Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 18: Immortal Kombat]  (Read 16756 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 3: Control]
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2012, 10:50:14 pm »

To be fair, you signed up to...

Take the role of a dark god and shape the fate of a nightmarish realm.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2012, 10:52:37 pm »

Hiss. I wanted to be the one nice guy in the whole place, who treats his people well...

THEN CREATES AN UNDEAD ARMY AND SLOWLY WATCH AS THE HUMANS ATTEMPT TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST THE UNENDING WAVES OF UNDEAD!

Maybe with a bit of help from me, just to let them last a while...

:/. But now, this dick is ruining my plan. Zombies vs four-armed Aliens? No. Zombies vs Fleshy humans? YES.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2012, 10:54:08 pm »

To be fair, you signed up to...

Take the role of a dark god and shape the fate of a nightmarish realm.

...The only requirement for characters is that the world must end up fairly dark and unpleasant. Note that this doesn't even mean you personally have to be evil, so long as you screw up or your teammates can pick up the slack. Also note that the universe will probably be fairly small, as creating entire planets or continents is very difficult.
Fixed. Tyr is not necessarily evil or good. Dave, you have free rule over your place.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2012, 10:57:49 pm »

Turn 4: Spread Thin

Try and curse my obsession. Seriously, I don't like ugly sand four-armed people.
[6] Don't like? DON'T LIKE?! You HATE ugly four-armed sand people! You'll DESTROY ugly four-armed sand people! GRAAAAAAAH!

[3] You calm yourself down a bit. You still don't think you like ugly four-armed sand people, though. Like, more than usual.

In unrelated news, some force attempts to invade your mind. You beat it to a standstill, unaffected but unable to figure out what it was or was trying to do.

Create a large (And thick) disc of land that encompasses the flat bit, except maybe hovering somewhat above it.
[3] You create a thin, crumbly plate listing slightly above the bottom of the hemidome.

Mabkogoth grows impatient with Horace's foolishness, and decides his weak-minded fellow deity needs a helping hand.
He shall simply remain a small, hidden presence in the latter's mind, keeping the image of the four-armed creatures at the forefront, highlighting the strength and power of these creatures, and what ideal servants they would make, destroying all of Horace's opponents in battle with their claws and armoured hides.
So, basically just try to strengthen Horace's obsession with creating the sand-skinned creatures.
[5+1] vs [6] An epic clash of wills commences as you hurl your mental force against Horace's defenses. Yet another stalemate results.

Pefect my sphere. Then if possible, expand the sphere.
[3] You strengthen the barrier, but not by much.

[6] You expand it so rapidly that the insulation surrounding it stretches and cracks. It's now just barely insulated.

[2] You fail to strengthen the insulation, merely spreading it more evenly instead.

Create small humans on Mini-Earth.
[5] You masterfully create tiny human-shaped bugs. They scurry around on the surface of your sphere, unintelligent but amusing.

Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2012, 11:00:22 pm »

Work on my world. Mold it into a habitual area. It's about four acres right now, so just keep the "Basic" template, which seems to be made of sand right now. Try to do things such as giving it oxygen, a small sun or whatnot to allow life, gravity, you know, those shenanigans.

Turn may change when I see whatever Yoink posts, because screw that dude.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 4: Spread Thin]
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2012, 11:02:38 pm »

Make a gigantic turtle with four somewhat smaller but still gigantic elephants on it underneath the world to hold it up.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2012, 11:34:52 pm »

Strengthen the sphere.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2012, 11:39:30 pm »

Give them the ability to think and communicate.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2012, 11:39:50 pm »

You know, I could have sworn I posted a turn.  My bad!

1.  Order my minions to begin worshiping me, and to construct statues in my honor!

2.  Expand the realm to include a flatter rocky area surrounding the crag.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2012, 12:17:20 am »

Turn 5: Overkill Earth

Work on my world. Mold it into a habitual area. It's about four acres right now, so just keep the "Basic" template, which seems to be made of sand right now. Try to do things such as giving it oxygen, a small sun or whatnot to allow life, gravity, you know, those shenanigans.
[1] You decide the first step is to solidify the sand, which usually means turning it into a solid tornado that would grind down anything in or on it into a fine mist over time.

Wait.

Make a gigantic turtle with four somewhat smaller but still gigantic elephants on it underneath the world to hold it up.
[2] You make a very small turtle. It's a little bigger than a basketball.

Strengthen the sphere.
[4] You do so. The barrier surrounding it is still weak, but too solid to worry about being damaged or destroyed by anything unintentional.

Give them the ability to think and communicate.
[6+1] In your zeal to make them prosperous, you turn them into a hivemind. They begin crawling around with a bit more purpose now, not that there's much to do on a pretty ball.

1.  Order my minions to begin worshiping me, and to construct statues in my honor!

2.  Expand the realm to include a flatter rocky area surrounding the crag.
[6+1] They go berserk. Receiving their worship and having statues carved in your honor is nice, but you're pretty sure they're going to die from exhaustion at this rate.

[4+1] You create a large, craggy ring surrounding the main spike. You now have a sheer cliff surrounded by vaguely flat land.

The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 5: Overkill Earth]
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2012, 12:18:34 am »

Make the disc thicker. Set the underneath on perpetual fire.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2012, 12:29:12 am »

FFFUUU-...Alright, calm down. Re-do. Make a basic 6 acre plot of flat land. Of course, have it about a mile deep. Just...simple. Make it out of nice, soft, earthy soil. And, if you can, bloody gravity please.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2012, 12:58:40 am »

How many mental stalemates can I manage to roll?! :o

Deciding it is time for some R&R, Mobkogoth shall abandon his true plans for now, instead amusing himself by reaching for the puny, half-developed mind of the Basketball Turtle, commanding it to charge upon the tasty humanoids created by Azundan.

His Act he shall use to convince Azundan that the attacking turtle is three times its pathetic size.
He shall then settle back in his helmet form, smirk to himself and observe the results from afar.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2012, 01:04:28 am »

SON OF A BI---

Restrain the turtle from attacking my cute little humans.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2012, 01:19:54 am »

Turn 6: On Earth And Size

Make the disc thicker. Set the underneath on perpetual fire.
[4] You strengthen and thicken the disc, though it remains a bit ragged-looking. You don't get around to lighting it on fire.

FFFUUU-...Alright, calm down. Re-do. Make a basic 6 acre plot of flat land. Of course, have it about a mile deep. Just...simple. Make it out of nice, soft, earthy soil. And, if you can, bloody gravity please.
[6] You make a nice fluffy cloud of earth, the size of a medium region and condensed loosely into a ball.

Deciding it is time for some R&R, Mobkogoth shall abandon his true plans for now, instead amusing himself by reaching for the puny, half-developed mind of the Basketball Turtle, commanding it to charge upon the tasty humanoids created by Azundan.

His Act he shall use to convince Azundan that the attacking turtle is three times its pathetic size.
He shall then settle back in his helmet form, smirk to himself and observe the results from afar.
[4+1] You make the turtle hungry for delicious little humansnacks, and it moves in for the kill.

[1+1] vs [1] You fail to really make much of an impression, but Azundan is apparently quite gullible today. You successfully convince him that the turtle is the size of three basketballs instead of one, which you suppose will make it harder for him to stop it.

SON OF A BI---

Restrain the turtle from attacking my cute little humans.
[3-1] Fooled by the turtle's deceptive size, you fail to stop it from reaching your mini-earth and nomming a few humans.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14