upon the Pantheon with delight and observing Thrakor's newly-created collosus... Specifically working out if it's head would be too large for Mobkogoth's helmet form to fit.
[2+1] Well, you'd fit, but you're not entirely sure how you'd get on without being stopped. Well, if you move quickly you think that's an opening there, but that won't last long.

Expand the temple with halls for my minions to perform ritual worship of me, thus granting me additional power from their adoration.
[4] You successfully expand the temple. Now if only your minions could reach this place, they'd probably empower you with their near-endless adoration.

Give my entities the power of Thought, and the reasoning and morality of Law.

If possible, hone their martial abilities. Teach them song and wisdom.
[3+2] You fully awaken them into thought and law, resulting in a very wise, orderly, philosophical people.

Change the hyper explodinating ball that derm is making into a sun, and set it to orbiting aroung my sphere.
[5+1] You successfully compress the explosion into a massive star. [6] vs [4] You also successfully divert it from Pantheon to orbit your water sphere, albeit in something of an ellipse.

Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)

I suspect in the future I'll be limiting sphere bonuses to literal attacks, as getting a +3 to every attack via combining all your spheres is both questionable and antithematic. It'd be like if Zeus attacked with a crown-shaped lightning bolt intended to seduce you every time.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14