Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 754900 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #5685 on: September 25, 2012, 10:11:07 am »

Doesn't change that they're relevant.
Indeed. ಠ_ರೃ

EDIT: Romney & Ryan unveil their plans for space exploration and NASA's priorities.

Boils down to "Obama is doing it all wrong, we'll do it right. Once we figure out how all that rockety stuff works."  ::)

No word as to whether Romney would request that NASA include windows that can be opened from the inside on future spaceship designs.
Also no word as to when NASA would begin its search for Kolob.

DOUBLE-EDIT: Paul Ryan was asked why Ron Paul supporters should support he and Romney. His answer didn't exactly knock it out of the park.

Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan made a pitch to Ron Paul supporters during a  rally in Lima, Ohio, on Monday when asked why libertarians should support the Romney-Ryan ticket.

"For those of us who would have voted in the primaries for, say, Ron Paul, why should we vote for you and not, say, libertarians or Vermin Supreme and the Pony Party or something like that?" a man from the audience asked during the question and answer session.

"Do you want Barack Obama to be re-elected?" Ryan asked. "Then don't vote for Ron Paul."

Ooooookay. So you're saying they *should* vote for Vermin Supreme then?  ???
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:05:28 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: September 25, 2012, 11:17:06 am »

I don't think Ryan understands that the "Anything But Obama" argument doesn't work very well on the libertarian crowd. Obama, while not ideal, is not the death of all they know like he is to social conservatives. And of the two main candidates in this election, Obama is not the one who betrayed His Holiness The Glorious Prophet Ron Ernest Paul Of Pittsburgh.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: September 25, 2012, 11:21:37 am »

I thought Paul was from Texas?

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: September 25, 2012, 11:22:41 am »

He was born in Pittsburgh, or so says Dr. Wik. E. Pedia.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: September 25, 2012, 12:03:58 pm »

Bah, everyone knows you can't trust anything liberal elites like doctors say.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: September 25, 2012, 12:10:50 pm »

And college grads! Der de werst!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: September 25, 2012, 12:35:12 pm »

Welp, it's official. Mitt Romney is fucking stupid. Maybe I took that quote wrong, but wow.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: September 25, 2012, 12:47:15 pm »

Welp, it's official. Mitt Romney is fucking stupid. Maybe I took that quote wrong, but wow.

From my perspective, Mitt Romney has managed to take a situation where a Democrat president has been pushing through some quite unpopular reforms that have alienated a large number of voters and fuck it up. He has fucked everything up for himself every single time. Gaff after gaff, fuck up after fuck up. I just think he's a bit of a robot that's not particularly bright.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: September 25, 2012, 12:48:47 pm »

Now, now...he's just a Mormon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: September 25, 2012, 12:48:55 pm »

From my perspective, Mitt Romney has managed to take a situation where a Democrat president has been pushing through some quite unpopular reforms that have alienated a large number of voters and fuck it up. He has fucked everything up for himself every single time. Gaff after gaff, fuck up after fuck up. I just think he's a bit of a robot that's not particularly bright.
Obama hasn't made very many reforms. He repealed Don't Ask Don't Tell, but that's rather tiny overall. The only large reform he's made is the ACA.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: September 25, 2012, 01:04:59 pm »

please, please deport him off this planet.

he's probably the reason aliens haven't visited.

If he was president, he'd be like Bush except with less charisma.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: September 25, 2012, 01:08:04 pm »

please, please deport him off this planet.

he's probably the reason aliens haven't visited.

If he was president, he'd be like Bush except with less charisma.
I was too young to know/care much about bush.

he was bad on mitt's level?
WHY DID YOU GUYS ELECT HIM!?

The world asked the USA that question for 8 years.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: September 25, 2012, 01:10:31 pm »

Shenanigans.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: September 25, 2012, 01:17:44 pm »

Bush was not anywhere near has horrible as Romney would be.

Bush gets a lot of criticism but he did good things, such as like PEPFAR. He wasn't really cut out for being President in a situation like the one 9/11 presented. Had it not happened he wouldn't have been anywhere near as disliked. All of his worst actions stem from it.

Romney is a blatant far-right shrill who will pander to corporations and organized religion so he can get more power for himself, just because.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 01:22:28 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #5699 on: September 25, 2012, 01:21:11 pm »

Ways that bush wasn't like Romney:
Bush got his wealth from oil, Romney got his wealth from murdering corporations and feasting on their corpses.
Bush liked beer and fried chicken (and cocaine), Romney likes bottled water and whatever Mormons are allowed to eat.
Bush dodged the draft by joining the Texas national guard, Romney dodged the draft by going to France.
Bush comfortably wears cowboy boots, denim and a 10 gallon hat, Romney comfortably wears a $10 thousand dollar business suit.
Bush never used the words "ardent" and "NASCAR" in the same sentence, he probably never even used the word "ardent".
Etc.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 714