Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Kitten vomit! Kitten vomit everywhere!  (Read 2700 times)

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
Kitten vomit! Kitten vomit everywhere!
« on: December 31, 2011, 11:11:36 am »

So. Just after Christmas I was adopted by a kitten. We all think "Heh, it'll never happen to me!" and then one day Blam! The mind control kicks in and that's that. I had intended to call it Urist Lungtrumpets the Ancient Messianic Spirit, but it ended up being named Jasper, which is still at least a gem. And truth be told, it doesn't have any kills yet so a full title would have been presumptuous. Anyway, Jasper was sitting on the end of my bed just now and vomited. Really rather a lot (my calculations indicate that prior to vomiting, it must have been composed of at least 50% vomit by volume). My initial reaction was of course "Gah! Cat Vomit! My bed!". And then I realized. I've spent hours, perhaps even days training in virtual reality for just such a situation as this. So I immediately pastured Jasper in another room and deconstructed and rebuilt the bed. Problem solved! Now I am left with a mystery. I know for a fact that my new pet has not sustained an attack to the lower body and there have been no forgotten beast attacks on my fort...

I just felt that I should post this here because where else in all the world, indeed perhaps in all the internets, would I find people who can appreciate these above recounted events?       
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kitten vomit! Kitten vomit everywhere!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 11:17:27 am »

I would blame miasma. If you're not paying attention you'll never see the purple smoke.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 11:26:25 am »

Had it fallen great heights? That could have possibly caused some injury.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 11:42:47 am »

Maybe he's been eating stuff he shouldn't? Also make sure he drinks alot of water if this keeps up or it can lead to dehydration pretty quickly.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 11:48:40 am »

Perhaps it's cave adaption.  Did you keep the kitten in darkness for a while, then expose it to sunlight?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 12:00:18 pm »

Perhaps it has a bruised stomach? Was it struck by spinning microline recently?

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 12:59:10 pm »

Quick! Head to HomeDepot the Aid of Building and trade for some mechanisms, grates and hatch covers! This phenomenon must be weaponized!

Or just switch to dry food, either way.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 02:27:15 pm »

This thread made me think of this pic. Now you know how we are adopted!
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 02:52:55 pm »

To the Butcher!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 03:10:55 pm »

Unfortunately not possible. If the cat has adopted someone, it can't be butchered. Unless...

Wayward, please go into that room and pull the lever in there. Lock the door behind you.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 03:26:39 pm »

I'm just astonished that he manage to pasture a kitten.  I know the dwarves manage it somehow, but my real-life experience with cats is that putting them in a room and telling them to stay there just doesn't work that well.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 04:54:37 pm »

Keep the door tightly sealed. Should do the trick.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 04:56:50 pm »

I'm just astonished that he manage to pasture a kitten.  I know the dwarves manage it somehow, but my real-life experience with cats is that putting them in a room and telling them to stay there just doesn't work that well.
You've got to make sure the door is closed tightly, so it's not pet-passable.
Locking it works too...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 07:58:20 am »

but it ended up being named Jasper,
Spoiler: SCNR (click to show/hide)

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 01:18:49 pm »

Oh no...

You have a syndrome. Get quarantining right away!
[Signature]
Pages: [1] 2