Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 18: Immortal Kombat]  (Read 16698 times)

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 9: Precious Prizes]
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2012, 10:08:09 pm »

I am going to have to drop out.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2012, 11:07:55 pm »

Ah, that's unfortunate.

On the bright side, FluffyTerranator is in and the waitlist is once again empty.

Toaster: Currently it's just cool. Various factors (worship base, strength/size/"quality" of temple, etc) can potentially make it give concrete benefits, and simply having a solid, stated home can have minor effects (everyone knows where to find you, for instance).
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2012, 05:27:19 am »

In. So in. (for the waitlist obviously).

I will make my sheet momentarily.

Name: Xarl, Lord of the deep.
Race: Void Leveiathan
Spheres: Liquid, change, life
Bio: One of the few hugely powerful creatures that calls the void their home, Xarl is a huge creature composed entirely out of water.

Just a question: Do new gods  get any acts? It seems alittle unfair that the others have had about ten turns to build temples and create followers and new gods have to start from scratch. Maybe They should get acts equal to a quarter of the turns that have passed, to give them a bit of a boost.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:12:20 am by Superior_Tomato »
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2012, 06:41:03 am »

Hm. Not sure how I feel about that.

On the one hand, it's kind of weird and disjointed if a new god comes in and suddenly vomits forth all these changes, and in theory not everything every god does will directly benefit them anyway.

On the other, yeah, I suppose a new god, especially one who comes in kind of late, will probably be a fair bit behind the others in terms of just about anything important.

Hm. Maybe I should make the end-of-objective event incredibly damaging/disruptive/altering in addition to the winner's actions, so that the world kind of has to get back on its feet afterwards and the new guy can tag along for that.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2012, 06:51:21 am »

The players are dropping like flies! If only I'd waitlisted myself earlier.

Name: CHARIOT
Race: Post-Human Super-Intelligence
Spheres: Civilization, Growth, Change
Bio: The singularity came and went, and the resulting posthuman intelligence has at last progressed beyond its home universe to become a nigh-omnipotent dimension-hopping being. It hopes to kickstart sentient life in this universe as well.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2012, 06:54:56 am »

Hm. Maybe I should think of a way to get through the waitlist a bit faster while I'm at it.

...hmmmmm, I wonder what would happen if, instead of/in addition to the best player getting a prize, whoever does worst is slain/banished/imprisoned. Would probably encourage a bit more desperate ruthlessness, if nothing else.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2012, 11:02:09 am »

Mobkogoth, seeing no ideal opportunities to further His own ends at little risk to Himself, shall simply sit, watching all.
Perhaps he'll plant some strange, disturbing dreams of monocle-wearing fluorescent sheep into the minds of the few mortal creatures created so far, but that's it. That's just for a bit of a chuckle.

I don't really have anything to do at the moment, but I know I'm not supposed to hoard Acts! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2012, 11:51:53 am »

Irony:  Maybe give new players an extra act for each of the next 3 or so turns.  That way, they get some time to catch up, but they can't blow it all at once.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2012, 03:32:26 pm »

That seems like a good idea. Otherwise, people could be like: 'I cause an Earthquake under that guy! I make a lightning bolt strike them! I cause giant rock golems to rise up and squish all their minions! I...' See where I'm going with this? :P
...Not that I really think anyone would do that exactly, just an example.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2012, 04:21:21 pm »

Create automated factories within the sphere that processes the mined admantium into humanoid-shaped figures.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2012, 09:05:48 am »

Irony:  Maybe give new players an extra act for each of the next 3 or so turns.  That way, they get some time to catch up, but they can't blow it all at once.

I agree.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2012, 06:22:01 pm »

Also, I don't think Fluffy's coming back, so Superior_Tomato is probably in. Sorry about the delay, I'll try to get a turn out soon.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2012, 05:28:40 am »

Awesome, though it may be an idea to PM Fluffy just to check. Anyway, do I get to post an action?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2012, 07:02:02 am »

I did when the slot first opened, hasn't responded.

So yes, you can post your action. Though I'm still not sure if I'm going to give newcomers extra Acts or not.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2012, 07:09:30 am »

give newcomers extra Acts or not.

Don't  :D

We have power. The Elder Gods do have extra powers and all...

That means mostly everyone else except me and him.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14